PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One guy I *almost* feel sorry for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Brian Daboll, the Pats' former WR coach.

Imagine: he asks for more responsibility, doesn't get it, then decides to leave when his contract expires in February.

Then the Patriots go out and sign Donte' Stallworth, Kelley Washington, and Wes Welker.

And, then, as if that weren't enough, they go out and get Randy Moss. [By the way--I can only imagine how much fun Daboll's replacement, Nick Caserio, is having right now. :) ]

Then I remember Daboll went to be Ratgini's QB coach . . . and my pity turns into Schadenfreude. :D

Last edited:
I *almost* feel sorry for David Givens. Unlike Branch, he played out his contract and earned his FA so I can't begrudge him leaving for big money. But at the end of this year, two years after leaving he'll have 8 catches for 104 yards in two years. Wes Welker's getting that in one game.

Then I remember Daboll went to be Ratgini's QB coach . . . and my pity turns into Schadenfreude. :D

It never gets old when it comes to the Jests, does it? :)

I *almost* feel sorry for David Givens. Unlike Branch, he played out his contract and earned his FA so I can't begrudge him leaving for big money. But at the end of this year, two years after leaving he'll have 8 catches for 104 yards in two years. Wes Welker's getting that in one game.

I don't really feel sorry for him. I feel bad because he is injured. However, he chose the money. I do not blame him for choosing the money. To some players, there are more important things than football. Those players are usually on the other team.

It never gets old when it comes to the Jests, does it? :)

Nope, and considering how Kellen's performed in pre season and injury replacement and mop up or benching duty, it's gonna get worse before it gets better...Daboll will likely be looking for work before his boss is too. Somebody's gonna have to take the fall. Hope he's cultivated an NFL connection beyond BB and EM...

Anyone see that new Motorola Razr commercial with Mangini tossing his phone as he checks out the postgame spin and they are criticizing his D...Probably sounded funny coming off a playoff season...LOL

He and that outfit are gonna wish they never met too.

Would Romoe pick him up in Cleveland?????

I do not blame him for choosing the money. To some players, there are more important things than football. Those players are usually on the other team.

Now THAT's a great quotation!:rocker:

I don't feel sorry at all or not even close to feeling sorry. Hope he enjoys his money and being on a sinking ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back