PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Older Might Be Better"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's very obvious that Brady is totally committed to the principles that he is practicing. Obsessively committed. To reduce the article to "a plug for his business" does Tom Brady a disservice.

This business doesn't exist because Brady is looking for money, for popularity or for success. (He already has all those.) The business exists because Brady is totally sold on the truth of these principles and wants others to know about them and implement them in their own lives.

I don't disagree that there is a plug for his business - but I don't think it's because it's his business. It's because he wants to educate others and his business is a major way of doing that. It's great when your passion can also make you money.
I agree, Truth. In the past, TB has stated with any business/product he is a part of he needs to believe in the product (Ugg, SmartWater, etc).

There was no doubt in my mind that this article was a plug for his business.

I also believe that TB intends on playing at a high level beyond his current deal with the Pats and is 100% committed in doing so.

With that said I truly believe that TB believes in his regimen as it helps him be a better, healthier pro athlete.

I have to agree. Some of these athletes have already made their millions and don't need the money, but Brady was a /6th rounder and an extra hundred thousand. or so is a big deal to him.

There's no question that his preparation, diet, recovery, preventative work, and mental sharpening are all elite. Incredibly elite. Combine that work ethic with his now virtually bottomless capital and he'll obviously have a remarkable program.

I also think that a lot of this is attributed to how far sports medicine has advanced. What we know now compared to when he won his last Super Bowl is a completely different era. Plus, he also has access to treatments that are almost science fiction like regenokine. I'd also completely expect him to be receiving TRT treatment which is really the big one. Diet, prep, rehab and prehab are all great but when the endocrine system goes so does everything else, especially recovery.

you believe that Brady is taking exogenous testosterone?......i don't necessarily disagree......but i bet he would deny it

a doctors prescription?.....waiver from the league?.....does he have hypogonadism and/or a pituitary tumor?

"Brady underwent a battery of tests and a neuroscan a few years back, then had a program created to work out his brain the way he worked out his body. The various exercises help Brady to more quickly process information between plays, read defenses and make adjustments. They assist with his memory. They increase his peripheral vision and how far he can see downfield."

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/12/10/to...atriots-age-fitness?page=4&devicetype=default

the brady PR team is out in full force to lobby the Krafts and the public, regarding his contract and his final years as a patriot

Last edited:
you believe that Brady is taking exogenous testosterone?......i don't necessarily disagree......but i bet he would deny it

a doctors prescription?.....waiver from the league?.....does he have hypogonadism and/or a pituitary tumor?

"Brady underwent a battery of tests and a neuroscan a few years back, then had a program created to work out his brain the way he worked out his body. The various exercises help Brady to more quickly process information between plays, read defenses and make adjustments. They assist with his memory. They increase his peripheral vision and how far he can see downfield."

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/12/10/to...atriots-age-fitness?page=4&devicetype=default

the brady PR team is out in full force to lobby the Krafts and the public, regarding his contract and his final years as a patriot

Yep, no ŵay they would want to 're-sign him with the way he has been playing so he had to crank up the PR machine, pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Yep, no ŵay they would want to 're-sign him with the way he has been playing so he had to crank up the PR machine, pretty pathetic if you ask me.
he has been playing well since the KC game......but i think it would be foolish to look too far ahead and project 4 years down the road

its just my opinion......but that did read like a PR job to me......he knows how ruthless BB is.......he is reaching out to the fans and the krafts

and im not talking about next year.......im talking about 39, 40, 41, regarding his status on the team

but i bet he does want more money, starting next year......only natural

time will tell......and it should be interesting

TFB knows that BB will cut him loose when the time inevitably comes.

However he will use his life to compete and delay that day as long as possible I would put it past him to play another 6 years after this year. BB loves the desire and how important football is to TFB. He will apply the pressure and Brady will respond.

he has been playing well since the KC game......but i think it would be foolish to look too far ahead and project 4 years down the road

its just my opinion......but that did read like a PR job to me......he knows how ruthless BB is.......he is reaching out to the fans and the krafts

He's been playing great for his entire career, not just since the KC game. I will wait until I see real evidence that he is on the decline before I start writing him off. If he continues to play the way he has been, and there is no reason to believe he won't then there is no reason for the Patriots to not extend his deal. Imo Brady is right, he is going to continue to play at a high level into his forties.

If he continues to play the way he has been, and there is no reason to believe he won't then there is no reason for the Patriots to not extend his deal. Imo Brady is right, he is going to continue to play at a high level into his forties.

maybe youre right....and he plays well into his forties.......but there is no reason to extend him now, or even in a year or so........he is under contract for 3 years after this one......let him play great at 38 and 39 before you commit money to him operating under the assumption that he will be great at 41 and 42

maybe youre right....and he plays well into his forties.......but there is no reason to extend him now, or even in a year or so........he is under contract for 3 years after this one......let him play great at 38 and 39 before you commit money to him operating under the assumption that he will be great at 41 and 42

Who said anything about extending him now? You were the one saying it's a PR move now when the deal isn't due for a few years.

Who said anything about extending him now? You were the one saying it's a PR move now when the deal isn't due for a few years.
fair enough........i would also take a wait and see approach

TFB knows that BB will cut him loose when the time inevitably comes.

However he will use his life to compete and delay that day as long as possible I would put it past him to play another 6 years after this year. BB loves the desire and how important football is to TFB. He will apply the pressure and Brady will respond.

Yep. BB is cold and calculating. It's what makes him a good coach but, sometimes, a pariah. However, Brady and BB have some serious history. Any break up between the two of them (I suspect) would resemble a serious heart to heart. Where it gets seriously complicated is if in 2016 JAG is outplaying Brady in camp. A very tough choice presents itself IF that was to happen.

I would hate to see Brady hang on when his skill has diminished so much that his veteran savvy can't come close to counter balancing it. I read a story about Bruschi recently. It was, basically, during training camp he wasn't getting it done and BB said to him, basically, it's time to hang it up. It would be great to see Brady's retirement be this logical. It will suck to see Brady retire but the guy has certainly MORE than earned the right to walk away at any time to spend more time with his family. Hopefully it is no sooner than after the two SB victories in '14 and '15.

WHEN BB sees the decline on tape you can be sure that TFB will see it also. Brady is probably his own worst critic. The Brady team will be measuring the physical decline also.

Because TFB is building his life around family and slowing any physical decline as long as possible we come to the mental aspect always Brady's strongest characteristic, here ages makes his understanding even deeper. IOW he may decline much more slowly than others as a result of his program/business.

IMO BB recognizes he is coaching the GOAT QB and will not cut him loose until he and Brady know it's time.

N Ryan is a good example he was throwing no hitters into his mid 40's why not Brady?

WHEN BB sees the decline on tape you can be sure that TFB will see it also. Brady is probably his own worst critic. The Brady team will be measuring the physical decline also.

Because TFB is building his life around family and slowing any physical decline as long as possible we come to the mental aspect always Brady's strongest characteristic, here ages makes his understanding even deeper. IOW he may decline much more slowly than others as a result of his program/business.

IMO BB recognizes he is coaching the GOAT QB and will not cut him loose until he and Brady know it's time.

N Ryan is a good example he was throwing no hitters into his mid 40's why not Brady?

I pretty much agree with this. Brady is a harsh critic of his own game and He will see the decline when it comes and much like a Bruschi will take the walk down the hall and let Belichick know h e is done. Now that its dependent upon Belichicki still being there, because he May be gone by 2025, we'll see?

If Brady is not in decline, that would definitely fall under the category of "high-class problems."

Funny and true.
Obviously it's a total 'what if'. What if Brady is clearly starting to slip? What if JAG is looking like Brady in 2001 training camp (or better)? I think the choice is still Brady but it get's less obvious/less easy for BB and staff to choose Brady.

As mentioned before I hope not to see that. The perfect world: Brady wins a couple more SBs then opts to go spend his days with his family/on something else he likes to do. I'd rather see that then see Brady playing a season in a way that is obvious he no longer has a level of effectiveness needed for a SB run.

Funny and true.
Obviously it's a total 'what if'. What if Brady is clearly starting to slip? What if JAG is looking like Brady in 2001 training camp (or better)? I think the choice is still Brady but it get's less obvious/less easy for BB and staff to choose Brady.

As mentioned before I hope not to see that. The perfect world: Brady wins a couple more SBs then opts to go spend his days with his family/on something else he likes to do. I'd rather see that then see Brady playing a season in a way that is obvious he no longer has a level of effectiveness needed for a SB run.

In a way—at least as far as this argument is concerned—it'd be nice if the issue were that simple.

The problem is that in this article, Brady suggests not that he still has two or three good years left in him, but the possibility that he might legitimately have another decade or more left in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes