On the record

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Okay, there's a thread about the Pats saying "Well, we're 9-4." Reminds me of the Coors Light ad with Walsh saying "Well 12 and 4 is pretty good."

Look people, there is a point here. The Pats are at this point close to a lock to win the division. And this is one of those down years where we "just" win the division. Point is -- we're spoiled. DUH!

Now to the other point... yeah we want to be Super Bowl contenders. No, we're not out of it. Far from it. But the play is inconsistent, no argument. The Miami loss was our low point so far. And now, we're banged up (again.)

So what's it look like, to be realistic, today? It looks like a 2-and-done playoffs, maybe 1-and-done.

Yeah, from a guy that thinks Super Bowl every year (me), I have to say "yuck." But from the point of view of the 75% of fans that watch their teams not win a division? Pretty nice.

News flash: the Niners didn't win every super bowl in the '80s, or the Cowboys in the 90s, or the Steelers in the 70s.

I still want to win this one. But come on guys. This "My GOD!!!! What are they THINKING????" stuff makes very little sense. Other teams prepare (see the dolphins studies of our audibles, etc.,) other teams practice, and other teams have NFL-level talent.

By the way that includes Houston, Jax, and Tennessee... so don't think it's over yet.

I will not be shocked if Indy loses this week, or Chicago, or San Diego. I wasn't shocked when Dallas (the hot NFC team) lost last week. LOSSES HAPPEN, even in Super Bowl years.

I was in the Patsfans.com bulletin board for a while at the end of last week's game and had to leave in disgust. There's this guy in there saying "we got OWNED! No way we win another game! Did you even SEE that?!??!" What kind of piss-ant fans are we? I can not believe the same people that watched and prayed for playoff berths in the 70s and sometimes the 80s and 90s, and suffered through the 2-14 years hoping for that last play that turns something around, can come out with this drivel.

We're still in it people, and nobody in the league this year is so en fuego I can not imagine beating them (Lord willin an the crick dont rise.)

Okay, soap boxing over. Back to who to fire, why the record's this bad, how we'll never beat Team X, and so on and so on and so on.

PFnV

So let the record show....:D

I know what you mean about the chicken littles. But the rose colored glasses crowd are just as bad. If ever a negative word is even whispered here, the poor poster is all but lynched.

Sometimes this team does not play well. Last weekend was one of those times. After a poor performance, it is not only acceptable, but actually desirable to read tough critiques of the game, and insights as to what went wrong and what can be done to correct it. Call it catharsis.

I see the "fans" unquote who think its mandatory to fire Belichick since he's lost it; Pioli, because he assumes a guy who said he would honor his contract, actually would; MaDaniels because he's a snot nose kid, with only 8 years of NFL coaching experience; Kraft who is a cheap bum; yada, yada yada. With friends like that, do you really need enemies?

I'm sure these guys are all sincere fans. And I know that they really HATE being 9-4 and game away from clinching a playoff berth and a division championship. But jeez can you guys get ANY perspective at all?

Miami's season was all wrapped up in this SAYONARA game. When all is said and done, I'd much rather be going to the playoffs than going home like they are. They won. So what? Happens on any Sunday. Their ST pinned the Pats on four drives and since most teams only get about 8 -9 drives per game, is it any wonder they won? The Defense played great considering they were defending a 40 yard field for 5 or 6 drives or more than half the game.

The Pats have established a tradition of winning late in the season. That is when depth starts to show. Of course it helps to go back and inspect the schedules and you''ll find that usually the tough part of the schedule occurred early in the schedule during the BB era. This year it came at midseason or later. So did the losses. BFD!

There is no super team this year. I pick the Bolts as the favorite, but they had to conduct some prodigous rallies. I ask how did they get that far behind?

The Pats are really beat up for this Texans game; even if they lose, I still expect them to make the tourney. And guys will be getting healthier for the playoffs. But Jeez what will these boards be like next week if that happens.

There is no super team this year. I pick the Bolts as the favorite, but they had to conduct some prodigous rallies. I ask how did they get that far behind?
Also note that their Strength of Schedule and Strength of Victory are very, very low. I'm not sure how good they are just yet.

Okay, soap boxing over. PFnV
Finally! That stuff stings, and if you mix it with water - oh the horror! While you speak for me with your sentiments, let's take it easy on the soap, I'm very sensitive. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots