PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OMG LMAO Colts Banners

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I'm watching the game, and I see all these banners hanging from the rafters of the stadium. There were like 6.

Patriots only have three banners.

I'm thinking to myself, maybe they had won a bunch of Championships in the AFL or something.

Nope. Banners read something like division champion, afc finalist and something else as totally meaningless.

How freaking emabarrassing is that! Pathetic!

Last edited:
If you got it, flaunt it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Adam said, a tradition of winning.

Last year, didn't the Colts organization try to promote a motto for the 2005 season? Wasn't it "make it personal" or something? I remember reading a press release saying that 2005 would be different and instructing all Colts fans to "make it personal" by not driving to work with the Titans fan next door etc.

That's the kind of town Indianapolis is. I guess a team in a market like this (or Buffalo, Arizona, Jacksonville etc) has to do all it can to sell season tickets and merchandise or risk losing their valuable NFL franchise to Los Angeles.

The Bruins used to do those stupid banners too, but at least their excuse was they were trying to match the Celtic championship banners.

The Colts have been in Indianapolis for 22 years. Let's compare that to the Patriots first 22 years.

Did the Patriots have any banners whatsoever in '82 or whatever?

maybe they had won a bunch of Championships in the AFL or something.

The Colts won a Superbowl in Baltimore BTW. Considering you mentioned the AFL, I assume you don't know this... and I assume you don't know that the Colts weren't in the AFL.

You know what else was funny? When the Red Sox unfurled that humongous single banner, possibly in order to make it as big as the Yankees' 26 banners, that was funny.

No offense guys - but have you forgotten where you came from?

I'm proud of the many Patriots teams of old, not just those which brought home a championship. No need to knock the Colts and their fans.

Murphys95 said:

I'm proud of the many Patriots teams of old, not just those which brought home a championship. No need to knock the Colts and their fans.

No offense murph but I'm on a Pats board.

I'm not trolling on a colts board with stuff like this. I'm not throwing this in Colts fans faces or cutting them down on their board.

I remember our history very well and took tons of abuse because of it.

....I don't feel like being the better person.

Yankees/Colts said:
The Colts have been in Indianapolis for 22 years. Let's compare that to the Patriots first 22 years.

The Colts won a Superbowl in Baltimore BTW. Considering you mentioned the AFL, I assume you don't know this... and I assume you don't know that the Colts weren't in the AFL.

You know what else was funny? When the Red Sox unfurled that humongous single banner, possibly in order to make it as big as the Yankees' 26 banners, that was funny.

Why can't we compare the last 22 years? They just seem so much more relevent.

The Red Sox have 6 championships, not 1. The comparison you make seems more in line with the Knicks 2 titles to the Celtics 16.

Yankees/Colts said:

I guess they could have been creative like the Colts and made something like 1982 NFL participant or something!

Murphys95 said:

As Slagothor said, this is a Pats board!

I am laughing about it with Pats fans.

Sure Colts fans may stop by, but go pick a random Colt board and I'm sure you will find them cutting on the Pats.

I'm not going over to Colts boards posting this. If Colts fans don't like it, stay on the Colts boards.

I too have been a Pats fan for a lot of years (since the late 70's). The only reason I wasn't earlier is because I'm just not that old!

In fact, last month I recently converted an old VHS copy of the Pats beat down of the Dolphins in the 85 AFC Championship to DVD. Great memories! Though I do try to forget the game that followed that one!

Yankees/Colts said:

What do the yankees have to do with football?

I think it's hilarious the colts have all those banners.

what a bunch of losers.

do they have banners for Peyton's mvps too?

Slagathor said:
What do the yankees have to do with football?

Was wondering the same thing myself!

Guess he couldn't come up with a good defense of the lemonade stand banners the colts got flying from the rafters!

Last edited:
Yankees/Colts said:
The Colts have 3 championships.

....and I'm sure all those Baltimore Chamionship teams are held very near and dear to you.

Yankees/Colts said:
The Colts won a Superbowl in Baltimore BTW.

Hmmm I guess the key word is "a," meaning one single, not plural superbowl!!! and in Baltimore for that matter, not in Nap town. So what Im trying to say is that it must suck not to have a superbowl victory in recent history

3 Championships....when the NFL wasnt even in existance....they have only been to 2 Super Bowls....Lost the first to the Jets...16-7 and won the 2nd against Dallas 16-13

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back