PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On Norv Turner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Because I'm a huge Pats' fan, I should want SD, and every other AFC team to fail. And, for the most part I do.

However, before Norv Turner took the offensive coordinator's job with the Chargers a few years back, I was on a flight with him to California (out of Dulles Airport). I asked him "so, are you going to interview for the Chargers offensive coordinator's job?". He said, "I'll give you an inside scoop, I'm going out there to ACCEPT the Offensive Coordinator's job". Anyway, he could not have been more down to earth and nice. He was that way with other folks too.

Turner being the head coach makes it alot harder to hate the Chargers, but I'll do my very best. I don't think he's a bad coach like many do. He was the head coach for two of the worse owners in sports today. Heck Hall of Famer Joe Gibbs won 6 games last year under Dan Snyder.

One more point (because I haven't quite figured out what my overall point is:)), and that is that hiring Turner also allows the team to keep the same offense, and not have to teach a young QB a new system.

The Chargers have been damaged by the offseason events, but it's nice to see good things happen to good people, so I'm happy that Norv Turner got another head coaching job (maybe I'll make this last sentence my overall point:)).

Because I'm a huge Pats' fan, I should want SD, and every other AFC team to fail. And, for the most part I do.

However, before Norv Turner took the offensive coordinator's job with the Chargers a few years back, I was on a flight with him to California (out of Dulles Airport). I asked him "so, are you going to interview for the Chargers offensive coordinator's job?". He said, "I'll give you an inside scoop, I'm going out there to ACCEPT the Offensive Coordinator's job". Anyway, he could not have been more down to earth and nice. He was that way with other folks too.

Turner being the head coach makes it alot harder to hate the Chargers, but I'll do my very best. I don't think he's a bad coach like many do. He was the head coach for two of the worse owners in sports today. Heck Hall of Famer Joe Gibbs won 6 games last year under Dan Snyder.

One more point (because I haven't quite figured out what my overall point is:)), and that is that hiring Turner also allows the team to keep the same offense, and not have to teach a young QB a new system.

The Chargers have been damaged by the offseason events, but it's nice to see good things happen to good people, so I'm happy that Norv Turner got another head coaching job (maybe I'll make this last sentence my overall point:)).

Having been over at the Skins forum recently-they detailed every little booboo he made during his tenure there-SCARY.

Really-from what I've heard, has a HC, he's a pushover, he rarely gets his teams physically prepared, and very non-confrontational.

He really was an integral part in Dallas' 3 Super Bowl wins, but he's NOT a HC material. The Chargers should have fired Marty last month and got to Wade before Dallas did.

SD won't make the playoffs.

Norv Turner= Pete Caroll.... Not going to have to worry about the Chargers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes