PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On Boston Bruins "passenger" problems and commitment...

Rhodey

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
When I heard Claude's summary after last night's SJS game, I was a bit shocked. Not because I haven't spotted the same (i.e. lack of commitment and not playing 60 minutes), but because it was finally voiced. After all, this went on all last year. And now, it's happening, again. Only this time, it's a new cast. Curiously, many of these guys are trying to break through; form an NHL career. One might guess that would be playing/practicing like Jamomir Jagr; skating with the weights on after the game.

It was Brad Marchand's quote that had me write this thread. When he mentioned that there are "too many passengers," I let the 2-6-1 home record really get to me. And it should. That's unsatisfactory and the fans don't deserve that! :mad:

Personally, I cannot get over the arrogance of some of these passengers...as though they are too good to exert effort that is called on them to give a few times a week for a full 60 minutes! Then why don't then do something else; find another job? Nutshell: hearing "internal problems" by the coach and "too many passengers" by a well-respected player is not a good sign. Nor is a miserable home record in front of some of the best fans in the league.

Typically, there is no room for up-n-coming players on the B's roster. Now, the opportunity is there and they're not taking advantage of it? Note to passengers: Once you get labelled one of these, good luck sticking around in the NHL! :rolleyes:

Lastly, the solution is not to simply have a great game; an all-out effort one time only. That just reminds everyone that there are "too many passengers" when they sit back. Perhaps, this is another reminder that character matters...something the Bruins front office was reminded of, again, when Douglass bolted? :confused:

I still don't know if the problem has less to do with too many passengers and more to do with too many players with not enough ability.

When you are dressing Zac Rinaldo, Joey Vatrano, Max Talbot, Kemppainen, Game-Killer Kevin Miller, tRotman & Seidenberg, you have a Talent problem, not an Effort problem.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back