PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OMG LMAO Colts Banners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would I care if they were in Baltimore or Indianapolis?

But, I knew that would be your response. That's why I said that if you are only going to count the Indianapolis era, as if they were an expansion team, then you have to compare the first 22 years in Indianapolis to the Patriots first 22 years.

You can't have it both ways.

Colts - 3 championships
Patriots - 3 championships

Yankees/Colts said:

But, I knew that would be your response. That's why I said that if you are only going to count the Indianapolis era, as if they were an expansion team, then you have to compare the first 22 years in Indianapolis to the Patriots first 22 years.

Colts - 3 championships

Colts- 1 Super Bowls
Patriots- 3 Super Bowls

Yankees/Colts said:

Colts - 3 championships

You can count anything you wish.

The thing is the discussion was about how silly it was to put up banners that celebrate mediocrity.

By those banners, it seems in recent history the they've been pretty mediocre.

The most important part is that over the past 4 years, the Colts are virtual shoe-ins as Champions.

That just hasn't happened.

So would you say that the Ravens have more than one championship, since they started in Cleveland, because before the Browns merged to the AFL they won a total of 7 championships....so does that mean the Ravens have 8 championships in franchise history....

And granted, Cleveland did get to keep the name...but disregard that for just this once...

As far as discussing what a choker Babe Parilli was in comparison to Unitis, lay it on me.

I won't disagree.

Although my frame of reference on that era is poor.

Last edited:
It is kind of funny how they do put up banners for that...It would be like the Cardinals, putting up banners for losing every single year!

You'd be surprised, a lot of teams do things like this, especially in college sports. A team makes a bowl and puts up a banner for it, whether they win or not. Teams put up banners just for making the NCAA tournament or even the NIT. Though they lost to UConn in the NCAA championship game, Duke's men's basketball team finished the regular season ranked #1 in 1999 and has a banner commerating that "achievement".

IMO, a single banner for division championships listing the years and one for conference championships listing the years (like the Bruins now do) would suffice if you want to commerate championships other than league/national/world championships.

Yankees/Colts said:
The Colts have 3 championships.
By somewhat similar reasoning, the Decatur Staley's have won a superbowl also.

The AFC Finalist one is awesome.

sarge said:
I guess they could have been creative like the Colts and made something like 1982 NFL participant or something!

I think they should have one for that 1-15 season that says "Hey at least we tried"

They could also have one that says "1998 First Overall Draft Pick"

Romine 16 said:
So would you say that the Ravens have more than one championship, since they started in Cleveland, because before the Browns merged to the AFL they won a total of 7 championships....so does that mean the Ravens have 8 championships in franchise history....

And granted, Cleveland did get to keep the name...but disregard that for just this once...

Or would they have 2 championship banners...one for 2000 and one for the baltimore colts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny Mac said:
The AFC Finalist one is awesome.

I like that one too. Hopefully Colts fans find that one awesome too because now they have two of them :D

If the Pats were going to hang every banner for every accomplishment that they have made, like the Colts "Also Ran" banners, there would be zero visability at the Razor:

courtesy of sportsline.com
League
Championships 3 - 2001 (Super Bowl), 2003 (Super Bowl), 2004 (Super Bowl)

Conference
Championships 5 - 1985 (AFC), 1996 (AFC), 2001 (AFC), 2003 (AFC), 2004

(AFC)
Division
Championships 8 - 1963 (AFL East), 1978 (AFC East), 1986 (AFC East), 1996 (AFC East), 1997 (AFC East), 2001 (AFC East), 2003 (AFC East), 2004 (AFC East)

Playoff
Appearances 13 - 1963, 1976, 1978, 1982, 1985, 1986, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005

Last edited:
Murphys95 said:
No offense guys - but have you forgotten where you came from?

I'm proud of the many Patriots teams of old, not just those which brought home a championship. No need to knock the Colts and their fans.

Nobody has forgotten where the Pats came from, but even those teams, on the few occassions where they had good seasons (following the 85 and 96 seasons), they didn't raise any banners.

Yankees/Colts said:
The Colts have 3 championships.

Sure if you want to count back to when they were wearing leather helmets.

Manning is puzzled by those banners as well. " Colts? . . . they should say Peyton Manning's team just like my TV commercial."

IndyPatriotsfan said:
(AFC)
Division
Championships 8 - 1963 (AFL East), 1978 (AFC East), 1986 (AFC East), 1996 (AFC East), 1997 (AFC East), 2001 (AFC East), 2003 (AFC East), 2004 (AFC East)

You forgot 2005 AFCE title. (May as well put 2006 up as well.) :)

Yankees/Colts said:
Yeah, if you want to count back when they were playing with 5 outfielders and no gloves.

May as well take away the Yankees titles from the 20's then, too...

Yankees/Colts said:
Yeah, if you want to count back when they were playing with 5 outfielders and no gloves.
In that case the championships that Babe Ruth won don't mean a thing either. Right?
A since we are comparing modern day championships to Old time one. I guess the Baltimore Colts championships don't really count since they were most of them won back when players wore leather helmets and throwing the ball was actually a revolutionary concept.

Yankees/Colts said:
The Colts have been in Indianapolis for 22 years. Let's compare that to the Patriots first 22 years.

Did the Patriots have any banners whatsoever in '82 or whatever?

The Colts won a Superbowl in Baltimore BTW. Considering you mentioned the AFL, I assume you don't know this... and I assume you don't know that the Colts weren't in the AFL.

You know what else was funny? When the Red Sox unfurled that humongous single banner, possibly in order to make it as big as the Yankees' 26 banners, that was funny.

We don't give a crap about the Red Sox or the friggin Yankees. Post that on the Red Sox forum and you may find someone who cares.

As for the Colts Championship (1), that belongs to the dead Baltimore franchise. So, it's a dead Championship with no one to claim it. Indy had nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back