PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OMG how is enberg still employed?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always liked Enberg. Like Summerall, he's just getting old.

Bob G

Patriotic said:
On the other hand, Engerg did mention my entry to yesterday's Herald about "Gillette's Twin Blades". Randy Cross said he liked that nickname best for our two RBs. Praise from Randy Cross, however, may not be a good sign.

That was your suggestion?! It's pretty good, though I have to admit I kinda liked the 2 If By Land one.

I'll take Enberg over the smarmy Al Michaels, even Cross doesn't irritate me as much as Madden does now. Besides, the goof ups force you to stop and figure out what he was just doing, you get more into the game that way.

OntarioPatsFan said:
Agreed. How about 'Ben Graham', the outstanding New England TE.

Randy Cross was brutal too.

Cross said the same thing in one of the preseason games...you would think he would learn from his mistakes...

Chris said:
this guy flat out sux.. he has had about 30 name mess ups.. "a final watson kneel will end it"???? wtf this guy needs to retire..

I find this occurs too much with many announcers. My suspicion is these guys are often busy reading teleprompters, to blurt out some meaningless stat or family factoid in between plays, instead of keeping their attention largely on the damn game. Example:
"Did you know that <fill in player's name> grew up near a Dunkin Donuts and.... wow, what a pass from Jim Brady to Bob Watson.... But how about them donuts"

As bad as enberg was he is still better than that fat gas bag chris berman .i cant listen to him do anything and im just thankfull he doesnt do nfl games .

Chris said:
this guy flat out sux.. he has had about 30 name mess ups.. "a final watson kneel will end it"???? wtf this guy needs to retire..

I usually like Enberg, but he was bad yesterday.

Also, memo to Randy Cross: the guy you circled on your telestrator was Jarvis Green. And no, he never plays LB.

Enberg, like Summerall, is amongst the end of an era. I'm surprised people are so harsh with him. I freely admit he mangled the names and it was funny, but his voice is an institution. His demise will proliferate the like of Stuart Scott, who are so aggregiously repulsive that I've slowly stopped becoming interested in sports. Harkening the spirit of Harry Carey, where is the fan's appreciation for the men who helped form the sport we love? Sh!t, I'm still a kid and so the only thing I know is Enberg and his bretheren. I also know that when people of this ilk are replaced with more technically sound replacements that the overall effect is reduced. To me, it is similar to the effect of: Every generation is freely given all of the lessens of the previous one, yet they scoff it as outdated. Yet, when they wizen, they realize the same truths. For each step forward, a step is taken backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back