PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OMG The Prof Gets the Last Word at U Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Calling Thomas for piledriving was total crap just like Wilfork getting called for the Brady Rule. F*cking refs.

After class teaching at UB tonight, I walked down to the student union and caught the 4th quarter. The locals were out of their minds in ecstasy. I said hello to a couple of former students. I was just watching not drawing attention to my Patriots' fandom. The roughing call on Adalius Thomas let the cat out of the bag, "I THOUGHT THIS WAS FOOTBALL!" and when the crowd saw they had a Patriot fan prof in their midst, they let me have it. No mercy at 24-13. But after the McKelvin fumble, I gut punched them: "Pats had it in the bag all along. They were just playing with the Bills, and you guys fell for it." Anger.

Good man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(site is messed up and put my previous reply above this for some weird reason)

The call on Wilfork was crap, but knowing the NFL he'll get fined for it. When they threw the flag I seriously thought it was intentional grounding.

After class teaching at UB tonight, I walked down to the student union and caught the 4th quarter. The locals were out of their minds in ecstasy. I said hello to a couple of former students. I was just watching not drawing attention to my Patriots' fandom. The roughing call on Adalius Thomas let the cat out of the bag, "I THOUGHT THIS WAS FOOTBALL!" and when the crowd saw they had a Patriot fan prof in their midst, they let me have it. No mercy at 24-13. But after the McKelvin fumble, I gut punched them: "Pats had it in the bag all along. They were just playing with the Bills, and you guys fell for it." Anger.
Thats awesome dude, let them have it, I just graduated from UB in May nothing more satisfying than watching Bills fans suffer for their insolence haha.

Well, the call on Wilfork was horrible. The call on Thiomas was correct...the whistle was clearly blown and he kept driving and the tossed Edwards....that will get called every time.

Calling Thomas for piledriving was total crap just like Wilfork getting called for the Brady Rule. F*cking refs.

Well, the call on Wilfork was horrible. The call on Thiomas was correct...the whistle was clearly blown and he kept driving and the tossed Edwards....that will get called every time.

The whistle was blown as Thomas was picking Edwards up to throw him down.

The call on Wilfork was crap, but knowing the NFL he'll get fined for it. When they threw the flag I seriously thought it was intentional grounding.

that was my first reaction, i was thinking the pats might get a saftey on that play. i have been watching the nfl for 20 years and that is the worst call i have ever seen

Wilfork call was crap, The Thomas call was roughing the passer. textbook. Take off the rosey shades and look again.

Wilfork call was crap, The Thomas call was roughing the passer. textbook. Take off the rosey shades and look again.

Oh, now the play-by-play and color guys are Patriots fans? Because they said the exact same thing that I did.

Not on the replay, there was a quick trigger on that flag.

Oh, now the play-by-play and color guys are Patriots fans? Because they said the exact same thing that I did.

I think it was the little toss to the ground at the end of the spin. If Thomas had just let go after he was on the ground and Edwards was heading that way, they probably would have let it go.

For sure...... I was in the chat room and typed "grounding" cuz I was almost certain that was gonna be the call. When they called roughing I was besind myself. It took another 3 beers to settle myself down. :D ;)

It might be, but SHOULD it be. Most of the QBs these days are BIG dudes, 6'4, 230+ Its not easy to get them down. It's perhaps Rothlessburger's best quality. IF the whistle had blown PRIOR to Thomas getting a hold of him, then IT should have called, but I don't see what else Thomas could have done, if he had started his motion before it had blown....invite him to get down????????.

The Wilfolk call was a JOKE...the NFL should send him a letter of apology, not fine him. If he does, he should refuse to pay it until they show him how he offended. His helmet was in his STOMACH...and the rule clearly states that a player can attack the QB from above the knees to his shoulders.

You know officials MISS actual penalties all the time during the game. I understand it. However what I DON'T understand is why they feel they have to call penalties WHERE none exist. I saw it all this weekend.

It was the right call on a bad rule. The league is going overboard protecting the QB because of the rash of star QB's going down the last few years. I don't like it, but it is the way. Even my 11 year-old knew there was going to be a flag on Thomas before it was thrown.

don't know how your post got to the bottom of the thread, but i like your style. i live in midtown manhattan and enjoy walking on Second Avenue after the Pats beat the Jests while wearing my hoodie...of course i'm taking my life in my hands, but it's worth it.

disagree tho on the adalius hit: whatever he intended, his action resulted in slamming Edwards to the ground--that's a flag. the Wilfork call was bogus though, IMHO. he wasn't driving for his knees and started the tackle before he released the ball. maybe the officials had instructions from the league to send a signal on the first Monday night game when all players and coaches would be watching that they're going to call that tight this year.

The whistle was blown as Thomas was picking Edwards up to throw him down.

Sad thing was the replay showed he deliberately let him go before both hit the ground and he landed beside and not atop him. It's really getting hard for guys on defense to make a legit game changing play involving a QB. If the refs want to protect them, blow the whistle when they are in the grasp. How many time do guys loose a sack against a fiesty QB who wriggles out of that grasp or manages to get a sack saving throw that is nothing more than intentional grounding (or worse a wtf gamechanger) off. The Wilfork call was patent BS. And neither call had anything remotely to do with the valuable knees...

Tell you what else, I really didn't like the smarmy smirk on the face of that clown who called the penalty against Vince, and I'm usually as far from the conspiracy theory crowd as you can get...

The zebras started the season off on a sour note as far as I can see. The phantom call in the Denver game was just a precursor of another crappy season for the league's 12th man.

Prior to the Thomas call, there was an earlier play bwhere our defender had Edwards by the legs and was trying to pull him down and the refs let the play run. If they want to protect the QB, blow the play dead and don't let an injury happen because the QB is fighting to keep making a play. Given Edwards history of fighting to stay standing in prior sack attempts, the Thomas hit seems more reasonable, but had the look of a penalty.
The Vince call was pure PS p- it should have been a safety. Edwards dumped it in order to avoid the safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes