PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Once again, falling behind the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anymore it kinda seems the Jets are always a few steps ahead.
Still Brady has a few years left.
BB mite have a few tricks left up his sleeve that Rex doesn't know about.
The Pats should at least be competitive with the Jets.

It amazes me how far the Jets have come with this new coach and top front office.
Belichick has mites? What sort of mites? :p

vegemites...:D

Vegemite.jpg

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!

Yes, Jets fans, we're impressed by the fact that you know how to spell the name of your team.

Yes, for the third time, it is a joke. My God, how could it be serious? The statement by Tannenbaum is so absurd it is almost mystical. And the stuff that the sports media is trying to find to write about regarding the NFL is, well...

Jet fans eat that stuff up.

Theyre already bouncing off the walls over their draft.

It's not yet having achieved object permanence.

The issue is that kids don't understand object permanence. 10 month old kids do in fact have object permanence!:D

Last edited:
I'm actually starting to feel a bit guilty about it.

The sarcasm smiley face ruins the humor in the sarcasm, IMHO. But golly gee, we are a sensitive group.

When I saw the quote from Tannenbaum I had to read it three times to make sure it wasn't some kind of deep Buddhist riddle.

It was really quite good, as measured by how many fell for it...and we're nearly at 70 comments!

Last edited:

It amazes me how far the Jets have come with this new coach and top front office.

What amazes me is what constitutes far for JETS fans in the post Namath era.

PS. Bill doesn't wear sleeves. And I'll bet Brady has more years left than Sanchize...

From National Football Post: Jets kicking around ideas | National Football Post

"We had a really good meeting the other day, Rex and I, with our staff and two things we're working on is improvement and trying to take a little time when we can but really focused on improving," Tannenbaum said.

How are we going to keep up with these guys? Why don't we hear about our coaching staff having a good meeting? Why aren't we hearing about the Pats trying to improve, and taking time to focus on improving? It's the old 'double-whammy'. We are DOA this year.

I am going to assume this last paragraph was tongue-in-cheek. Well played.

Last edited:

The jets are 2 years from a cliff. They better hope there is no salary cap. Drafting two or three guys a year and relying on trades and FA is not a great way to build a team long-term.

At least competitive? Please. Your front office is a joke. I will say that Fatty is the perfect coach for your little band of miscreants.

The Jets haven't been a few steps ahead of anybody in 3 decades.

I actually laugh out load every time I read

"It's the old 'double-whammy'"

I'm getting way too many laughs out of this post. nice job

I dunno. They gambled a lot on last season with no payback in terms of a trip to the SB, according to which they asked to be judged. When the dust settles they'll have lost several expensive players to Free Agency and will have drafted no one in one of either the second or third rounds in each of the last two Drafts. LT will be another year older. Sanchez has yet to prove himself to observers outside of New Jersey that he's anything more than a Good (i.e., not "Very Good" and certainly not "Great") NFL starting QB.

In other words, I think with two consecutive trips to the AFCCG that it's very possible that we've already seen the best of the Tannenbaum/Ryan/Sanchez years.

Last edited:
I dunno. They gambled a lot on last season with no payback in terms of a trip to the SB, according to which they asked to be judged. When the dust settles they'll have lost several expensive players to Free Agency and will have drafted no one in one of either the second or third rounds in each of the last two Drafts. LT will be another year older. Sanchez has yet to prove himself to observers outside of New Jersey that he's anything more than a Good (i.e., not "Very Good" and certainly not "Great") NFL starting QB.

In other words, I think with two consecutive trips to the AFCCG that it's very possible that we've already seen the best of the Tannenbaum/Ryan/Sanchez years.

My thesis, entirely...

Yes, for the third time, it is a joke. My God, how could it be serious? The statement by Tannenbaum is so absurd it is almost mystical. And the stuff that the sports media is trying to find to write about regarding the NFL is, well...

in all honesty you never know anymore with some posts. e.g lets trade brady keep cassel, hoyer's worth a 2nd round pick, this draft is now the end of the pats we'll only go 8-8 this year e.t.c

thank god there are some more sane people here

My thesis, entirely...

I couldn't agree more. Frankly, I am surprised at someone like Gunnails even thinking that "anymore it always seems like the Jets are always a few steps ahead." Usually he's more realistic and reserved.

I am not, nor have I ever been 'afraid that we're falling behind' the NYJ. All they've done is gotten back to proving themselves as a rival. The past 2 years they've basically backed in the playoffs as a wild-card, and they surely didn't have any kind of stretch run that was decent. IIRC, they were very close (PIT game) to finishing 1-4 in the last 5 of the season, and practically missing the WC spot entirely. The Pats still won the division both yrs, and they still beat the hell out of them 45-3 late in the season.

I give the NYJ credit for being able to play with heightened emotion, and that was more than proven in the divisional game vs NE (not to mention a very good gameplan). Playing with emotion is important, particularly in the playoffs, so if they do return I consider them a very worthy oppenent. I do not think they have either the offense nor the defense to go 'all the way,' and they will be continuously let down.

All they have done is won divisional playoff games as a WC--and granted that is something we have not been able to do, so props to them on that. However, that is much different from their continous babbling about being the future 'SB champs.' They need help on both sides of the ball to do that, not to mention have gotten basically nowhere in the draft.

The NYJ have done absolutely nothing at all to set themselves up for a future run at anything, and will quickly be back to a 10-6/9-7 team again. Their play on emotion will only carry them so far, especially if their built for now mentality catches up to them this upcoming year. As I said, they have done nothing but prove themselves a worthwhile divisional rival, and although they have proven themselves quite capable of beating NE--so has Miami in yrs past, and their not winning any SB's any time soon either.

Kudos to the Jets, for playing us tough (and flat out beating NE) again...however, they are far from being a SB quality team, and are even farther from being a competitive team of the future. Anyone who thinks that the AFCE goes through them is incredibly short-sighted and downright delusional.

I give the NYJ credit for being able to play with heightened emotion, and that was more than proven in the divisional game vs NE (not to mention a very good gameplan). Playing with emotion is important, particularly in the playoffs, so if they do return I consider them a very worthy oppenent. I do not think they have either the offense nor the defense to go 'all the way,' and they will be continuously let down.

All they have done is won divisional playoff games as a WC--and granted that is something we have not been able to do, so props to them on that. However, that is much different from their continous babbling about being the future 'SB champs.' They need help on both sides of the ball to do that, not to mention have gotten basically nowhere in the draft.

The NYJ have done absolutely nothing at all to set themselves up for a future run at anything, and will quickly be back to a 10-6/9-7 team again. Their play on emotion will only carry them so far, especially if their built for now mentality catches up to them this upcoming year. As I said, they have done nothing but prove themselves a worthwhile divisional rival, and although they have proven themselves quite capable of beating NE--so has Miami in yrs past, and their not winning any SB's any time soon either.

Kudos to the Jets, for playing us tough (and flat out beating NE) again...however, they are far from being a SB quality team, and are even farther from being a competitive team of the future. Anyone who thinks that the AFCE goes through them is incredibly short-sighted and downright delusional.

Agreed. This is a classic case of a team that felt it had a core but aging team that was positioned to win it all in 2009 and/or 2010 and then bet the farm in terms of cap and draft picks to put the pieces in place to be sure that happened. But, it didn't happen because in both seasons they had to get past the "iron of the AFC" to get to the Super Bowl and they couldn't. They couldn't get past Indy in 2009/10 and while they got past the Patriots, they couldn't get past the Steelers in 2010/11.

As Pats fans, we have to admit without excuses that they exposed our weaknesses on that miserable day this past January as they had also done a few weeks earlier. But they couldn't close the deal in Pittsburgh and I can't wait for our rematches with whatever team they field next season. Sanchez is and will remain their Achilles heel when the chips are down and that is not something they can fix, as they tried to do last year, with expensive FA's in the backfield or at WR.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more. Frankly, I am surprised at someone like Gunnails even thinking that "anymore it always seems like the Jets are always a few steps ahead." Usually he's more realistic and reserved.

===========================================

Since this whole thread is based on sarcasm, and the OP did not throw out a smiley face, I felt no need to put a smiley face on my post.

I could throw out my real opinion but what good would that do.:)

Last edited:
===========================================

Since this whole thread is based on sarcasm, and the OP did not throw out a smiley face, I felt no need to put a smiley face on my post.

I could throw out my real opinion but what good would that do.:)

What is your opinion then? That the Jets have passed the Patriots...you guys are set-up towards future better than we are?

What is your opinion then? That the Jets have passed the Patriots...you guys are set-up towards future better than we are?

==========================================

Yes and no.

The Jets IMHO have caught up with the Pats, not surpassed, the Jets are set up for the future in as much that I believe in the Sanchize and Tannenbaum's ability to work the cap and to fill positions of need.

Rex is not BB, but who is, still I think Rex is a quality coach and hella fun to have leading the Jets.

BRB maybe 2 hours to flush out some more thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back