PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OMG. Steelers out. Saints out. Packers out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
I fear no team! The Patriots have the best coach, the best qb, and the best team left!!!

Out of all the teams left...Giants are the last team i want to play...man they are on a mission...

The Giants are terrifying. The Saints were scary too. The Steelers and Packers were not. Go Niners!

NO and GB are the teams I feared. They are both leaving us this weekend.

Any given Sunday. It could easily be SF and BAL in the SB... But "yes" I fear the remaining teams much less than the high powered NFC scoring machines.

Maybe defense DOES win... Glad we finally played some yesterday.

People are going to say the Pats didn't play any winning-record team in the regular season, didn't have to face the Steelers/Saints/Packers, on their way to an easy Superbowl... kind of like what people said about the Colts' 2006 Superbowl run.

A 49ers team with a shaky Alex Smith, or a hot Giants team that barely made the playoffs, are some of the softest match ups the Patriots could hope for given who else they could have faced.

NO and GB are the teams I feared. They are both leaving us this weekend.

Any given Sunday. It could easily be SF and BAL in the SB... But "yes" I fear the remaining teams much less than the high powered NFC scoring machines.

Maybe defense DOES win... Glad we finally played some yesterday.

The cards are falling for the Pats. They face Tebow, Flacco, then either Alex Smith or Eli Manning. The Pats are fortunate that they will not have to face Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, or Big Ben in the playoffs.

I know some will laugh...but if it's pats vs giants..i will be nervous as ****....especially with them beating us last time in the SB..can't take that again...

People are going to say the Pats didn't play any winning-record team in the regular season, didn't have to face the Steelers/Saints/Packers, on their way to an easy Superbowl... kind of like what people said about the Colts' 2006 Superbowl run.

A 49ers team with a shaky Alex Smith, or a hot Giants team that barely made the playoffs, are some of the softest match ups the Patriots could hope for given who else they could have faced.

Um, who cares whether the Giants "barely made the playoffs"? You could say the same thing about the 2010 packers or 2007 Giants. Fact is, they have a stable of receivers that we would be a hard pressed to cover, a mobile, accurate QB, and a DL that our OL can't block very well. Sounds like a terrible match up to me.

Score Board this weekend involving high octane offenses (Pats, NO, GB)
Defense 2-Offense 1

Order being restored in this pass happy league. Order will really be restored when the Flying Elvi host their trophy

The cards are falling for the Pats. They face Tebow, Flacco, then either Alex Smith or Eli Manning. The Pats are fortunate that they will not have to face Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, or Big Ben in the playoffs.

Let's pump the brakes...just beat flacco first

But it is nice not to have faced the steelers..and now no pack..no saints

Well, technically, Packers aren't done yet.

Giants are the Patriot's worst nightmare right now. Incredible pass rush and an offense that will spread out and brutalize their D.

Yes. But I also cheered when NYG beat GB four years ago...

Still, this IS an amazing scenario. And it should put to rest "do we want the #1 seed" talk. Yes. We do. Because being at home is fun and trying to predict the next opponent is futile.

I welcome the Giants. I think the Pats, after losing twice in a row to them, will be prepared for them this time. Revenge!

You should watch the NFL. Eli Manning is an elite QB.

Everything is happening as favorably as it could be for the Patriots right now. I hate injuries on anyone and I'd rather the Pats face the best teams and beat those teams at 100% health, but right now Ed Reed has a severely sprained ankle and Chris Canty just wreaked his knee and is probably done for the year.

The Pats will get the same criticism that we have said about the 2006 Colts. The Patriots will have faced no winning-record team in the regular season, played the 8-8 Broncos and Tim Tebow's 25% completion percentage, then a Shaky Joe Flacco and a hobbled Ed Reed, and then face either a Shaky Alex Smith or a Giants team missing Chris Canty.

I'm afraid of the Giants, dude. Like others, I want no part of a rematch. The hype alone will kill me.

I'm afraid of the Giants, dude. Like others, I want no part of a rematch. The hype alone will kill me.

same here...SF better win if the pats win....can't take that talk for 2 weeks...and couldn't take that loss..not again...i wanted GB to win today....d%#*!@t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back