Welcome to PatsFans.com

Omar Kelly on possible Vjax to Pats

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by R_T26, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's a dolphins beat writer and is hearing on the street if SD doesn't lock him down he's headed to NE.

Just passing along
  2. scott99

scott99 Rookie

Ratings:
    +139 / 69 / -58

#87 Jersey

Gimme VJaxx and Mario Willams, and then I don't give a crap who Belichick drafts lol.
  3. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 0 / -1

Wonder if it's legit or if it's somebody (his agent, a certain team) sending out mis-information to create a smokescreen.

Maybe the Pats sign him on the condition he installs one of those breathalyzer units attached to the ignition. :rolleyes:

Twitter/Omar Kelly

I don't mean to scare Dolphins, Jets and Bills fans, but the word on the street is that if San Diego doesn't get WR Vincent Jackson locked up he's likely headed to a certain New England team. That's right....nail biting time.​

Hypothetical: if the Pats do acquire Jackson, does that have any affect on negotiations with Welker? If the Pats sign both Jackson and Welker, what affect does it have on signing players to upgrade the defense? The big name, big money guys sound great, but at some point that means there is that much less cap space available for all the other positions.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  4. LloydBraun

LloydBraun Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For 2-3 years, maybe.

Free agency is gonna be wild in NE.
  5. Gronkandez

Gronkandez Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 2 / -6

I remember a dude on this board last year, claiming to have inside contacts in Foxboro,who said Vjax is the Pats #1 rated WR or something like that. At least it's something interesting to think about.
  6. Sciz

Sciz PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +245 / 1 / -0

It's pushing it, but as long as the Pats restructure a bunch of guys and don't sign any other big names (most notably Welker), I'm pretty sure it is possible for the Pats to fit Brandon Lloyd, Mario Williams, and Vincent Jackson all under the cap. Just saying... ;)
  7. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0

i would not mind if the pats signed him but i would be even more happy if they use the money to re-sign Welker Branch Carter and Anderson sign a vet Safety and use the two #1's on WR and DT
  8. Seels

Seels Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Vjax is pretty damn good. Fast, tall, good hands.

Only problem I see is Vjax is going to likely demand 10m plus per year, and while he is good, he's not 10m good. There are a lot of good WR in free agency this year, while I would like the Pats to get one it seems silly to be the team that spends for it when not everyone is going to be inking massive contracts.
  9. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 20 / -14

If that were to happen, the Patriots would take a sizable step backward.
  10. Warren94

Warren94 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Isn't Vjax one strike away from being suspended for the entire year. I just don't think BB takes that type of risk.
  11. Marqui

Marqui Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 6 / -1

After Ocho/Price I hope they've completely revamped their WR rating system by now.

For some reason I'm finding it difficult to get excited about giving a huge contract to a receiver that hasn't proven they can learn this offense yet. Plus I'd rather spend more money on defense.
  12. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +750 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

I have trouble believing or trusting anybody who doesn't know the difference between "affect" and "effect."
  13. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +564 / 20 / -14

Pretty harsh slam on a quality poster. I didn't expect that from you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2012
  14. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

FYI: Ever since I started using Safari it quite often changes words completely and erroneously on me. So much for Apple AI. The worst is that since I don't see error indicators I don't notice the error until it's posted. Bad news on sites that don't let you post edit.
  15. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +370 / 0 / -1

Of coarse, why wouldn't anyone do the same.

No worries. I'll assume it's a joke, especially after witnessing the spelling and grammar of many others here at this site. I'm not going to let it effect me ... err, affect me ... ummm, get to me.

I'm actually using Safari, so thanks for informing me of my new built-in excuse.
  16. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +564 / 20 / -14

For all intensive purposes, it a whole nother matter, and they're are many things their that there mispelling too.
  17. BigMike

BigMike PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Even though Pats were intersted in VJax a few years back this whole thing sounds dubious....the free agent rumor season is underway!
  18. BaltimorePatsFan

BaltimorePatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

19. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +838 / 5 / -3

FWIW, that supposed Patriots insider who posted occasionally on the ESPN message board a few years back did say that Belichick loved Vincent Jackson and he would have made a play for him two years ago if he was available (the Chargers were able to give Jackson the highest RFA tag because he became a RFA because of the uncapped year rules).

I know the guy was probably bogus, but we may find out in a few weeks that he wasn't or at least he was ultimately a lucky guesser.
  20. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +838 / 5 / -3

That was a guy on the ESPN board that was reposted here. I think he was bogus, but if he gets this one right, he may not have been. Probably not really as much of an insider as he claims, but a guy with some info. There are plenty of posters on this board and other boards who have peripheral contacts with the Pats and get the occasional pieces of info.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.