PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Olin Lloyd's Funeral - Any Patriot Representive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they should be there.

This should be a family and friends event -- a chance for them to mourn and pay their respects.

A Patriots representative is not a family/friend and really don't serve much use. I think it would be more appropriate for them to get in touch afterwards and express their dismay that it was one of theirs that did the crime.

I'm happy there's a Mass Police (or DA) rep there -- they also aren't family or friend, but their presence brings re-assurance to the family that that the state is taking the case seriously and doing everything they can to piece together the truth.

i'm not in the media, so I don't know their temperament with BB. do you think some in the media is so sick of his smugness and distain for the media?

we are talking murders here, not football plays, calls, players, etc. We are talking about people losing their lives because of this.

IMO, BB needs to answer the tough questions and not blow people off as he normally does... in this instance he need to step up and show his leadership and not hide behind his "no comment" attitude.

we shall see...

Um, little education here.

The media was sick of him in 2000. Bill just does not care.
They can't hurt him. He knows that if they all hate him and demand his firing - not unusual if you read Borges... but i digress- it does not mean anything. Only Bob Kraft's opinion counts.

No, he does not NEED to answer tough questions and not blow people off.

This whole BB smugness things is also a little tiring. Sure he isn't Mr congeniality up there but most of the problems are that he is asked either stupid questions that are rhetorical, or questions that give away info to another team or a particular strategy.

If a reporter asks a legit question about the history of the game or about a player or about important general football issues he will wax poetic and enjoy answering.

I think the way he handles most of the questions is exactly how you should. Keep your cards as close to the vest. That what winners do.

just to flip the coin around...

how do you know if the family thought it was improper and insulting that the patiots didn't have a representative present?

I don't know... that is why i'm asking the question..

Just looking for some insight and perspective. thanks

You do not know either, but many of us who have lost close relatives or experienced a few funerals, are able to tell what is appropriate and what is not... the last thing anyone wants is a sideshow.

This was about burying Odin Lloyd and allowing his family to grieve, it was not a stage for any Patriot representative to enter.. they had no place there.

The Patriots had no relationship to Lloyd...

I don't think they should be there.

This should be a family and friends event -- a chance for them to mourn and pay their respects.

A Patriots representative is not a family/friend and really don't serve much use. I think it would be more appropriate for them to get in touch afterwards and express their dismay that it was one of theirs that did the crime.

I'm happy there's a Mass Police (or DA) rep there -- they also aren't family or friend, but their presence brings re-assurance to the family that that the state is taking the case seriously and doing everything they can to piece together the truth.

Hernandez was solely an employee whose alledged killing of Lloyd was done on his own time away from the work site.

Why would the Pats attend?

Did OJ's TV network attend Goldman's funeral? Were they expected to?

If the motive for Lloyd's death was that he was an accomplice in a double murder and then was killed because he was considered untrustworthy by the killer then the DA or MSP shouldn't be there either.

This whole BB smugness things is also a little tiring.
It isn't smugness, it's the fact that he views the media as an enemy that can do nothing but hurt his football team - and he's absolutely right.

I believe he would wear a top hat and cane and tap dance on stage in front of the media if it helped win football games. But since the best thing for the team is not to make stupid statements, he goes in there well guarded.

It isn't smugness, it's the fact that he views the media as an enemy that can do nothing but hurt his football team - and he's absolutely right.

I believe he would wear a top hat and cane and tap dance on stage in front of the media if it helped win football games. But since the best thing for the team is not to make stupid statements, he goes in there well guarded.

Exactly. Its not that he hates the media, the media hates him because he wont answer the questions of he thinks it might give another team an advantage. He just dosent need the media.

The patriots have no business with it. For all we know Lloyd himself could be involved in other badness.
Exactly, the deceased had a shady background as well. He got in the car with what he should know were some bad dudes. So bad he texted his sister to let her know just in case something happened to him. Me personally, I don't go no where if I don't feel right about my surroundings. That's just me, but I'm not a gang banger or dealer.:confused2:

Hypothetically - Lloyd must have known that AH knew that he knew about AH potentially killing those guys last July.

I wonder if true that Lloyd might have told AH the "I promise not to tell anyone" thing. Also as mentioned, even if there was the slightest possibility of this why get in the car? With someone who you know may have killed people?

Mind boggling.

This whole BB smugness things is also a little tiring. Sure he isn't Mr congeniality up there but most of the problems are that he is asked either stupid questions that are rhetorical, or questions that give away info to another team or a particular strategy.

If a reporter asks a legit question about the history of the game or about a player or about important general football issues he will wax poetic and enjoy answering.

I think the way he handles most of the questions is exactly how you should. Keep your cards as close to the vest. That what winners do.
You're absolutely correct. Well-thought out and reasoned football questions are always answered interestingly and in detail. Rhetorical questions and those designed in a "gotcha" fashion are appropriately dismissed as insulting.

Suppose you are a member of an opponents board? suppose, that from the advent of the Wrecks era in Jersey, YOU along with a slew of your buddies from J.I., decide to make logins here with obviously references to each other at J.I., so your fellow rat undercover trolls will know it's you...is that too much of a supposition for the real Pats fan members here?...really?

Now in the past, I have cross referenced posts made by JI trolls and proved that so-called "Patriot" posters here were, in fact, Jet fans playing their little rat games. Here we have what practically screams "troll thread" and what is the name of the poster? JustWinBrady?...need a little push to see the obvious???

Jetswin
Board Moderator
Jets Insider VIP
JetsInsider.com Legend
Charter JI Member

there is an account named JustWinBrady at J.I. established when THIS one was 4 years ago...it has ZERO posts associated with it. A mod obviously created it and stashed it away.
All the near braindead trogs like Hitman and SJUMETSJETS and SlikMoMoron just look for the JW and know it's their mod setting up a troll thread for THEM to urinate in also.

If you've bothered to read JetsInside-the-cesspooler, you can easily see the frenzy of raging Patrio-hatred going on in multiple threads. THIS thread is just more of the same. It should be locked and sent to the practice squad.

Did the patriots know about AH shooting someone eye in florida in 2/13?
Did the patriots know about the gun incident at a RI nightclub earlier in 2103?

In my opinion, The Patriots did not due their due diligence.

The POLICE in the town where Hernandez lived and the POLICE in the towns where those shootings took place didn't know that Hernandez did them.

How in the world do you think the Patriots would?

Seriously, have you even thought it out?

Yes, I do understand that the contract happened in aug 2012, one month after the jul 2012 double murder in boston after AH was in the same night club as the victims.

If the patriots have done their due diligence like epstien did with crawford, could any of this been avoided?

The freaking Police investigating those crimes had no idea who the perp was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the Patriots should be 1.5 years ahead of the Police Department in terms of knowledge about crimes in the Police Department's jurisdiction.

You are one funny guy.

Are you giggling uncontrollably while you write this stuff?

You diddnt know that the Patriots have an investigation unit which should know what the local law enforcement agencies dont? Kraft has several ex CIA guys on the payroll. In fact, I think the Government is consulting with the Pats about some anti terrorism strategies. In fact I think the Patriots have the technology that was in the Minority Report movie.

This has become a troll job.

yes, i think they would have appreciated that.

do you have anything to add to the discussion instead of making fun of the OP?

There has been some healthy discussion going here, do you have anything of substance to add without getting personal?

The post had substance and relevance. The OP is about representatives, do you not represent Patriot nation?

You diddnt know that the Patriots have an investigation unit which should know what the local law enforcement agencies dont? Kraft has several ex CIA guys on the payroll.
I hear he also has connections at the top levels in the Russian government....

Suppose you are a member of an opponents board? suppose, that from the advent of the Wrecks era in Jersey, YOU along with a slew of your buddies from J.I., decide to make logins here with obviously references to each other at J.I., so your fellow rat undercover trolls will know it's you...is that too much of a supposition for the real Pats fan members here?...really?

Now in the past, I have cross referenced posts made by JI trolls and proved that so-called "Patriot" posters here were, in fact, Jet fans playing their little rat games. Here we have what practically screams "troll thread" and what is the name of the poster? JustWinBrady?...need a little push to see the obvious???

Jetswin
Board Moderator
Jets Insider VIP
JetsInsider.com Legend
Charter JI Member

there is an account named JustWinBrady at J.I. established when THIS one was 4 years ago...it has ZERO posts associated with it. A mod obviously created it and stashed it away.
All the near braindead trogs like Hitman and SJUMETSJETS and SlikMoMoron just look for the JW and know it's their mod setting up a troll thread for THEM to urinate in also.

If you've bothered to read JetsInside-the-cesspooler, you can easily see the frenzy of raging Patrio-hatred going on in multiple threads. THIS thread is just more of the same. It should be locked and sent to the practice squad.

I do believe your right. We should stop responding to this "Poster". I like to read some of the threads that are created by the three or four adolescent JI children, at their site. Just for the comedy factor. But to entertain it here is kinda lame.

Jetswin
Board Moderator
Jets Insider VIP
JetsInsider.com Legend
Charter JI Member

Speaking about braindead posters on JI. I just went over there for the first time in ages and their resident shut-in conspiracy theorist, , jetssjumets, is thinking their will be Congressional hearings for the Pats' involvement in the murder(s) by Hernandez:

The Ashole speaks and once again illustrates that he is a dumbass. By no means is a DOJ/congressional investigation out of the question. We are in the early stages of the AH investigations. Let any fact(s) come out that draws the curiosity of the U.S. Attorney in the respective jurisdictions of AH's alleged crimes in Mass, RI, FL, etc., and any Member of Congress on the Judiciary or Oversight Committees [Oversight is the Committee that investigated MLB and revealed the PED scandal] and the inquiry or inquiries will begin.

But we know you are too stupid to understand the process. Afterall, you were the very same dope telling us 2 weeks ago that we were jumping to conclusions in regards to Mr. AH.

Jets Insider.com Forums - View Single Post - Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

You NE trolls are really stupid. You have your heads so far up your ahole it is not funny.

This reply is in response to the above posts.

Congress (i.e., the government) has broad powers. I explained this to that ignorant , hate mongering dooshbag, ahole Vinny/Guido/Gronk (now Bob)previously. He's just a dumbass troll and cannot comprehend.

The NFL enjoys "antitrust immunity" as well as "tax exempt status" granted to the League by Congress. Therefore, Congress or any Federal agency can investigate the NFL or any other entity that falls into those special categories. I hope you know that only a few entities enjoy "antitrust immunity." Last time I checked, the NE Pats are a Member of the NFL.

Putting that aside, if any of these investigations provide evidence that AH was involved in gun running, drugs, murders in different states (serial killer), gang activity, etc., it is an open invitation for a Federal investigation.

Now, for those who are dumb enough to claim it is a waste of resources, just go ask Bonds, Clemens, etc. Those alleged crimes are not even in the ballpark of AH's alleged crimes.

Scotty, where did I say the Pats owe Llyod anything? What if an investigation reveals that AH stored weapons at the Pats facility? Or that the Pats knew of AH's illegal activities and ignored it? In other words, many more facts are coming to the public's attention than in the first few days of this story.

Each team has security. There is no way AH was conducting illegal activity as being described by law enforcement sources and the Pats had no idea. Depending on the facts as this case develops, if for one moment you think the Pats have zero liability here, you are in fact the moron I believe you to be.

Jets Insider.com Forums - View Single Post - Patriots* Aaron Hernandez questioned then charged with murder. MERGED

Quite few Jets fans think the Pats knew about the murders last year and just looked the other way. They actually think there is some Patriots cover up in these murders.

If the Pats did know Hernandez killed someone or some people and they covered it up, why would they fight to get back Hernandez's bonus money where a lot of this could come out in investigations?

Sorry to take over the thread with this crap, but not only are some Jets fans stupid they are insane.

pretty obvious troll thread. All should be ashamed.

As to anyone from the Patriots attending Lloyd's funeral, I don't think it is appropriate. No one there knew him.

Sending condolences is appropriate. Showing up would only take away from people's grieving of their loss and could upset people considering the only connection to Lloyd and the Patriots is the person who apparently killed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back