Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Mogamedogz, Sep 10, 2010.
Can't we just merge them all here. They clog up the whole damn board. Seriously.
Great idea! Maybe we should just add "<insert name> is a d!ck anyway" to the thread title. That's the first thing that comes up anyway.
Bucky gets "it".
It's the end of the preseason. There's little else to discuss until we see a real game. Besides, in most of these threads that I've noticed, the OP is linking the article with very few comments. They're presenting information during a slow time, I don't have a problem with it.
So many names so little time. Besides my fingers would cramp up.
This might fly in May. But there is plenty of football to discuss right now.
The "this one said THIS! or "that one said THAT!" stuff is just tired.
Listen...Iâ€™m as guilty as anyone of reposting stuff that may hit a nerve. But after a while it's just so pointless and repetitive that it brings down the quality of the forum (IMO).
OMG!!!! Mogamedogz said the Pats suck/have issues/or are bad in anyway
I had to laugh when I read comments on another site, where somebody commented in response to Tedy Bruschi's preview of the Pats heading into the 2010 season. The commenter was of the opinion that Bruschi was a terrible NFL analyst, apparently because his preview of the pats was not all cheery and rosy. It's funny because I could have sworn a year ago any and all reviews of Bruschi's performance as an NFL analyst was glowing by fans of the team when he was positive and supportive of the Pats.
By the way, I was just looking at threads and decided to start two new mega-threads just as you posted this. There's one for any media predictions of Sunday's game, another for any media predictions for the Pats' 2010 season. Hopefully that will help a little bit.
Would you rather the board get clogged with "Oh no we stink at *insert position*" threads instead? Or how about "Oh no! *insert player of the week* is injured!" threads? Or how about "We need to cut *insert current whipping boy* or else the team will stink" threads?
At least they give some common ground to get the homers and chicken littles together. The contrarians will keep their attitudes regardless but at least the other two extremes can agree on something for once.
You my friend...are a god among men. :youtheman:
Nope. Nope. And Nope.
But at least those threads are made from the heart (ridiculous or not). When we repost venom from the windbags and talking heads, all we are doing is giving weight to their opinions...Opinions that are often drawn up with the sole intent of getting a rouse out of the fan base. reacting to every little thing they say, makes us come off as a bunch of whiney little *****es.
I wouldn't say they are from the heart...more like the knee
I may have a few posts, I just changed my name from BionicPatriot and I have seen far too often those kinds of threads. I agree, mods should sticky this thread.
THats about what 80% of this board is. The other 20% is Harry Boy being a wingnut. Well, hes way past wingnut.
Either way man... fans are like that. This is a Fan Forum and spending so much time picking apart what the media is saying about the team just gets old.
"Pats suck!" --BOO!
"Pats are awesome." --Yey!!
The way this board reacts to EVERY single little comment written/spoken/tweeted/facebooked/carrier pigeoned in about the team, just REEKS of insecurity IMO. Maybe that comes from years of sucking a heavy one... I dunno. Maybe it comes from fear of the best franchise years being behind us... I dunno. But I can't find another fanbase more sensitive to what the media says and does. They must eat it up.
Mogamedogz is a d!!k anyway
NOTE: I am joking
Your simple solution to that is this- don't read the threads.
Ignore them. Don't read them. Don't click on them. Move on to the next thread that seems remotely interesting to you.
I don't click them.
My concern lies more with the fact that as a Patriot fan, I hate knowing our own fans help to keep building this stereo type of us being a bunch of thin-skinned, insecure, cry babies.
It started with... "We get no respect..."
Then once Spygate hit... it was like the freaking Armageddon hit. We turned into a bunch of rabid wolves trying to protect our young.
It would just be nice to collectively put that stuff behind us, and not care so much about what those blowhards say, write, or think.
LOL. This is exactly what I was talking about!
You are probably both right on the money with that.
Separate names with a comma.