PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Olbermann names Jet fans "WORST PERSONS IN THE NFL..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
For Week One of the regular season - cheering the injury to Chad. Ha ha. P.S. 38-14.

I felt bad for Penney. Gets injured, tries to crawl off the field and his fans don't support his gutsy performance.

Over on JetsInsider the 'spin' is that the fans were cheering for the backup, not for Chad's injury. Riiiiight!

I just saw that too.
Funny

Penny was trying to get off the field on his own so the jets wouldn't have to burn a time-out. Cheering that injury, no matter how much you prefer the back-up (who proceeded to play WORSE than Pennington) is totally unacceptable.

Today has been a rough day as a Jet fan...this whole fiasco earlier with Chad getting hurt and the cheering, whatever has been tough to watch.

I said it in another thread, I like Chad and his heart and leadership he brings. Eventually I think Kellen Clemens will take over but I don't want to see that happen as a result of Chad being injured.

Today has been a rough day as a Jet fan...this whole fiasco earlier with Chad getting hurt and the cheering, whatever has been tough to watch.

I said it in another thread, I like Chad and his heart and leadership he brings. Eventually I think Kellen Clemens will take over but I don't want to see that happen as a result of Chad being injured.

jetheelz continues to be a fine addition to our site. Don't be a stranger. There'll be better days. (Unfortunately, it's not likely to be next week against the Ravens.)

Last edited:
jetheelz continues to be a fine addition to our site. Don't be a stranger. There'll be better days. (Unfortunately, it's not likely to be next week against the Ravens.)

Thanks, I think I am going to stick around here.

You are right about next week, the Jets are in for another tough game. An 0-2 record is something I am preparing myself for.

The day the Jets dump Pennington, I'd love to have him backing up Brady. He's the smart gutsy QB that won't make mistakes and could take a good team a long way into the playoffs.

The day the Jets dump Pennington, I'd love to have him backing up Brady. He's the smart gutsy QB that won't make mistakes and could take a good team a long way into the playoffs.

Mangina is too smart to dump Pennington. Unfortunately, Jets fans are morons.

OMFG, For once I agree with Olby :eek:

That was a low moment for the Jets. Pennington actually played with some soul today. He was gritty, smart and tough (and I'm not a fan of his). But at the same time, he was Pennington too. Hard to expect much more from him.

If I were a JETS fans, it's not him I'd be disappointed in.What it comes down too, is that you guys were totally overmatched and had no answer to our offensive scheming and execution.

I don't think you'll be alone in that this year. Baltimore will be a tough test, but not nearly as tough a test as this was. I can see you guys beating them.

Last edited:
Berman scolded them as well on his show.

Jets fans acted like morons today.

Penny was trying to get off the field on his own so the jets wouldn't have to burn a time-out. Cheering that injury, no matter how much you prefer the back-up (who proceeded to play WORSE than Pennington) is totally unacceptable.

As I posted on the original thread - I was at the stadium, and I think the Jets forums have it right. I have been to the last 6 Pats - Jets games in the Meadowlands, and in general can't stand Jets fans. But even I think this has been largely a bad rap.

When Chad started limping and then went down - there was a shocked silence - no one was cheering - at all. Around me, all i heard was "oh no" or maybe "not again". People were in shock. I heard absolutely no one cheered. No one.

It was difficult to see what was happening because of all the players and staff on the field as Chad went to the sideline. The cluster moved to the sideline and Pennington went to the bench. Suddenly, Clemens burst out from the sideline and ran up to the huddle. That's when you heard some cheering. I just brought it up on Tivo, and the timing is what I recollect from the game (Chad sits, several seconds go by, and then Clemons runs out).

I don't think that most fans were cheering Pennington getting hurt. I think they were just spontaneously cheering for their team to get up off the canvas and continue the drive. I'm not even sure some of the people realized that it wasn't Pennington that was racing back to the huddle, as it appeared (to me) a QB just popped out of the swarm of people around the sidelines. Certainly some of the Jets fans around me were asking each other if it was Clemons.

Believe me, I'm the last one to defend jets fans. I think that Sims was wrong to say what he said in the telecast - I think that this controversy is largely manufactured.

R

As I posted on the original thread - I was at the stadium, and I think the Jets forums have it right. I have been to the last 6 Pats - Jets games in the Meadowlands, and in general can't stand Jets fans. But even I think this has been largely a bad rap.

When Chad started limping and then went down - there was a shocked silence - no one was cheering - at all. Around me, all i heard was "oh no" or maybe "not again". People were in shock. I heard absolutely no one cheered. No one.

It was difficult to see what was happening because of all the players and staff on the field as Chad went to the sideline. The cluster moved to the sideline and Pennington went to the bench. Suddenly, Clemens burst out from the sideline and ran up to the huddle. That's when you heard some cheering. I just brought it up on Tivo, and the timing is what I recollect from the game (Chad sits, several seconds go by, and then Clemons runs out).

I don't think that most fans were cheering Pennington getting hurt. I think they were just spontaneously cheering for their team to get up off the canvas and continue the drive. I'm not even sure some of the people realized that it wasn't Pennington that was racing back to the huddle, as it appeared (to me) a QB just popped out of the swarm of people around the sidelines. Certainly some of the Jets fans around me were asking each other if it was Clemons.

Believe me, I'm the last one to defend jets fans. I think that Sims was wrong to say what he said in the telecast - I think that this controversy is largely manufactured.

R

I clearly heard the cheers while Chad was still injured and on the field.

I clearly heard the cheers while Chad was still injured and on the field.

Yup, and they only got louder when Clemens came in.

I miss Dennis Miller on MNF. I really do.
It's nice to be alone on my own island.

Last edited:
I really didn't think the Jet fans were cheering at the injury. There was no way that they didn't see Chad coming off the field, unless a fan had his face absorbed beer suds. How many times did he fall down trying to get to the sidelines, then limped on one foot to finally get off the field. That effort is what I thought they were cheering. If they were really disapointed in another injury, they would have booed. When the announcers first mentioned the fans cheering the injury, I disagreed with that assesment. Don't get me wrong, most Jet fans suck, but not on this occasion.

I really didn't think the Jet fans were cheering at the injury. There was no way that they didn't see Chad coming off the field, unless a fan had his face absorbed beer suds. How many times did he fall down trying to get to the sidelines, then limped on one foot to finally get off the field. That effort is what I thought they were cheering. If they were really disapointed in another injury, they would have booed. When the announcers first mentioned the fans cheering the injury, I disagreed with that assesment. Don't get me wrong, most Jet fans suck, but not on this occasion.

I agree. Now, I love bashing Jests fans just as much as the next guy (Hail Moga) but in all honesty, watching the game on the tube... my immediate reaction was that they were cheering the effort Chad made trying to get up and off the field multiple times.

Plus, if they were cheering him being injured, wouldn't they have boo'ed him coming back out after getting taped-up? :)

R

Anyone who has spent ANY time on jets message boards this summer will back up the fact that the reaction in jersey was TOTALLY expected. Also, Olbermann, Simms, Nantz, Berman and many others - including jet fans I know who ALSO were at the game - were positive about the reaction. It's pathetic and it's even more pathetic that they are in full denial mode today. Perhaps those in your section didn't have that attitude, but many did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots