PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One for the Thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm sorry I just can't stand that comment! Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that this Steeler team can't ride on the coattails of the past Steeler teams? To my knowledge there isn't a player or coach that would still be on that team and qualify for "one for the thumb". (having previously won 4)
Personally, I hope they get ONE FOR THE BUMB! Go seahawks and shove right up there!!!! :eek:

LOL! I totally agree with you. Those other rings were won an awful long time ago.

PatsChick87 said:
I'm sorry I just can't stand that comment! Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that this Steeler team can't ride on the coattails of the past Steeler teams? To my knowledge there isn't a player or coach that would still be on that team and qualify for "one for the thumb". (having previously won 4)
Personally, I hope they get ONE FOR THE BUMB! Go seahawks and shove right up there!!!! :eek:

I'm sure there are many players on the team that weren't even born the last time the Steelers won a Super Bowl. :D

PatsChick87 said:

I agree with your sentiments 100%. Although I read this morning that there is somebody with the team (RB coach I think) who does have 4 rings. If I can find the article again, I'll link it.

And here it is:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06027/645326.stm

"Rooney is one of only four full-time Steelers employees who can get one for the thumb. Those with four Super Bowl rings include Rooney, running backs coach **** Hoak, scout Joe Greene and Bob McCartney, their video coordinator. Longtime scout Bill Nunn has four, but he retired to part-time status."

Last edited:
dryheat44 said:
I agree with your sentiments 100%. Although I read this morning that there is somebody with the team (RB coach I think) who does have 4 rings. If I can find the article again, I'll link it.

And here it is:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06027/645326.stm

"Rooney is one of only four full-time Steelers employees who can get one for the thumb. Those with four Super Bowl rings include Rooney, running backs coach **** Hoak, scout Joe Greene and Bob McCartney, their video coordinator. Longtime scout Bill Nunn has four, but he retired to part-time status."

Noooooooooooooooooooooo, foiled by facts! Was hoping to push Nut off the fence with that one! :D

PatsChick87 said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooo, foiled by facts! Was hoping to push Nut off the fence with that one! :D

Hey, never let facts interfere with bold statements. God knows I never do. Pffft. Facts. Facts can be used to prove anything that is even remotely true.

After reading Rodney article I was leaning even more toward the Steelers.

But, if they are useing the phrase "One for the thumb", then I want them to lose. That phrase makes me want to barf.

PATSNUTme said:
After reading Rodney article I was leaning even more toward the Steelers.

But, if they are useing the phrase "One for the thumb", then I want them to lose. That phrase makes me want to barf.

Ahhh, cut them some slack. Many can't count to five without it.

dryheat44 said:
Ahhh, cut them some slack. Many can't count to five without it.

Jest fans can't count to 11 without unzipping their flys.

No no no......nothing for their thumbs, I am hating on these Steelers now more than ever.

Seattle sux, but hopefully they can end Rottenburgers quest to be the youngest ever, blah blah blah. Is anyone really sick and tired of the freaking Bus?

I cannot stand not being in Detriot right now. I cannot handle seeing radio row and media day and we are not there. Its going ot get worse before it gets better, wait after the game when we are no longer Champions.

Man are we ever spolied, but please, not the Steelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back