PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OLD SI article about 15 years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OLD SSI article about 15 years ago..

Thanks, McSully. I'd forgotten how McBad we were.

Tommy Hodson McStunk.

Re: OLD SSI article about 15 years ago..

Thanks, McSully. I'd forgotten how McBad we were.

Tommy Hodson McStunk.

It was a good read.. Plus its amazing how BB, Crennel and Mangini come from the same school and still use Parcells methods.. Players weight and size is important.. ANd how the coaches constantly mentally drill the players..

Great article. It's amazing how the same approach can work through different coaches and different teams. Get the right players in place, get the most out of your players. MUCH easier said than done.

The craziest thing about this article is : he signed a five-year, $6 million contract

Man, if that doesn't prove times have changed, nothing does.

The craziest thing about this article is : he signed a five-year, $6 million contract

Man, if that doesn't prove times have changed, nothing does.

I caught that too. I was wondering is that was real big money for coaches then. I assume it was.

I remember reading this article in the actual magazine.

Is there any organization with a more uncertain future, with caretaker owner James Orthwein suggesting that he might move the team to St. Louis or sell it to someone who would move it to Hartford , even as various proposals are made to build a multipurpose dome in Boston ? This is the challenge of NFL challenges.

Multipurpose dome. YUCK.

Man, did we hit the jackpot.

6yr 14 mill for bledsoe??? Wow did not realize that was cheap in the nfl fantasy world :D

It would have been nice if the b@stard had coached to win the SB instead of letting his ego get in the way. I appreciate what he did for the club, but the way he went out was unforgivable.

The best football coach I have ever seen.

Years ago during my 3 days of torture in the Colts TC, my room mate was a former Giant and he literally worshipped the ground that Parcells walked on.

What operation in all of professional sports has more troubles than the Patriots ? He is inheriting an outfit that finished 2-14 last season, next to last in the NFL in total offense, 19th in defense, 27th in that important category of takeaway-giveaway, dead last in yards penalized. He has left the pleasant confines of NBC to deal with this multihorned monster. Is there any team that has had a more convoluted recent history than the Pats, ranging from total ineptitude on the field to near bankruptcy off it? Is there any organization with a more uncertain future, with caretaker owner James Orthwein suggesting that he might move the team to St. Louis or sell it to someone who would move it to Hartford , even as various proposals are made to build a multipurpose dome in Boston ? This is the challenge of NFL challenges.

That tells the story right there.

I changed the paragraph to reflect the times.

new version of that old thing quoted above said:
What operation in all of professional sports has more success than the Patriots ? We have an outfit that finished 18-1 last season, first in the NFL in total offense, 4th in total defense, +20 in the important category of takeaway-giveaway, first in yards penalized. Is there any team that has had a more storied recent history than the Pats, ranging from total dominance on the field to model franchise off it. Is there any organization with a more certain future, with great owner Bob Kraft adding onto the state of the art open air stadium. This is the franchise of all NFL franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back