PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OMG how is enberg still employed?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
this guy flat out sux.. he has had about 30 name mess ups.. "a final watson kneel will end it"???? wtf this guy needs to retire..

Agreed. How about 'Ben Graham', the outstanding New England TE.

Randy Cross was brutal too.

And Dante Scarnechia is the Jets offensive line coach.....

You guys are missing the best Senile Enberg quote of the day:

"Rodney Harrison anchors the Patriots Stationary."

Or the introducing the of NE defense while the Jets defense was on the field.

fnordcircle said:

For a while they were looking a little too stationary.

Cut him a little bit of slack ..... he used to be the best in the business. Like Summerall, the years are taking their toll

fnordcircle said:

I heard that, even through 18 beers, and had to laugh (too loudly for the neighbors, no doubt).

Cut this guy some slack; yes he was terrible but he will get better. I heard him do a pre-season game that was just aweful to listen to--today wasn't nearly that bad. Hopefully he keeps getting better ---although the stationary quote was great:D

mtbykr said:
Cut this guy some slack; yes he was terrible but he will get better. I heard him do a pre-season game that was just aweful to listen to--today wasn't nearly that bad. Hopefully he keeps getting better ---although the stationary quote was great:D

They weren't as brutal as preseason, but Criqui isn't likely to get better.

Father time is just running out the clock. He should retire,

Enberg once said one of my all time favorite things during a Patriots broadcast -- he called Adam, "Bill Billatiari." That, along with the Joe Namath interview are two of my all-time broadcasting favorite moments.

Last edited:
yeah, senility has set on enberg-- but like summerall, he was one of the best in the business in his prime (and that wasn't too long ago). he is/was also one of the most versatile, calling college hoops & tennis, along with football.

he may mess up more than his share these days, but enberg's voice still enhances the drama of an exciting game... like last year's colts-steelers playoff game, or the arizona-illinois ncaa hoops regional final a couple of years back.

OntarioPatsFan said:
Agreed. How about 'Ben Graham', the outstanding New England TE.

Randy Cross was brutal too.

I think he referred to him as Benjamin Graham.

I bet he was impressed with Corey Maroney's performance today!

Enberg has never been good with names. How he has lasted through the years in the broadcast business is beyond me. They must like his voice.

On the other hand, Engerg did mention my entry to yesterday's Herald about "Gillette's Twin Blades". Randy Cross said he liked that nickname best for our two RBs. Praise from Randy Cross, however, may not be a good sign.

Last edited:
Patriotic said:
On the other hand, Engerg did mention my entry to yesterday's Herald about "Gillette's Twin Blades" . Randy Cross said he liked that nickname best for our two RBs. Praise from Randy Cross, however, may not be a good sign.

We're doomed!

**** Enberg couldn't get over the "Clock Killin Corey Dillon" thing for atleast 10 minutes. Than he officially killed it when he said "Time Killin" It just sounded ******ed.

For the record, I never thought Enberg was the best at anything.

Just another guy with a good voice IMO.

He does have a good football announcing voice. Id still take him over everyone on FOX.

I hate FOX telecasts.

He was a great announcer, who's time has passed. His "Oh My" used to be one of the coolest things in sports announcing, but time has caught up with him. Listening to Summerall was even worse the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes