Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It's simple folks.....

We win out....

ONE loss by Ravens = wildcard slot for NE.

Two losses, one each by Jets and Dolphins = Division crown for NE.

Don't even think about going if we lose a game, chances would be really slim requiring a tie between Jets and Miami after they both lose next week, or Baltimore loses the nest two.

man this playoff picture is like the freakin crazy stairs painting

If we beat Arizona and the Cowboys take out Baltimore were in, no way we lose to Buffalo with the playoffs on the line.

BB is 2 smart 2 lose with playoff implications on the line

great thread title FGS but someone beat you to it

Last edited:
Amazing that we could fininsh 11-5 and miss the playoffs - and even more amazing that we'd finish 11-5 without Brady without our starting RB and most of the backup RBs for a good portion of the season, and without the majority of our starters on defense, using guys who until very recently were retired or otherwise way down deep on the depthchart.

The fact that Belichick has these guys playing without penalties is amazing as well (though in all honesty some of those lapses against the Raiders today were nothing to be proud of)

I'm zen with the fact that we could be 11-5 and miss the playoffs - and think its that much further of an embarrassment to teams like the Jets that spent $140 million in the offseason that they won't finish with much better a record than the injury plagued Pats.

Amazing that we could fininsh 11-5 and miss the playoffs - and even more amazing that we'd finish 11-5 without Brady without our starting RB and most of the backup RBs for a good portion of the season, and without the majority of our starters on defense, using guys who until very recently were retired or otherwise way down deep on the depthchart.

The fact that Belichick has these guys playing without penalties is amazing as well (though in all honesty some of those lapses against the Raiders today were nothing to be proud of)

I'm zen with the fact that we could be 11-5 and miss the playoffs - and think its that much further of an embarrassment to teams like the Jets that spent $140 million in the offseason that they won't finish with much better a record than the injury plagued Pats.

very well said.....and IMO the tubby rat fink would be kicked out on his ass for wasting 140 mill, Favre would retire again and the jest would go back to their loosing ways.....

As for us....we are amazing....plain and simple....

Last edited:
very well said.....and IMO the tubby rat fink would be kicked out on his ass for wasting 140 mill, Favre would retire again and the jest would go back to their loosing ways.....

As for us....we are amazing....plain and simple....

very well said

This season amazes me. Supposedly there were no good teams this year. No we're potentially talking about winning 11 games and still MISSING the playoffs. How many 11-5 teams have missed the playoffs?

If we beat Arizona and the Cowboys take out Baltimore were in, no way we lose to Buffalo with the playoffs on the line.

And we'll know before Sunday's game b/c Dallas hosts Baltimore Saturday night.

QB12

This season amazes me. Supposedly there were no good teams this year. No we're potentially talking about winning 11 games and still MISSING the playoffs. How many 11-5 teams have missed the playoffs?

Only once has an 11 win team failed to get into the playoffs, and no 11 win team has failed to get into the playoffs since they changed the format.

Having said that, one thing we are seeing this year is an extraordinary amount of really bad teams. Usually there are only 1-2 teams that are truly awful, but that number is higher this season.

Raiders
Lions (historically bad)
Rams
Seahawks
Bengals
Chiefs

3 of the teams that could end up 11-5 (although only 2 of 3 actually getting it is possible) are in the AFC East, which plays both the AFC and NFC West, giving them games against 4 of the above 6 teams plus a game against a 49ers team that was awful before its coaching change.

I don’t see Miami (at KC), NYJ (at Sea) AND Balt (at Dallas) all winning this weekend

We just can’t lose

There is a very good chance of the Jets losing at SEA (they've been pretty bad on trips to the west coast this season) and then beating Miami at home (where they historically have Miami's number).

Personally though, I'm hoping for a Ravens loss on Saturday night, so I don't have to obsess over both the Jets AND Fish.

Agreed. I'd love to win the division, but I'd also like another shot at either the Dolphins or Jets.

Always felt and still feel Ravens losing is our best shot in.

Dallas is playing spectacular defense right now and it's @ Dallas.

As previously stated but with realistic scenarios. For example, I do not see KC beating Miami or Baltimore losing to Jacksonville at home.

1. Pats win both games
2. Jets lose to SEA but beats MIA
3. MIA beats KC but lose to Jets
4. Balt loses to Dallas

Pats win AFC East. Jets are in with #6 seed. Now the Patriots do not need Baltimore to lose but it provides playoff hope for the Jets after losing to Seattle.

1. Pats win both games
2. Jets (SEA, MIA) or Phins (KC,NYJ) win both games
3. Balt loses to Dallas

Either Phins or Jets win AFC East. Pats are in as #6 seed. I give the Dolphins a greater chance winning the division than the Jets. Pats are still #6 if Baltimore beats Dallas but loses to JAX (unlikely).

The hardest part may be of these playoff scenarios is the Patriots winning their last two games.

Dream scenario this upcoming week
Dallas beats Balt
Pats beats Cards
Phins lose to KC (I said dream)
Jets lose to SEA

Please correct me if I am wrong, but does a Blatimore loss not need to be coupled with a Fins loss for us to get the WC spot (assuming we win out of course)?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but does a Blatimore loss not need to be coupled with a Fins loss for us to get the WC spot (assuming we win out of course)?

Yes, but if the fins have no losses then the are not competing with us for a wild card spot, they won the division. Same deal with the Jets.

As previously stated but with realistic scenarios.
Dream scenario this upcoming week
Dallas beats Balt
Pats beats Cards
Phins lose to KC (I said dream)
Jets lose to SEA

I like this dream and am going to have a good night's sleep with this in mind. Who says dreams can't come true ? The fins are dreaming too much (after their last season) - I think they may become overconfident and lose against KC... Go KC !

11-5 would be amazing for a team losing the NFL's best player, let alone 3 more of their top players. Even more amazing is that this team is but two plays - the Gaffney drop in Indy, and the Watson fumble to the Jets - from 11-3 and winning out would tie them for 2nd seed and maybe get them a bye. Every team has coulda's and shoulda's, I know, I know, but my point is while 9-5 (11-5 if we win out) is quite amazing, we would be two simple plays away from having the second best record in football! Minus TB, AD, Harrison, LoMo, and the other 10 on IR, 13-3 would stun the football press and elicit non-stop babble of BB's supreme greatness. Two simple plays...

The other side of that coin is the distinct possibility that we could miss the playoffs because of ONE indescribably horrible play by **** Jauron and the supposedly up and coming Bills. That's amazing......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes