PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

One amazing stat in this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad they let it go...but Sey's bump on Rivers after the play could have been called. If it were Indy, you better believe that they'd give 'em 15yards.

I don't remember who mentioned it but one of the announcers did, as long as you don't turn the receiver you can put your arm on him while making a play on the ball.

He did slightly turn the receiver and pulled down with a hook around the waist while the receiver was going up for the ball. It really doesn't matter though. It didn't decide the game. No point in debating it further. Things like that are called and uncalled inconsistently based on the refs angle to the play.

Every single game in the NFL, the losing team's fans think they got screwed by the refs. It's as tired as it is predictable.

There will always be fans that will complain no matter what happens. People complain about the refs when they win too. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I say the refs didn't impact the final result of today's game and I'm on the losing end so it's not all losing fans that complain.

That's what happens when the Colts aren't playing in the game.

good point and they also let the cb's and wr's play. I don't like the ticky tack pass interference calls.

Last two season that got the pats eliminated.

Bullsh*t. The Refs swallowed the whistles. If that's the way it's gonna be, OK...

I have no problem with refs swallowing their whistles in a championship game, but in this instance, what you saw featured was 2 highly disciplined teams, and that discipline showed.

AFAIAC, props to the refs for their game.

There was only one bad call in the game that I saw. Steed missed the fact that a San Diego receiver had stepped out of bounds before catching the ball, which should have been an illegal touching penalty.

Indeed, the SD receiver did step out of bounds, but you're wrong about the penalty. It's only a penalty if you come back inbounds and then are the first to touch the ball. The SD receiver never re-established position back inbounds for there to be a penalty.

Just to echo what's been said, I think this was an outstandingly officiated game, one of the best I've seen in recent playoffs. Not just in terms of penalties, but I can't remember one call which should have gone the other way. I don't have the game log in front of me, but I don't think there was a single challenge either (the only review I recall was on down by contact booth review before the end of the half, which they got right both times).

Kudos to the crew for calling a good one in an era where too many games seem to be decided by the refs. Compare that to the tremendous number of flags in the NFC game (not saying any were incorrect, there were just a lot more penalties).

Indeed, the SD receiver did step out of bounds, but you're wrong about the penalty. It's only a penalty if you come back inbounds and then are the first to touch the ball. The SD receiver never re-established position back inbounds for there to be a penalty.

I saw foot 1 OOB, foot 2 IB, foot 1 lifted, catch, foot 1 back OOB, which would be a penalty I believe.

Agree it's possible I saw it wrong and I'll look at it on tivo, but the way I saw it he was ineligible if I understand the rule.

Bottom line is that Steed unlikely see the 1st foot OOB, or else he would have taken off his hat. He never even reached for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye