Welcome to PatsFans.com

On a Rolle. We’re going to win this thing. I didn’t say that

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by seven, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seven

seven Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. Bravo777

Bravo777 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

We NEED to shut up the Giants. BB needs to use this for extra motivation
  3. Bostonian1962

Bostonian1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

He also said the Patriots passing game can't anything against the Giants DBs. Based on all I've heard, the Patriots might as well not even show up. This is getting a bit out of hand, but I like it.
  4. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Id rather they talk and boast all week, their over confidence is going to kill them in the end.
  5. Ron Sellers

Ron Sellers Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Rolle: 'We are going to win this thing'

Aside from being caught in a flip-flopping lie, he's a hypocrite even if he doesn't realize it. Referring to the week 16 game with the Jets Rolle said “there was a lot of trash talk throughout the week, and we just said, ‘We’ll let our play do the talking for us.’

What?

The Giants just let their play do the talking?

- We have Victor Cruz saying he's 'salivating when he sees the Patriots defensive backfield', and that 'when he looks at the video he can't help but get excited'.

- Tom Brady says 'hopefully we'll have a victory party' and the Giants and all the New York media is up at arms, but Cruz guarantees a win for the Giants and it only gets mentioned once, buried sixteen paragraphs deep in a fluff piece about Cruz and McCourty being high school rivals.

- On Friday Mario Manningham says he can't wait to expose Julian Edelman. Tuesday he follows that up by saying Edelman is not a real defensive back.

- Before their first round Justin Tuck called the Falcons a bunch of dirt bags.

Note to Rolle and the rest of the Giants: just accept it; you like to talk a lot before the game. If that's what you feel you need to do before a game for motivation, fine; whatever. But please spare me this complete and utter bull**** that you 'let your play do the talking for you'.
  6. patstd

patstd Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think the Giants have already jinx themselves when they dis their fans. SEE THIS PREDICTION

If the mathematics is true. The Giants are done for! :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  7. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

8. strngplyr

strngplyr Rookie

Ratings:
    +133 / 3 / -0

Just for the record, that isn't what Brady said, he said "We're going to give it our best and hopefully we have a lot more people at our party next weekend." which is quite a bit different than "hopefully we'll have a party next week."
  9. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +202 / 2 / -0

So he's about as useful as this:
    [​IMG]
  10. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

I don't read it as any different like you do.

The only way you could read it differently is if you believe he was implicitly critiquing the lack of fans showing up for the pep rally. Only then would he be hoping for more fans to show up at the party.

But since I think that context is absurd (the Giants had a couple dozen fans show up, not 25k) I think the quote almost certainly means that Brady hopes there will be a victory party next week. Doesn't make any sense at all to me otherwise. Why would he be hoping for more fans?
  11. randomk1

randomk1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

This is becoming completely ridiculous. By all the talk it would seem that we aren't the #1 seed with the best QB and coach.

With all this talk i'm honestly starting to feel more confident with each passing day.
  12. strngplyr

strngplyr Rookie

Ratings:
    +133 / 3 / -0

Right, what I believe he meant was "I hope we can have a party next week for more fans", but the words that came out of his mouth said nothing different than Rolle, really.
  13. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +928 / 24 / -44

No Jersey Selected

I'd say that's pretty much a flawless victory of a post. Congrats.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.