PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One guy's opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: One guys opinion

Thats why we brought in Adalius man beast and company:).

I'm pretty sure Ty Law drove Satan Manning nuts as well.

I find it amusing how many people treat the AFCCG as a blowout or that the Colts "had their way" with NE. Indy won the game, fair and square, but let's not pretend it was some sort of blowout or the Indy had 'em all the way or anything like that...

They had their way when it counted.

It's probably a combination of our LB's getting old, which is a true statement, and the Colts finally figuring out a way to beat us. Injuries also played a roll in at least 2 of the 3 wins by Indy (not making an excuse, just fact). I give Indy credit, they pretty much have had their way against our defense scoring 27+ points in all 3 wins against us. Now it's OUR turn to figure out how to beat them again, it won't be easy, but we certainly won't be the same team from the 3 losses.

The guy over at stampedeblue (Big Blue Shoe) is a huge jackass who has a fascination with the Pats. Every freaking story he writes comes full circle and ends up being about the Pats (he is really jealous). And, generally what he says is a pile of dung...complete idiot...:rocker:

I just love all these easy one line explainations for a complex and intracate problem. The LBs WERE NOT the problem in the Colt game, since it was a rare situation where all 4 were on the field at the same time in the 2nd half of the AFCCG.

Also the Pats DID put excellent pressure on Manning. The only difference this time was Manning's execution. In the past Manning would let the pressure affect his throws. In this game, especially in the 2nd half, Manning responded to the pressure with a series of GREAT throws.

I thought the entire D wilted in the 2nd half. They all looked tired to me.

OK I'm going to say it even if it looks like "excuses" or "rationalizing". I'm going to say it because it's the truth.

Injuries and the flu took a toll on us more than the Colts. Corey and Kevin both injured in the first half. LOMO playing with a bad shoulder. The immortal Rashad Baker playing FS during a vital time in the third and 4th quarters and doing a very bad job of it.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Colts, who I hate, they won. But to deny the truth in order appear not to be "excuse making" is not being honest.

OK I'm going to say it even if it looks like "excuses" or "rationalizing". I'm going to say it because it's the truth.

Injuries and the flu took a toll on us more than the Colts. Corey and Kevin both injured in the first half. LOMO playing with a bad shoulder. The immortal Rashad Baker playing FS during a vital time in the third and 4th quarters and doing a very bad job of it.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the Colts, who I hate, they won. But to deny the truth in order appear not to be "excuse making" is not being honest.

+1. The first half showed what a healthy Pats team could do.

+1. The first half showed what a healthy Pats team could do.

definitely, healthy pats + healthy colts, well we all know what that would be. But then you factor in injuries where the pats have been unlucky, and that is why we lost. It is not an excuse, it is the truth. If we didn't have our backups on the field, and healthy starters, we would have won.

I just love all these easy one line explainations for a complex and intracate problem. The LBs WERE NOT the problem in the Colt game, since it was a rare situation where all 4 were on the field at the same time in the 2nd half of the AFCCG.

Also the Pats DID put excellent pressure on Manning. The only difference this time was Manning's execution. In the past Manning would let the pressure affect his throws. In this game, especially in the 2nd half, Manning responded to the pressure with a series of GREAT throws.

Or, the pressure wasn't on him as fast.

A little difference means a lot. It's not horseshoes, no points for almost getting to the QB.

Fortunately A.D. is a big upgrade.

I thought the entire D wilted in the 2nd half. They all looked tired to me.

Illness or no, the first sub off the bench couldn't cut it. We had much better depth in years past.

conversations like this make me to pumped up for the season I cant wait to play Indy and destroy them

I'll throw a new opinion out there- in our last 3 meetings, one team has shown up for 60 minutes of football and the other hasn't. That falls on coaching. The Colts come on strong in the 2nd half of these games and the Pats wilt away. We won't beat them again until we get up for 60 minutes of football again.

I'll throw a new opinion out there- in our last 3 meetings, one team has shown up for 60 minutes of football and the other hasn't. That falls on coaching. The Colts come on strong in the 2nd half of these games and the Pats wilt away. We won't beat them again until we get up for 60 minutes of football again.

I tend to agree with you about the last three meetings. I have felt that the Colts have had the slight edge on us the last three times we have played them. They have been able to exploit our weaknesses. I also think you can see the difference in their confidence.

Having said that, I think we have re-tooled to turn the tables back in our favor. I can't wait.

Last edited:

Illness or no, the first sub off the bench couldn't cut it. We had much better depth in years past.

And think about it, some of our subs in that game were really THIRD stringers !! Our first stringers were missing (Harrison & Wilson at safety, Seau at ILB), then some of our backups were missing, so the backups to the backups were in there. Lets see the Colts beat us in OUR house with their third stringers, we almost did that to them !! God that los was frustrating, Rashard freakin Baker.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back