PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Once AGAIN, Ron Borges shows us his "football intelligence is on par with that ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Once AGAIN, Ron Borges shows us his "football intelligence is on par with that ..

In all fairness, if you want to read a Borges article, you should give Borges credit for writing something that you want to read. Borges makes money by being a contrarian, and getting people to disagree with him.

Given his history, are you sure Borges actually wrote it?

Re: Once AGAIN, Ron Borges shows us his "football intelligence is on par with that ..

oh_snap.gif

Well, that's a different problem =P

IMO I'd love to see the Pats lock up Vince, Mankins and Seymour. We all would. But if someone told me that you can't do that or that if you wait, you would pay them either 20% less that what you would pay now or receive draft picks if you franchise them, and the long term result would be greater profitability, mitigated risk to my business AND still fielding a SB-caliber team, as CEO the direction I would take seems to be a no-brainer.

My .02$.

Agree with everything, especially your last point (and would give it more than .02$). The Krafts are acting in what they perceive to be their self interest in an uncertain environment. Beginning and end of the story.

I still think that when everything is said and done, the Pats may have been ahead of the curve in what is going to happen with the cap in the future and many teams giving big deals now will be regretting their decisions.

Bob Kraft has already gone on record that he feels that an uncapped year will be beneficial to the Patriots because they have the financial resources even if it isn't good for the team.

Only time will tell if the Pats are playing this wrong.

One thing is for certain, Borges is really trying to stir the pot right now. I hate the guy, but I actually think he is an interesting read (when he actually writes his own column) and interview (I hated and disagreed with everything he said on 98.5 today, but was still compelled by the interview). Contrarians like him (and to an extent Felger) are arses and write ridiculous inflamatory things at time, but we still talk about them. Borges wrote two columns in two days and both have their own threads on this board. When can you say that about any other writer in this town.

I still think that when everything is said and done, the Pats may have been ahead of the curve in what is going to happen with the cap in the future and many teams giving big deals now will be regretting their decisions.

Bob Kraft has already gone on record that he feels that an uncapped year will be beneficial to the Patriots because they have the financial resources even if it isn't good for the team.

Only time will tell if the Pats are playing this wrong.

One thing is for certain, Borges is really trying to stir the pot right now. I hate the guy, but I actually think he is an interesting read (when he actually writes his own column) and interview (I hated and disagreed with everything he said on 98.5 today, but was still compelled by the interview). Contrarians like him (and to an extent Felger) are arses and write ridiculous inflamatory things at time, but we still talk about them. Borges wrote two columns in two days and both have their own threads on this board. When can you say that about any other writer in this town.

That's my fault, and will certainly NOT happen again.

It's news. If it's worthy of a thread, post it. Those people who want to 'boycott' can do so on their own.

It is two different articles. There is no reason why you can't have two different threads. Each article deserves their own thread since the subject of each article is different (one on how Brady is dealing with returning from injury and one about how the Pats are dealing with impending free agents). Nothing to be sorry about.

I was just pointing out that Borges writes such inflamatory pieces that they garner more attention than interesting, but not inflamatory pieces by good writers like Mike Reiss, Christopher Gasper, Christopher Price, SMY, etc.

I'm just saying that it wont be me bringing his writing to everyones attention. Although, he does get under my skin more than about anything. I just don't want him to get any credit for anything from my being irritated by his writing.

I'm just saying that it wont be me bringing his writing to everyones attention. Although, he does get under my skin more than about anything. I just don't want him to get any credit for anything from my being irritated by his writing.

Personally, I think Borges is an idiot, but an interesting idiot. People love to hate the guy. I think he writes ridiculously biased, anti-Belichick articles, but in a weird way I enjoy reading them.

Point taken, will not link to any Herald articles anymore. For everyone else, this stuff is way about my Jarhead brain. I just hate matter-of-fact negative know-it-alls like Borges. KILLS me.

If you're going to discuss articles, you should link to them. Simply because some people have an agenda (admittedly with good cause) doesn't mean that the world - or even this board - should change.

Everyone gets to make their own choice as to whether to click on the link. The desire to not click on certain links has certainly been expressed enough so that any regular reader of this forum is aware why they might not want to...

I think if the Pats FO fu(ks around with Brady's contract extension ,there will be some really pissed off Pats fans....and in reality I don't think it will go as smoothly as some expect so there will be some interesting times in the near future in NE.

Reality says that the Pats need to be never more serious than when its Bradys turn to bat.

Last edited:
I think if the Pats FO fu(ks around with Brady's contract extension ,there will be some really pissed off Pats fans....and in reality I don't think it will go as smoothly as some expect so there will be some interesting times in the near future in NE.

Reality says that the Pats need to be never more serious than when its Bradys turn to bat.

Amen Brother!

BB's coaching record without Brady = sub .500

BB's coaching record with Brady = plus .700.

Brady is the most indespensible part of the equation. I think he has earned whatever it takes to sign him to an extension.

Amen Brother!

Brady is the most indespensible part of the equation. I think he has earned whatever it takes to sign him to an extension.

Although I don't want to minimize Brady's contribution, I don't think it is fair to use Belichick's Cleveland Brown record since he didn't shop for the groceries and his last year there was a little bit of a distraction (the owner announcing he is moving the team to Baltimore during the first month of the season). Last year Belichick was 11-5 without Brady.

Amen Brother!

Thats too convienent. In 2000, the roster was gutted from the previous year and did not have a #1 pick. You had Curtis Jackson and Shockmain Davis there.

They go 11-5 w/ a BB roster w/o Brady.

Don't get me wrong, Brady has a big part in BBs persona and success, but it goes both ways. Take away his planning, gameday coaching and team building abilities, Pats have a BIG hole to fill. IMO a bigger hole than if Brady goes down again.

Camp - don't worry about linking or discussing Borges if you are compelled to read him, just do like you did -- warning us beforehand, so those of us who've worked around cattle, horses, and swine can switch to our rubber boots from our slippers, before wading into the mind of Borges.

Camp - don't worry about linking or discussing Borges if you are compelled to read him, just do like you did -- warning us beforehand, so those of us who've worked around cattle, horses, and swine can switch to our rubber boots from our slippers, before wading into the mind of Borges.

No warning about the mountain of soap and cologne needed to take away the stench after wading?

No warning about the mountain of soap and cologne needed to take away the stench after wading?
If you've shoveled it you need no warning.

Every time a thread like this goes up on a Patriots board....Borges wins. If you don't like him the best revenge is to IGNORE HIM!....and the rag paper who gave him a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes