PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

? on Cobbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClosingTime

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I haven't seen much of him, other than a fumble the other night. I know he's slow as molasses but does he at least run with some power? Is he prone to fumbling?

Not really, he can be coached to have better ball security. His game speed is good IMOand he has good vision.

Quick, good burst, good hands out of the backfield. He fumbled twice in preseason games, but I think that was as much learning how to deal with the Pro-game vs little North Texas competition. He has some power inside, but at 5-9 ish 209 he won't be moving the pile much, his height makes him one of the peek-a-boo players you have trouble finding behind the 6 footers. A report on his playing days in college indicate that he has good vision and looks to turn it up inside rather then try and beat people to the edge. You'll like his heart, I hope he succeeds for his sake - not yours of course.;)

Cobbs has powerful legs and reminds me of a FB. He says he is slow but he can catch the ball fairly well. He has 2 tackles on Special Teams play, including one against the Giants.

However 2 fumbles in the pre-season wasn't good and he knows it, however he seems like a hard worker and I would bet he would develop the necessary strength to avoid fumbling. He has the potential to contribute on offense.

Well, I guess its adios to you guys. Unfortunately my boy Cobbs is now a Steeler (and that hurts for a lifetime 'boys fan). I would have much rather been rooting for you than the Steelers this season as I refuse to root for the Cowboys as long as TO is there. This was a smart move by BB and shows there must have been more interest than just 1 or 2 teams for the Steelers to be willing to give up a pick in next years draft. I know there are some people bashing Cobbs now that he is leaving but remember he put his heart into making this team and yes he did fumble 2 times but seriously he's a rookie and still learning. He had better YPC than any of the other backs against the Giants 1st string that should say something for him.

Good luck this season and maybe he will see y'all in the playoffs. :D

Last edited:
meangreenfan said:
Well, I guess its adios to you guys. Unfortunately my boy Cobbs is now a Steeler (and that hurts for a lifetime 'boys fan). I would have much rather been rooting for you than the Steelers this season as I refuse to root for the Cowboys as long as TO is there. This was a smart move by BB and shows there must have been more interest than just 1 or 2 teams for the Steelers to be willing to give up a pick in next years draft. I know there are some people bashing Cobbs now that he is leaving but remember he put his heart into making this team and yes he did fumble 2 times but seriously he's a rookie and still learning. He had better YPC than any of the other backs against the Giants 1st string that should say something for him.

Good luck this season and maybe he will see y'all in the playoffs. :D

Thanks for your input, mgf. I don't see how any sane individual could root for the Steelers rather than the Patriots :D but there you are. I'll try to look out for NTU -- I hope that you guys have a great season.

ClosingTime said:
I haven't seen much of him, other than a fumble the other night. I know he's slow as molasses but does he at least run with some power? Is he prone to fumbling?
Don't know about fumble-itis, but I'm real sorry that Cobbs didn't make our 53. I suspect in two years when we are desperate to find a third down back to replace Faulk, we'll be watching Cobbs shine in Pittsburgh wishing we'd kept him.

Good luck on opening night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye