PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One good thing about playing New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cramden

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
There'll be no shortage of Belicheat, Spygate and Hateriots talk coming from the likes of Gary Myers and Steve Serby this week. 2 weeks of New York hacks doing what they do best.

Should be plenty of material to keep the team unified and motivated. Not that they need anymore motivation than what the game itself provides but it never hurts.

Any bets who'll be the first to take their shot? I'll say Serby.

I was hoping for a Farve and Brady showdown, since we played the Giants already.. But I live 2 hrs away from Jersey, and hear WFAN regulary, and read the Post and the News, so there will be alot of Media hype of ...

I'm just happy we'll be spared all the hype of football Jesus Favre vs football anti-Christ Belichick.

Well that didn't take long, and the winner is Filip Bondy of the Daily News. Some highlights from his article today.

New England gets down and dirty to win AFC championship

FOXBOROUGH - If you want to hate the Patriots - and who doesn't? - then here was yet another reason to gnash your teeth and curse the scoreboard. The Pats won ugly Sunday, and maybe a little dirty. They put up the winning points in the AFC Championship Game during the second quarter, the turning point of the game, on a defensive play that looked very much like an illegal leg whip by outside linebacker Mike Vrabel.

And so now you have your Super Bowl XLII villains set in place, ready to rumble - and, if necessary, to cheat just a bit, 13 days from now

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...nd_gets_down_and_dirty_to_win_a-2.html?page=0

Vrable did get away with a leg whip/trip on Rivers.

Definitely a trip more than a whip but I wouldn't classify it as cheating as Bondy did. If that's the case then every team in the NFL cheats when there's a missed call.

Pats are going to light it up in the warm weather. This one is going to be a blowout. Pats will cover the spread for once.:D

Last edited:
Definitely a trip more than a whip but I wouldn't classify it as cheating as Bondy did. If that's the case then every team in the NFL cheats when there's a missed call.

No way! I'm appalled that Vrabel didn't tell the refs that he made an illegal play. That's disgraceful! What a bunch of cheaters.

Last edited:

It didn't seem intentional to me... Vrabel was blocked to the ground and happened to be in the way of Rivers' follow through. Is it still a penalty if it's not intentional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes