PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On TV: Bill mic'd up for the Phins game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the million stars button? That was great!

Anybody notice that at the end, BB says that Monday is a work day and they have to get back to working on Indy. Not starting on Indy, but get back to Indy. I think BB really wants this game.

Great vid. Compare this to the guy who thinks he's Belichick Jr.

Anybody notice that at the end, BB says that Monday is a work day and they have to get back to working on Indy. Not starting on Indy, but get back to Indy. I think BB really wants this game.

I think you're reading too much into it, personally.

Re: Bill mic'd up for the Phins game

Actually I got it mixed up. The replay is tonight at 8, not sure if the sound f/x will be shown as well.
Listed on Verizon cable guide as tonight 1:30am and again Friday at noon.

Where is the million stars button? That was great
The million stars button only shows up if your system has a screen resolution big enough to show a million stars. You need to upgrade.

;)

Best line was toward the end, when BB patted Jason Taylor on the back, and said, "You're going to the hall of fame, buddy... mostly just from playing us."

Rare Ernie Adams appearance in the first 3 seconds of the video!!!!!

That alone, makes this piece a collector's item!!!!!!!!!

I heard BB say in an interview that the game prep for the upcoming team (game a) lasts until Friday, and then after that they begin preparing for the next team (game b) even before they play that sun/mon.

In other words they closed the books on the Fins on Friday and began preperation for the colts that day. The coaching staff that is.

That was real cool. Thanks for the link, guys.
A bit off topic here but I watched Adalius in a lot of those clips
and I gotta say, save for the one tackle he had in the backfield he
left a lot to be desired. Horribly whiffed between two players, made a weak attempt at driving his blocker with his back in what looked like a spin move and just didn't look like he was hustling much.
I don't think we'll see him back next year.

That's funny, I saw him make multiple plays, not only the one in the backfield, but he banged his man into Henne on a great rush and caused an incompletion. He looked like he was hustling all around the field. He looked great.

I want BB to be by baby's mamma

It's encouraging and relieving to hear BB say let's press these guys quite a few times. I can't stand it when we give so much cushion. I guess this is further proof that Pees could be the one wanting to play off the WR's? I can't imagine the CB's would just ignore the head coach asking them to press. It'll be interesting to see what they do this week vs Indy. I think we need to get physical with Wayne and jam him at the line a lot. If we play 5-7 yards off the WR's it's going to be a long day vs Manning.

By the way, the clip is up on nfl dot com

Brady posing in the locker room at the end was hilarious

After Belichick said "lets press his bleep", pat chung just started laughing on the bench--I thought that was hysterical

Belichick is just unreal to watch mic'd up. Great vid.

It's encouraging and relieving to hear BB say let's press these guys quite a few times. I can't stand it when we give so much cushion. I guess this is further proof that Pees could be the one wanting to play off the WR's? I can't imagine the CB's would just ignore the head coach asking them to press. It'll be interesting to see what they do this week vs Indy. I think we need to get physical with Wayne and jam him at the line a lot. If we play 5-7 yards off the WR's it's going to be a long day vs Manning.

i think this needs to be analyzed by us a lot more....

we all thought that the "scheme" was to give cushions....and the "scheme" comes from pees....

now we have bb telling cb's that were giving cushions to wr's to press and jam them....

going against what the cb's were doing at the beginning, why the hell didnt the cb's do that since the beginning? and why did BB have to tell them so many times?

do the cb's have ultimate control of how they cover a wr? the only specification is dont get beat deep, and after that its up to the cb' to decide how tight he feels confident in playing?

this vid might give us an answer to one of the biggest enigmas on this board

I am not the kind of person that is easily star struck. I've been around a few sports and entertainment celebs and never thought it was a huge deal... Except the one time I was in the same room as BB I swear I almost passed out.

Yes, I like that man.

I think it depends a lot on the quality of QB and WR. I'd be awfully surprised if we saw a lot of press coverage on Reggie Wayne, for example. With Bess and Ginn, though, and Henne throwing to them? Why the hell wouldn't you press- even if they beat you, the chances of Henne making the right read, delivering the throw, and them actually catching the ball... it's pretty unlikely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye