PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On Halloween Week: What was your all time SCARIEST Patriots game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Game that shall not be named. (hint the last one we played last year)

the Super Bowl was a horrid ending to a terrific season, and it was THE END. No next week, no redo. Getting back to that point (18-0) again will be a 1 in 1,000,000 shot.

I couldn't sleep for two days after the Super Bowl.

Agreed, i still can't sleep, the nightmare that never ends.

07 superbowl.. what could be scarier.. the ultimate slasher movie..and they get away with it to boot....

08/12/1978

I listened to that game on WBZ radio here in Pa. I was in the middle of our
pre-season camp for hs football. My senior year. Still made the time to listen
to the pats when I could. Sad day indeed. Also, gave you thoughts on why
you were playing this game.

Miami 29-28 in 2004.

Pats were 12-1, trying to stay even with Pittsburgh in the fight for homefield. Miami was 2-11. I used to be superstitious and never wear Pats gear on gamedays because it always seemed like they lost whenever I did. Well I was SO confident of victory that night that I wore a Pats SB36 T-shirt that day. Seriously, the game was in the bag in my mind...

When Miami (dressed as neon jack-o-lanterns, no less) scored late to close within one score, I figured the Pats would kill the clock or at least force Miami to drive the field with little time left. Then Brady threw that pass from his arse right to the Miami LB, setting up a short field. Yet for 3 downs the Pats held. Then Miami hit that tall WR in the endzone over Troy Brown in man-coverage and Miami had their shocking lead. Brady closed out the horror show with his 4th pick.

What made the game worse was that week was the first round of FF playoffs and I had Brady as QB and BB as coach. With 3 TD passes on the day, Brady put me comfortably ahead. Then the following happened:

Brady's 3rd pick: -3pts
Miami's improbable 4th-down score (leading to the loss...)
Brady's 4th pick: -3pts
With the loss, BB got credited with -3pts.

Nine points erased from my score within minutes. I lost by 2.

Regards,
Chris

The top 3 games

07 super bowl
06 AFC Title Game
08 season opener..

Those 3 games we have yet to recover from... :banned:

Has to be the past season's Super Bowl. The previous year's AFC Championship was pretty bad, too, but there's nothing that haunts my dreams like that past year. I've quite honestly had nightmares about it, and I still have trouble accepting it. Makes it worse that I live with a Giants fan (though I do respect the Giants immensely after that game).

Super Bowl 36.

Yes, it turned out to be an amazing victory and one of the best moments of my life, but the last quarter or so were agonizing for me. Being up 17-3 and then having the Rams come back so quickly scared the **** out of me. I just kept thinking that the Pats had been in control the entire game and were going to give it all away in the 4th quarter. Had they lost, I no doubt would've thrown up all over the place. Thank god they drove down and won.

It was a game that didn't even count, a pre-season game against the Raiders. Darryl Stingley (RIP) is lying on the ground, motionless. After seeing the replay, it was pretty obvious that this was not going to end up good. I was sick to my stomach. That is the most scared I have ever been watching a football game,

The top 3 games

07 super bowl
06 AFC Title Game
08 season opener..

I'd toss the AFC Conference Championship game from 05 on that list, too. How that Denver team (and specifically Jake Plummer) was able to play that far above thier heads is still beyond me.

The fans in the early eighties were wild. Constant fights, screaming, crazy environment.
Anyone else remember the game in 1985 when the Pats clinched the playoffs - another era when all the teams were peaking - and the fans tore down the goal post and paraded it up Route 1. The goal post parade dragged the metal conducting rod along the power lines, zapping the fans.

Those were scary games.

superbowl 43...when matt cassel leads the team to a ring. :eek:

Brady's injury was horrible, but who knows our season isn't over and I'm confident he'll come back next year better than ever. Going undefeated for 18.99 games and losing in the last 30 seconds of the season is something that will eat at me forever. After 18 weeks of holding our breath and waiting for something to go wrong it finally did at the very last possible moment. Nothing can ever heal that aside from a 19-0 season and it's highly unlikely we ever get that shot again.

The whole thing was just surreal to me seeing the Giants celebrate after the final kneel down, like a real life horror film. Eli Manning leading a game winning TD to beat us, the PATRIOTS, and spoil our chance at history. I went straight to bed and stared at my ceiling in utter awe for a good 3 hours at least before being able to fall asleep. Not to mention all the sh!t-talk that came my way the following day(s) since I don't live in NE.

The top 3 games

07 super bowl
06 AFC Title Game
08 season opener..

Agreed

I'm still sad face thinking about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back