PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Once again...the D played well..great W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Haynesworth was noticable.. overall very impressive overall showing..

Romo came as advertised..

Haynesworth collapsed the pocket nearly every play. He didn't show up much in the stats column, but he was big in the game.

It was nice to see the D carry the O today. Those Ryan brothers are very very good defensive minds. The Patriots just beat both of them, thankfully.
Well, we punted twice and had 371 yards of offense.
We ran the ball for over 100 yards, Brady completed 66% of his passes, and we converted 8/13 3rd downs, oh, and we marched right down the field to win the game.
The only thing the Cowboys did was hit Brady twice while he was throwing get Hernandez to fumble, and take away another possession with a Slater KO fumble.
They weren't exactly stopping us out there.

Honestly, and maybe I'm just a bit premature here (hold the jokes), I think the Pats D has turned the corner this week. We saw two very solid performances leading up to this week, but we all thought that they were just because the Pats played sub-par offenses. This week, however, they played a talent laden group and they held them to 16 points. They got pressure, sacks, INT's, and fumbles. In fact, the tackling was the only thing that I think we can complain about slightly.

This was the kind of performance we've all been waiting and hoping for from this young team. It should only get better from here, guys and gals. I really think this D took a GIANT step forward with this victory.

On a very side note: The Pats and 49ers have identical records.lol

Last edited:
I feel like this defense needs a more impactful player than Ninkovich to play opposite of Carter

Defense played great in my opinion.
Not only holding them to 16 points, but to do it after being handed bad field position so many times. Great effort, and best run D in a long time.

Great win - credit the D. Definitely good to see the defense carry the team.

Nice drive at the end by Brady to pull out of the hole of his own making. It has been a while since we saw one of those last mionute drives, too.

This was a big win because of the way they did it.

Not only holding them to 16 points, but to do it after being handed bad field position so many times. Great effort, and best run D in a long time.

Don't forget this team was coming off a bye week and a coach that had some familiarity with this team. The offense played well enough to win but it showed that Dallas was well prepared when they came into play today. Very impressive drive by our offense at the end there. Nice team builder for the young TE's and the new guys on the oline.

Defense played incredible considering again, the other team was well rested coming off a bye.
To hold Austin, Bryant and Witten to 16 points was pretty awesome to watch.

Wait until Mayo comes back. This defense is starting to come into form. Haters can try to put it on the opposing team's offense the last two weeks, but you certainly cannot today.

I still wonder if they'll bring Mayo back that quickly? Seems like he had a pretty nasty knee sprain...usually a 4-6 wk recovery. BB knows best...im sure he wont rush him back too quickly

How many people honestly expected such a low scoring game? It's always good to see the team win in different ways. And the Bills lost too!

A lot of good individual performances on D and they played well as a unit. We can nitpick over some bad plays, but overall this was a very good performance. It reminds me of the win against the Ravens last year. In the fourth quarter and overtime we shut the Ravens' offense down until the offense mustered together a scoring drive to win in overtime.

The team should have a lot of pride in themselves going into the bye week, while they get healthier.

With the showing by the Defense, this is the best I have felt about this Patriot team all year......ugly win.....comeback win......great win.....this is what a Defense that can take a team to a Championship looks like.....not dominating...but very good today.

I still wonder if they'll bring Mayo back that quickly? Seems like he had a pretty nasty knee sprain...usually a 4-6 wk recovery. BB knows best...im sure he wont rush him back too quickly

The fact he is already practicing, it might not be as bad as it looked. Sometimes you see guy get an injury that you are convinced is season ending and they are back in a series or two. This might be the case with Mayo's injury.

Great game by the defense. Ihedigbo has been the difference the last two weeks. He has allowed them to do more things up front. They are allot more aggresive with him in the back end. It would also be hard not to notice the beastlyness the DL came with today. Great effort and performance all day for them.

Stats are for losers.......

Haynesworth collapsed the pocket nearly every play. He didn't show up much in the stats column, but he was big in the game.

On Carter 2nd sack, Haynesworth was triple team, yet was still moving toward Romo. That was beastly.

Honestly, and maybe I'm just a bit premature here (hold the jokes), I think the Pats D has turned the corner this week. We saw two very solid performances leading up to this week, but we all thought that they were just because the Pats played sub-par offenses. This week, however, they played a talent laden group and they held them to 16 points. They got pressure, sacks, INT's, and fumbles. In fact, the tackling was the only thing that I think we can complain about slightly.

This was the kind of performance we've all been waiting and hoping for from this young team. It should only get better from here, guys and gals. I really think this D took a GIANT step forward with this victory.

On a very side note: The Pats and 49ers have identical records.lol

If I had to nitpick something, it would be the tackling. Left a little to be desired. Would like to see more guys wrapped up. Having said that, it was nice to get a W without having to put up 4359 points.

It was also great to see Brady lead the team to a game winning drive. It's been far to long since we won a game like this.

This answers one question: Can the Patriots D help win a game when the offense is off its game?

Since the end of last year I have been looking for the Patriots to develop the ability to win in more ways than just hoping Brady puts up 30+ points. I've wanted to see them come up with ways to win when Brady has a less-than-immortal game.

Well, the last two weeks, they've done exactly that. Last week, in the 4th quarter, they ran the ball down the Jets' throats, beating the crap out of them on the ground. Big-time running game? Check.

This week, the defense was tremendous. Holding Dallas to 16 points is a significant achievement, and coming up big in the 4th quarter was awesome. Defense getting big stops when it needs to, especially without a turnover? Check.

These last two weeks have done so much to encourage me about this team moving forward.

:singing:

Haynesworth is the X-factor on defense and Hernandez on offense. We don't lose if both are playing.

Carter good..haynesworth was pushing guys into the backfield

If I had to nitpick something, it would be the tackling. Left a little to be desired. Would like to see more guys wrapped up. Having said that, it was nice to get a W without having to put up 4359 points.

It was also great to see Brady lead the team to a game winning drive. It's been far to long since we won a game like this.

yeah...uh...they were 14-2 last year playing with the lead the entire game in most of those victories...your logic is imported from Switzerland....I WANT there to be "too long!!!!!!!!" periods between wins like this because it most likely means the Pats are throttling teams and winning going away. What IS nice to know is Brady is the G.O.A.T and sometimes people look at him and miss IT altogether.

Last edited:
Well, we punted twice and had 371 yards of offense.
We ran the ball for over 100 yards, Brady completed 66% of his passes, and we converted 8/13 3rd downs, oh, and we marched right down the field to win the game.
The only thing the Cowboys did was hit Brady twice while he was throwing get Hernandez to fumble, and take away another possession with a Slater KO fumble.
They weren't exactly stopping us out there.
And a week ago, we would have taken that as a better than usual performance for our D. We did give the Cowboys as much as they could handle considering their highly rated defense.

Their D came up big in many situations until that last drive by the Patriots. That's why the game is 60 minutes long :D.

Great game by the defense. Ihedigbo has been the difference the last two weeks. He has allowed them to do more things up front. They are allot more aggresive with him in the back end. It would also be hard not to notice the beastlyness the DL came with today. Great effort and performance all day for them.

Stats are for losers.......

His play has been one of the more underrated aspects of what we've seen from this defense in the past few weeks. He has played very very well. It has been a pleasant surprise, as we are all concerned about the safety position right now. I am happy with his play for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back