PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On watching the GRONK "neck" TD again . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solder wasn't exactly blazing running his route, but he showed a great burst and good closing speed when going for the block. Wonder if he could play OLB or DE....

Last edited:
Solder wasn't exactly blazing running his route, but he showed a great burst and good closing speed when going for the block. Wonder if he could play OLB or DE....

Yeah. He wasn't exactly getting separation as a receiver. :)

he was lucky he wasn't really hurt on that play

But as a side note..i miss football so bad..just watching the live game feed with the announcers..i miss it all...:(

I can't stand watching that play. Brilliant play by Gronk, but by all rights he should have been severely injured on that play. He was lucky.

It was a good down field block by Solder. I think he could be a solid LT with that speed. He can definitely stop the best speed rushers from getting around him with that speed and arm span. Hopefully, he has the footwork and awareness to complete that package. He did a fairly good job last year, but will need to be better this year protecting Brady's blindside.

I can't stand watching that play. Brilliant play by Gronk, but by all rights he should have been severely injured on that play. He was lucky.

Indeed....as he gets up his eyes look a bit dazed after it.

I would really like Gronk to become a bit more cautious about taking contact next year. But i guess he's gonna try to bulldoze forward no matter what.

It was a good down field block by Solder. I think he could be a solid LT with that speed. He can definitely stop the best speed rushers from getting around him with that speed and arm span. Hopefully, he has the footwork and awareness to complete that package. He did a fairly good job last year, but will need to be better this year protecting Brady's blindside.

I cringe whenever I watch that play. He is so lucky he wasn't badly injured.

I'm afraid if I watch it too many times, he'll finally end up injured in one of the replays. Don't tempt fate.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing