PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On Second Viewing: Gerard Warren = Beast Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose it's worth pointing out that, with Ellis and Warren both showing up in a big way on Saturday, maybe this whole "resting the veterans" strategy might be working? We'll see though, it takes more than one game to make a trend, so keeping the fingers crossed... if the line plays like that again, we're in the SB.

Two thoughts:

1. Tebow fights off pressure a lot better than Flacco does. Did anyone notice Flacco cower like a turtle when someone so much as breathed on him? If they can get near him, he's easy to rattle.

2. A little off topic but watching the video, I was reminded of the first play of the game. Denver jammed all the wide receivers at the line, and Brady dumped the ball to BJGE. I think this play set the tone. Denver must have been thinking, "Sh*&, now we have to worry about him catching passes?"

Part of me wonders if they've been taught to do that as to avoid a shot to the knees that Gronkowski was complaining about a while ago

Don't think so -- that's a Hernandez trademark. The shots to the knees aren't from defenders running to catch up from behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back