One game scouting report Quentin Groves (OLB) Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Quentin Groves DE 6’3 254 Auburn, 4.5 Forty

I had my eye on this guy, he has almost ideal size / speed to play OLB in the Patriots 3-4. So I watched some of the Auburn / Georgia game with hopes of seeing him in action.

Earlier I saw him play against South Florida and thought he was raw but had a knack for getting to the QB.

After watching him closer, run, don't walk away from this guy. He continually lined up at OLB and when plays were run to the opposite side of the formation he would lightly jog over and stiff around the pile. Never jumping in or getting dirty. I don't think I have ever seen a lazier defensive player. In big fat Vince Wilfork chases plays down.

Later in the game he got dinged up adding to his 'soft' image.

Stay away from him, unless he has a major attitude adjustment he will be nothing but dog poop stuck to the bottom of your shoe.

Quentin Groves DE 6’3 254 Auburn, 4.5 Forty

I had my eye on this guy, he has almost ideal size / speed to play OLB in the Patriots 3-4. So I watched some of the Auburn / Georgia game with hopes of seeing him in action.

Earlier I saw him play against South Florida and thought he was raw but had a knack for getting to the QB.

After watching him closer, run, don't walk away from this guy. He continually lined up at OLB and when plays were run to the opposite side of the formation he would lightly jog over and stiff around the pile. Never jumping in or getting dirty. I don't think I have ever seen a lazier defensive player. In big fat Vince Wilfork chases plays down.

Later in the game he got dinged up adding to his 'soft' image.

Stay away from him, unless he has a major attitude adjustment he will be nothing but dog poop stuck to the bottom of your shoe.

that's why you shouldn't make one game scouting reports. This guy is a real good player, and he is going to be a 2nd rounder IMO.

that's why you shouldn't make one game scouting reports. This guy is a real good player, and he is going to be a 2nd rounder IMO.

Maybe you are right, I am no expert but I have seen enough. He has a top 15 body but plays with a 1 cent heart. He is off my Christmas list.

Maybe you are right, I am no expert but I have seen enough. He has a top 15 body but plays with a 1 cent heart. He is off my Christmas list.

I also watched the game and thought Groves played poorly and looked out of place at LB. Are you aware he has been playing with 3 dislocated toes, and that he has been a career DE moved to LB only a couple of weeks ago? Maybe he has "no heart" as you say. Maybe you are judging him unfairly based off a snapshot with no background information.

I also watched the game and thought Groves played poorly and looked out of place at LB. Are you aware he has been playing with 3 dislocated toes, and that he has been a career DE moved to LB only a couple of weeks ago? Maybe he has "no heart" as you say. Maybe you are judging him unfairly based off a snapshot with no background information.

Guilty! still he is off my list, feel free to keep him on yours.

He is this year's version of DE Moses of Georgia (from last season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes