PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OMG LMAO Colts Banners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie55 said:
Nobody has forgotten where the Pats came from, but even those teams, on the few occassions where they had good seasons (following the 85 and 96 seasons), they didn't raise any banners.

Actually, the Patriots raised an AFC Championship banner in 1986.

Super Bowl title banners and Conference Title banners are the only banners that any team should hang. Teams that hang "Wildcard" banners or "division" banners are just laughable. For the record, Indy also has "Wildcard" banners...

Yankees/Colts said:
Why would I care if they were in Baltimore or Indianapolis?

But, I knew that would be your response. That's why I said that if you are only going to count the Indianapolis era, as if they were an expansion team, then you have to compare the first 22 years in Indianapolis to the Patriots first 22 years.

You can't have it both ways.

Colts - 3 championships
Patriots - 3 championships

Dude what the hell are you talking about? The "INDY" Colts havent won squat and the old Baltimore Colts only won ONE Bowl which has nothing to do with Indy. The Baltimore Colts are 1-1 in Super Bowl appearences while the Patriots are 3-2 in Bowl appearences.
http://www.superbowl.com/history/standings

Last edited:
Yankees/Colts said:
The Colts have been in Indianapolis for 22 years.

The Colts won a Superbowl in Baltimore BTW. Considering you mentioned the AFL, I assume you don't know this... and I assume you don't know that the Colts weren't in the AFL.

In Superbowl 5 against the Cowboys, the BALTIMORE COLTS were the AFC champion. In Superbowl 3 against the Jets, the BALTIMORE COLTS were the NFC champion. When the two leagues merged, the BALTIMORE COLTS moved over to the American Conference, along with the Steelers and the Browns.

The original Colts franchise started in New York as the New York Yankees, went bankrupt, moved to Dallas as the Texans, went bankrupt again and then moved to Baltimore, where they had all of their glory as the BALTIMORE COLTS. They haven't celebrated any significant wins since they exited Baltimore on that snowy night in March..... Most telling statement was by Hall of Famer Johnny Unitas..."I never played a game in Indianapolis, that's not my team!!"

Yankees/Colts said:
The Colts have been in Indianapolis for 22 years. Let's compare that to the Patriots first 22 years.

Did the Patriots have any banners whatsoever in '82 or whatever?

Why don't you look it up? Some good years in the 60s, some AFC East championships in the late 70s. What's wrong with looking it up for yourself?

Yankees/Colts said:
The Colts have been in Indianapolis for 22 years. Let's compare that to the Patriots first 22 years.

The Colts won a Superbowl in Baltimore BTW. Considering you mentioned the AFL, I assume you don't know this... and I assume you don't know that the Colts weren't in the AFL.

You know what else was funny? When the Red Sox unfurled that humongous single banner, possibly in order to make it as big as the Yankees' 26 banners, that was funny.

No, no, NO! The Colts were a franchise LONG before moving to Indianapolis, they did not start there as a new/expansion team. The Colts banners are bush league. Hanging anything but a Super Bowl championship banner is for losers.

LOL AFC Finalist is a priceless banner.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys need to realize that some teams dont have anything to show for... I dont have a problem for them hanging divisional championships...

but, AFC Finalist??? that is a joke... It the same as putting a banner saying "We lost to the AFC Champion, but we're good too..." If I was a Dolt fan I would be really ashamed of it. But since the vast mayority of them dont have shame anyway well... ;)

NEM said:
Actually, before they were in New York, they were the BOSTON YANKS, then NY, then Dallas, then Baltimore.....

Yes if it wasn't for the tenacity and hard-headness and business stupidity of Billy Sullivan, and the business acumen and faithfulness of Robert Kraft, the Patriots would have joined the Redskins and Colts as an ex-Boston football franchise.

sullivan could have made a lot of money moving his franchise. And he never had two nickles to rub together compared to other owners. Kraft recognized that owning the Stadium was the key to owning the Team, provided he got an airtight lease, and he did. Kraft also passed up the free money in Hartford, too.

With three failures, there probably would never have been another attempt to put a pro football franchise into New England, They would just have confirmed the old conventional wisdom, that New England was a baseball (or rather a AL Red Sox) town, and a college football area at best.

Last edited:
Hey! Where are the "Super Bowl Papper Champions" banners? They have won the last four that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
maxhagen said:
You guys need to realize that some teams dont have anything to show for... I dont have a problem for them hanging divisional championships...

but, AFC Finalist??? that is a joke... It the same as putting a banner saying "We lost to the AFC Champion, but we're good too..." If I was a Dolt fan I would be really ashamed of it. But since the vast mayority of them dont have shame anyway well... ;)

I have to agree here. Not every city can be as fortunate to win a championship, let alone three. But a non-championship season does not mean the season wasn't a success. I'd like to be pretty proud of the Pats last year for the way they played given the injuries and loss of coaches, etc.

On that note, I don't think team should hang different banners for every little accomplishment. Here's my banner criteria.

1. ONE banner for ALL division championships/playoff appearances. This banner should be relatively small, but noticeable.

2. One banner for EACH conference championship. This banner should be signficantly larger than the Division championship banner and displayed in a prominent area, perhaps next to championship banners.

3. Obviously, one HUGE banner for EACH superbowl. The most visible banners, much like that Pats do.

4. I think teams should also hang banners for accomplishments over multiple years. Something like "Dynasty" or "Team of the decade banners" go to a team with the most superbowls and/or wins in a decade. There has to be some criteria to be able to hang one of these banners. Something like win x number of superbowls in y number of years.

5. I wouldn't mind seeing banners for other Team accomplishments, such as team records (consecutive wins,etc). These banners should be removed once the record is broken.

Championships aren't the only things to be proud of or celebrate. At the same time teams shouldn't be proud for every little accomplishment, like getting to a game in which they lose. So the colts "AFC Finalist banner" should be just another year on a single "Playoff Appearances" Banner.

FSUPatsFan said:
I have to agree here. Not every city can be as fortunate to win a championship, let alone three. But a non-championship season does not mean the season wasn't a success. I'd like to be pretty proud of the Pats last year for the way they played given the injuries and loss of coaches, etc.

On that note, I don't think team should hang different banners for every little accomplishment. Here's my banner criteria.

1. ONE banner for ALL division championships/playoff appearances. This banner should be relatively small, but noticeable.

2. One banner for EACH conference championship. This banner should be signficantly larger than the Division championship banner and displayed in a prominent area, perhaps next to championship banners.

3. Obviously, one HUGE banner for EACH superbowl. The most visible banners, much like that Pats do.

4. I think teams should also hang banners for accomplishments over multiple years. Something like "Dynasty" or "Team of the decade banners" go to a team with the most superbowls and/or wins in a decade. There has to be some criteria to be able to hang one of these banners. Something like win x number of superbowls in y number of years.

5. I wouldn't mind seeing banners for other Team accomplishments, such as team records (consecutive wins,etc). These banners should be removed once the record is broken.

Championships aren't the only things to be proud of or celebrate. At the same time teams shouldn't be proud for every little accomplishment, like getting to a game in which they lose. So the colts "AFC Finalist banner" should be just another year on a single "Playoff Appearances" Banner.

I completelly agree with you on those. There should be a criteria for the banners to... that way we dont have to see ridiculous banners like the Dolts have hanged in the whatever name dome's roof.

Dolts... have a little self-respect... request the organization to remove those shameful reminders of how pathetic loosers you are...

How about their 4 "Media Darling" banners for the years 2002, 2003,2004, and 2005. Are they up there?

It's shaping up that they will win it for the 2006 season also.

FSUPatsFan said:
I think they should have one for that 1-15 season that says "Hey at least we tried"

They could also have one that says "1998 First Overall Draft Pick"

This one made me literally laugh out loud.

Yankees/Colts said:

You know what else was funny? When the Red Sox unfurled that humongous single banner, possibly in order to make it as big as the Yankees' 26 banners, that was funny.

It all depends on what kind of banners you're talking about. If your talking about those BS banners you put up for AFC finalist (HAHAH), the Pats had one of those in 85, another in 96. They have also won division titles in the 70's 80's 90's

I'm not a huge Red Sox fan, but they have 6 world championships (I think that's the 5th best in all of baseball...all time). Indy doesn't even have a baseball team??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Back