Not open for further replies.
Re: One idle thought

Gotta be Richard Seymour, right?

1.) Brady
2.) Seymour
3.) T. Warren
4.) Samuel
5.) Mayo

Very debatable topic, I'm looking at my own list and disagreeing with it already.
How could you possibly have Warren and Samuel ahead of Wilfork and Light?

1) Brady
2a) Seymour
2b) Wilfork (perhaps Wilfork gets the nod, value wise because he was picked in the 20s and Seymour was #6)
3) Light (starting LT for at least 10 years with multiple probowls)
4) Mankins (likely to pass Light when he has been here long enough)
5) Mayo (still a long time to rise)

Still TBD, Gronk, McCourty, Price, etc

Solder can turn out to have been a great pick at 17 and still have a hard time cracking the top 5

TB did alter the game plan, they could not get to solder with there usual faster DE , but they moved a DT out and then they started having good result against solder.

More teams that watch this will kick a DT as end or make the 3-4 end line up outside the tackle box over him.... He needs to get stronger and get this pad level down. Its not he needs to get stronger more than play with proper technique.

If i am 3-4 team i will line up a backup NT on the solder to create headaches.
If having Solder on the field makes a team alter its lineup, then we won that battle already.

Websters:
1: trim or smart in dress : spruce
2: scrupulously clean, neat, or correct : tidy
3: highly self-satisfied
Doubt #1 applies...But since Patfanken adds Ys to all his buddies names, maybe his buddies Biffy and Dougy are very sprucy
#2.....see #1.....has a Provinetowny feel to it....home of the added Y
#3....I watched Seinfeld today, I really enjoyed the show....just like I enjoyed the Patriots' defensive prowess last night....Am I highly self satisfied? If you really enjoy Seinfeld, you must be really smug? Really?

PS: I love this board. If you get too excited about your team, you get labeled smug. And they even tell you which dictionaries are all wrong.
Not wrong, abridged. Even so, look at your #3 definition again, and re-read the use of smug in the original post, then perhaps you wouldn't be so smug ... err.. self-satisfied with your response.

Last edited:

I'll probably regret injecting myself into this, but "smug" was correct as PFK used it.
Don't want to get to smug and/or self-satisfied, but I was correct in my prediction.

Last edited:

How could you possibly have Warren and Samuel ahead of Wilfork and Light?

1) Brady
2a) Seymour
2b) Wilfork (perhaps Wilfork gets the nod, value wise because he was picked in the 20s and Seymour was #6)
3) Light (starting LT for at least 10 years with multiple probowls)
4) Mankins (likely to pass Light when he has been here long enough)
5) Mayo (still a long time to rise)

Still TBD, Gronk, McCourty, Price, etc

Solder can turn out to have been a great pick at 17 and still have a hard time cracking the top 5

AJ, I think you are right on the money with your post. Now that I have read it, I might have to amend my expectations of Solder's place in Pats history to the "top 5" draft picks. ;). But it was interesting,(at least to me) that when I looked at the list, McCourty was the ONLY DB included, especially given the vast number of picks BB has made in that area. Not making judgements, just commenting.

BTW- It was also revealing that you put Price in your TBD area along with Gronk and McCourty. Pretty elevated company for a guy who has dressed for one NFL game in his career. Tsk Tsk, AJ, your "binky" is showing. ;)

Last edited:

AJ, I think you are right on the money with your post. Now that I have read it, I might have to amend my expectations of Solder's place in Pats history to the "top 5" draft picks. ;). But it was interesting,(at least to me) that when I looked at the list, McCourty was the ONLY DB included, especially given the vast number of picks BB has made in that area. Not making judgements, just commenting.

BTW- It was also revealing that you put Price in your TBD area along with Gronk. Tsk Tsk, AJ, your "binky" is showing. ;)

For the most part these are #1 picks, and McCouty and Meriwhether are the only #1s at DB. Others listed Samuel too, I just dont have him top 5, so DB is pretty well represented. Its no shame to not be on the top 5 list.

Yeah, Price isn't really on a level with those guys, but he is part of last years draft class, we havent seen anything of him, and he came to mind before etc. Wasnt singling him out just using those names with etc to represent all picks we don't know about yet.

For the most part these are #1 picks, and McCouty and Meriwhether are the only #1s at DB. Others listed Samuel too, I just dont have him top 5, so DB is pretty well represented. Its no shame to not be on the top 5 list.

Good point, I didn't consider small # of 1st round picks devoted to DBs....and I agree with your assessment of Samuel. He was a much better ball hawk than he is an all round CB. Off the top of my head he'd have trouble making the top 10, but definitely the top 15

Yeah, Price isn't really on a level with those guys, but he is part of last years draft class, we havent seen anything of him, and he came to mind before etc. Wasnt singling him out just using those names with etc to represent all picks we don't know about yet.
OK, I'll take your word for it. We'll put it down as a "Freudian slip"......and I hope your right. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back