Welcome to PatsFans.com

Old friend Jim Miller talks Patriots

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by pats1, Jul 5, 2006.

1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Remember that '2003 Pats playbook' from DaBearz.com? Go check out the 'personnel combinations' section. 'Detroit' is the second one there.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  2. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

thanks

Good read, thanks!
  3. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Not to change the subject but does anyone know where/how that site got their hands on all those playbooks?
  4. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

No idea. The handwritten notes are all in the protection schemes though, so it could have originated from a 2003 offensive lineman.

Here's some more from Miller:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  5. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Wow great reads. Thanks a ton.
  6. ilduce06410

ilduce06410 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

floating playbooks

as i understand it, playbooks are not all that hard to come by in the universe that revolves around the nfl.
    coaches change teams. players change teams in midseason. GMs change teams. teams change systems. some fringe players, who might be on the rosters of 3 teams in a year, have 3 different playbooks at home. teams vary in their emphasis on collecting playbooks when a player is released. teams change nomenclature, signals, and plays themselves during the course of a season.
    this came up some years back when a patriots player (brian holloway) was cut, signed with oakland, and then made a big deal of taking the patriots playbook with him.
    couple of globe writers noted that virtually every patriot assistant coach, including OC and DC, had several hard copy playbooks from other teams on their bookcase. all the playbooks were from previous years. it's the same as in other industries.
  7. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

This just makes me really wish I had Sirius.

Sports radio in NE is just a cesspool 95% of the time. Yesterday when I desperately clicked off WEEI the alternative was Felger in full giggle mode about to do his now apparently weekly police blotter - which was going to revolve around some teams mascot being arrested.

Thank god in three weeks we'll have Mrs. B on the Pat's beat.
  8. Hoodie

Hoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is an interesting insight from Miller. I think Reiss deserves our props. He ALWAYS comes up with interesting tidbits and updates. Tomase's "blog" hasn't been updated in years. But even in the slow times Reiss comes up with something of interest for Pats fans.

I've seen him criticized for being pro-Patriot but I don't find him to be that way. He's just not overally negative as so many of them are.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  9. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

Strongly agree. There was a very stupid thread in which some recently arrived member of the board (mercifully, I've forgotten who) was denying that MR was a particularly good Pats reporter. All I can say is: who else has stories like these in the dog days of summer?
  10. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I guess you haven't noticed Tomase is doing double duty lately, so called Pats beat reporter and fill in any time I get a chance to sox guy - even traveling with the team in Florida this week which probably explains why they are 2-4 thus far on the trip. :rolleyes: