PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Old Testament reasons for Jews to believe in Jesus

The Benny Hill parody? Hasn't that guy been off the air like 30 years?

You don't mean the Monty Python parody "Life of Brian" do you?

3 to be 4 said:
theres that word "offensive" again. Have I made you do anything?

were you offended by the Benny Hill parody? Forget the matter of his divinity. Was anyone offended by the hilarity over a human being getting crucified?

the silence was deafening. But in a society where its open season on Jesus im not surprised.

But whats most important, it doesnt change the fact that ************ forgives and loves us more than we can ever imagine.

It's actually a lot harder to be an atheist than it is a Christian in a Christian country in a world where Christians have dominated for centuries, slaughtering millions in the name of Jesus. That said, I'm glad that your particular version of Jesus is loving. In the unlikely event I'm wrong, I'm hoping you're right, rather than someone like Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell.

3 to be 4 said:
think about what you are saying. Are you hoping for nothing? Just to be right? that would be a truly sad way to live.

I'm living as good a life as I can. What happens beyond that is out of my control. If its an eternal dirt nap, so be it. I'll be unconscious anyways so it wont matter.

If I'm in hell then that means I'll probably be surrounded by a bunch of people just like myself (save for the 2% that comprise of the Hitlers, Pol Pots, Dahmer's of the world) I'll be partying nonstop baby!

Patters said:
It's actually a lot harder to be an atheist than it is a Christian in a Christian country in a world where Christians have dominated for centuries, slaughtering millions in the name of Jesus. That said, I'm glad that your particular version of Jesus is loving. In the unlikely event I'm wrong, I'm hoping you're right, rather than someone like Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell.

Whens the last time Christians in this country slaughtered in the NAME of Jesus?

PatsFanInVa said:
The Benny Hill parody? Hasn't that guy been off the air like 30 years?

You don't mean the Monty Python parody "Life of Brian" do you?

its in the other thread, PFIV. but its not worth taking any more time on it.

3 to be 4 said:
theres that word "offensive" again. Have I made you do anything?

were you offended by the Benny Hill parody? Forget the matter of his divinity. Was anyone offended by the hilarity over a human being getting crucified?

the silence was deafening. But in a society where its open season on Jesus im not surprised.

But whats most important, it doesnt change the fact that ************ forgives and loves us more than we can ever imagine.

I agree with patters, by the way, regarding the thread and its intent to be offensive. I've given numerous reasons numerous times.

Now, this here has nothing to do with Patters:

Nothing in this thread changes the fact that Jesus has been dead for about 1970-odd years, and neither forgives nor loves anybody, due to his decedent state.

Why don't you believe this too? How can you miss the obvious? How could you hope for this long-decayed corpse to forgive your sins? Why would your life be so empty that you want to be judged by the dead?

The above is meant to be an equivalent of this type of thread's content. I've tried over and over to illustrate how your proselytizing looks and feels to non-Christians, so I doubt this will be the one by which you actually "see the light."

I doubt that the above does not tick you off, if you're honest with yourself and with us. If not, fine; but I have noticed you've been ticked off by much less. Perhaps you can realize others' reactions to your proselytizing, by considering those feelings in yourself.

PFnV

Turd Furguson said:
I'm living as good a life as I can. What happens beyond that is out of my control. If its an eternal dirt nap, so be it. I'll be unconscious anyways so it wont matter.

If I'm in hell then that means I'll probably be surrounded by a bunch of people just like myself (save for the 2% that comprise of the Hitlers, Pol Pots, Dahmer's of the world) I'll be partying nonstop baby!

well, im not one to dwell on taking too much about this topic, suffice to say, if you are LUCKY, you would be unconscious.

im sure you are doing as well as you can. We all do. And i agree that so much is out of our control. It would just be a sad thing to hope that there is nothing so that you could be right, instead of knowing with all your heart that this life is just a blink of an eye, and that there an eternity to be lived with joy and peace.

3 to be 4 said:
its in the other thread, PFIV. but its not worth taking any more time on it.

Okay, just saw that... despite being all revved up to get a chuckle, it actually turned my stomach a wee bit just based on the humanity of it.

PFnV

PatsFanInVa said:
I agree with patters, by the way, regarding the thread and its intent to be offensive. I've given numerous reasons numerous times.

Now, this here has nothing to do with Patters:

Nothing in this thread changes the fact that Jesus has been dead for about 1970-odd years, and neither forgives nor loves anybody, due to his decedent state.

Why don't you believe this too? How can you miss the obvious? How could you hope for this long-decayed corpse to forgive your sins? Why would your life be so empty that you want to be judged by the dead?

The above is meant to be an equivalent of this type of thread's content. I've tried over and over to illustrate how your proselytizing looks and feels to non-Christians, so I doubt this will be the one by which you actually "see the light."

I doubt that the above does not tick you off, if you're honest with yourself and with us. If not, fine; but I have noticed you've been ticked off by much less. Perhaps you can realize others' reactions to your proselytizing, by considering those feelings in yourself.

PFnV

PFNV, now be honest. go through this thread. Who has been angry?
I understand others reactions because I had them for years. But thank the Lord people kept talking until I heard the love. Im not forcing anything on anyone. People keep reading.
Jesus isnt dead. He raised. And He lives. And He loves you.

3 to be 4 said:
Jesus isnt dead. He raised.

Well, I've got to see the turn and river card so I guess I'll call.

Turd Furguson said:
Well, I've got to see the turn and river card so I guess I'll call.

If He can do what He did with the loaves and fish, I for one, would not get into a poker game with Him :)

Turd Furguson said:
Whens the last time Christians in this country slaughtered in the NAME of Jesus?

The American Indians were in many cases slaughtered by Puritans. I remember reading one case where the Puritans surrounded an Indian village and set it on fire. When they Indians came running out, the Puritans shot them. Also, though not slaughter, slavery was certainly justified on religious grounds, with religious fanatics citing specific passages in the Bible.

Turd Furguson said:

Eric Rudolph, Paul Hill, Jim Jones, James Kopp, Michael Griffin, Rachelle Shannon, ...........

Last edited:
Okay so we have one response of HUNDREDS of years ago and another of 6 individuals.

Not exactly damning.

Turd Furguson said:
Okay so we have one response of HUNDREDS of years ago and another of 6 individuals.

Not exactly damning.

I would just refer to the first part of the link that began this thread. Awful things have indeed been done in the name of Christianity, as well as every other religion.

That is not the teaching of ************, and those were not the actions of people correctly practicing their faith. They hardly had the Holy Spirit working in their lives thats for sure.

forget Christianity. forget the false Christians. keep the focus on ************.
Read the Book of Matthew. Get to know Jesus, not the "Christians" you have known all your life.

3 to be 4 said:
I would just refer to the first part of the link that began this thread. Awful things have indeed been done in the name of Christianity, as well as every other religion.

That is not the teaching of ************, and those were not the actions of people correctly practicing their faith. They hardly had the Holy Spirit working in their lives thats for sure.

Although I'm atheist, I believe religion can be a good when that it practices compassion, charity, tolerance, and other liberal tenets. Unfortunately, there have always been and always will be religious people who see Christ as a warrior and faith in Him as a requirement (punishable by damnation). You have your interpretation of the Bible, and others have a very different one. The same phenomenon is true in every religion that I know of. Of course, it's no better among atheists, who can also be violent or peaceful. Religion, then, is really no better than no religion, except for those who need it to make sense of this world or be comforted in troubled times. The one question I do have, Would people like Fred Phelps, Osama bin Laden, Jerry Falwell, and others be even worse if they didn't have God reigning them in?

Patters said:
Although I'm atheist, I believe religion can be a good when that it practices compassion, charity, tolerance, and other liberal tenets. Unfortunately, there have always been and always will be religious people who see Christ as a warrior and faith in Him as a requirement (punishable by damnation). You have your interpretation of the Bible, and others have a very different one. The same phenomenon is true in every religion that I know of. Of course, it's no better among atheists, who can also be violent or peaceful. Religion, then, is really no better than no religion, except for those who need it to make sense of this world or be comforted in troubled times. The one question I do have, Would people like Fred Phelps, Osama bin Laden, Jerry Falwell, and others be even worse if they didn't have God reigning them in?

That is an extremely good question.

I agree with a lot of what you said in the first part. Every "religion" has its problem children. Thus the problem with religion itself. My view is that my focus needs to be on ************, not on man made religion. From what I have read in Scripture and from what the Holy Spirit has put on my heart, none of the actions "in the name of God" that have been discussed have anything to do with scriptural teachings. But I choose not to ignore God because of the sins of man. If I base my faith on what other humans do, am I not making them into God?

"Would people like Fred Phelps, Osama bin Laden, Jerry Falwell, and others be even worse if they didn't have God reigning them in"?

as far as that awesome question, my first impulsive reply is to say, i doubt very much Osama Bin Laden has the spirit of God working in him. Maybe A God, but not the one I follow. Now, i would hardly put the other 2 in OBL's category, but for sure I think Fred is what the Bible refers to as a "false prophet". And Jerry's form of "Religion" isnt my cup of tea either. I cant say what is truly in another persons heart. They may claim to know Jesus.
But only the Lord and that person knows for sure.

The comfort found in Christ isnt a temporary comfort that helps when someone dies or a job is lost. His comfort lasts eternally. His loyalty is never wavering. He could have saved himself but He understood what his mission was. To fulfill prophesy, and to pave a way for our Salvation by taking the punishment and paying the price for our sin. Thats how much He loved us.

As he was being tortured to death he yelled out "Forgive them for they know not what they do!" Certainly I wouldnt be capable of that.

Never confuse Religion with God himself.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back