PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Olbermann names Jet fans "WORST PERSONS IN THE NFL..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellers,

For the life of me, can't anyone else see the incredible irony of Olbermann referring to someone else as the "worst person in the world"?

Seriously. Watch his show sometime on MSNBC. The man becomes a raving lunatic regarding anything outside his little sphere of personal beliefs. He is so full of personal hatred for so many others that I'm truly surprised he hasn't has a coronary on camera.

Respects,

This was bad, but not the first time this had happened. Remember in 2001 the Falcons fans cheering Chris Chandler injury during the Patriots game that year, Chandler only got the Falcons to their only Super Bowl appearance. They got payed back with Michael Vick.

As I posted on the original thread - I was at the stadium, and I think the Jets forums have it right. I have been to the last 6 Pats - Jets games in the Meadowlands, and in general can't stand Jets fans. But even I think this has been largely a bad rap.

When Chad started limping and then went down - there was a shocked silence - no one was cheering - at all. Around me, all i heard was "oh no" or maybe "not again". People were in shock. I heard absolutely no one cheered. No one.

It was difficult to see what was happening because of all the players and staff on the field as Chad went to the sideline. The cluster moved to the sideline and Pennington went to the bench. Suddenly, Clemens burst out from the sideline and ran up to the huddle. That's when you heard some cheering. I just brought it up on Tivo, and the timing is what I recollect from the game (Chad sits, several seconds go by, and then Clemons runs out).

I don't think that most fans were cheering Pennington getting hurt. I think they were just spontaneously cheering for their team to get up off the canvas and continue the drive. I'm not even sure some of the people realized that it wasn't Pennington that was racing back to the huddle, as it appeared (to me) a QB just popped out of the swarm of people around the sidelines. Certainly some of the Jets fans around me were asking each other if it was Clemons.

Believe me, I'm the last one to defend jets fans. I think that Sims was wrong to say what he said in the telecast - I think that this controversy is largely manufactured.

R

It seems like a lot of NFL news has been manufactured lately! I know we have been a little rough on Chad here over the years, but no one wants to see anyone get hurt. When you win, you want it to be against the other team's best players. I think the Jets fans are still pissed they didn't draft Matt Leinert when he was available...

WHO CARES!?!?!?!?! It doesn't concern the team that we support, or the fans that support them.

olbermann is a douche, who cares what he says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back