Welcome to PatsFans.com

Old Pats games on VHS

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by RDS11, Aug 29, 2009.

1. RDS11

RDS11 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Was wondering if I was the only one who records all Pats games ? I started back in 1993 when Bledsoe was drafted, and kept most games since then.
    Anyways, I am looking from a fellow collector who might have the few games I'm missing (mostly from 1993, the last year some games were blacked out)....any help would be welcomed.

2. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

To answer your question, I don't. But, VHS tapes from 1993 must be deteriorating. Do you plan on converting them to DVD or some digital format?

3. RDS11

RDS11 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I started a few years ago. I bought a standalone DVD recorder in 2003 and recorded the last few games of the 2003 season on DVD and started to convert the VHS tapes at that time.

Most tapes have held pretty good over the years. I think the quality of the tapes and VCR were better in the 80's and early 90's than it was at the end (Last decade). Tapes from the mid 90's and earlier are playing great, all of them. Later on, there is a few tapes that have some dropouts (even if I was recording at SP speed, 2 hours per tape) and some minor tracking problem, even though I bought a few semi-professional VCRs (thanks to Ebay, those are now affordable) to get the most of those tapes for conversion to DVD.

Well, if anybody has recorded games on DVD before the end of 2003 I would be interested in those games as well...