Welcome to PatsFans.com

Olbermann : 'Lying' Bush as Much a 'Threat' as Terrorists

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Oct 19, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

http://newsbusters.org/node/8436

Olbermann Suggests 'Lying' Bush as Much a 'Threat' as Terrorists

[​IMG]

On Wednesday's Countdown, MSNBC host Keith Olbermann delivered the latest in a recent series of "Special Comment" attacks on President Bush, inspired by the recently passed Military Commissions Act, as he suggested Bush was as big a "threat" to America as the "terrorists." The Countdown host not only referred to the government "becoming just a little bit like the terrorists," but he also labelled some of Bush's "invocations" as "terroristic" and compared the wish of a 9/11 planner to end America to what President Bush himself "has wrought." Olbermann: "One of the terrorists believed to have planned the 9/11 attacks, you told us yesterday, said he hoped the attacks would be the beginning of the end of America. That terrorist, sir, could only hope. Not his actions nor the actions of a ceaseless line of terrorists, real or imagined, could measure up to what you have wrought...These things you have done, Mr. Bush, they would constitute the beginning of the end of America." Olbermann also charged that Bush has "imposed subjugation and called it freedom," accused Bush several times of telling "lies," and proclaimed, addressing Bush, that "the threat this generation of Americans needed to take seriously was you."

2. Sir Otilc

Sir Otilc On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This dingleberry is so desperate for attention.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one's there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Like wise, if Keith Oblermann whines about Bush, but no one's watching, does it make a sound?

Only the hardcore certified moonbats watch this pile of human excrement with a microphone.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

It's funny that the same people who rip Hanity and O'Reilly for being partisan celebrate this schmuck who makes H and O look like centrists. Shame on Olberman for this crap.

4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Twenty years from now you two are gonna be so ashamed of your words today its not even funny. No check that, by then you'll have convinced yourselves that you never went along with the anti-American bs of this clown in the White House.

5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

Ashamed of myself for disputing that Bush is as much of a threat as terrorists ? I dont think so. It's the liberals who need to look in the mirror and actually listen to what they're saying.

6. Sir Otilc

Sir Otilc On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, you're right.

In 20 years, we'll all look back and wonder why we didn't equate the President of the United States with people who behead their prisoners, who maim their dead bodies, who hijack planes and fly them into buildings, who strap belts of bombs around their waist and detonate them in shopping malls or on board buses. :rolleyes:

Good Lord, do knee jerk reactionists like you and NEM even bother to read what you're typing before you post it?

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 3 / -10

Hatred And Jealousy Has driven Them All Nuts The Democrats Are Not Capable Of Protecting America God Help Us

8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, 20 years from now after an American city has been nuked, you liberals will be saying "why didn't bush expand the war on terror like we all wanted him to? Why didn't he imprison and interrogate terrorists..? Why weren't torture techniques used in those interrogations..?!?"

9. Sir Otilc

Sir Otilc On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

^^^

"Why didn't he listen in on their cell phone conversations with their operatives?"

How can Liberals claim to want to defeat this enemy when they thwart every attempt to do so?

10. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This is where the conversation always breaks down. You claim documents, photos, videos, recordings, faxes, data, etc back up your cause, and then when someone asks you to prove it you just say you're not going to bother doing that again.

11. Sir Otilc

Sir Otilc On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow, if Olbermann was such a beacon of truth, he'd surely have the highest rated show in history!

Wait, what's that?

His ratings are the lowest of all the talking head shows?

But, but, but....he documents everything he says with factual evidence, transcripts, etc., so how can this be?

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 3 / -10

Olberman is in the same class as Jeanne Garafool, Franken, Phil Donahue, Dan Rather, Tub Of Sh!t Michael Moore, and Noisey Streisand.

Even after 9/11 they can't believe there are people (savages) in the world that want them and their children dead, guts blown to bits, heads carved off, tongues cut out, and bodies burned to crispy blacken meat.

We are at war with murdering prehistoric savages, the Democrats will never be able to handle them, Democrats can no longer be trusted to protect America, they are weak, babbling, squealing, pandering do-gooding, tax raising fools.

13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 3 / -10

Olberman is in the same class as Jeanne Garafool, Franken, Phil Donahue, Dan Rather, Tub Of Sh!t Michael Moore, and Noisey Streisand.

Even after 9/11 they can't believe there are people (savages) in the world that want them and their children dead, guts blown to bits, heads carved off, tongues cut out, and bodies burned to crispy blacken meat.

We are at war with murdering prehistoric savages, the Democrats will never be able to handle them, Democrats can no longer be trusted to protect America, they are weak, babbling, squealing, pandering do-gooding, tax raising fools.

14. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, you do what Patters does. You give an opinion then you post a link to some other liberal with the same opinion, and call that "proof" that your opinion is correct. :rolleyes:

Although I will give you credit.... unlike Patters, you are yet to reference any nationally recognized Holocaust deniers or resort to referencing any Aryan Nation - uh, I mean "Institute for Historical Holocaust Review" - websites...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  15. Sir Otilc

Sir Otilc On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And, pray tell, how far off was that "only poll" on election day?

Perhaps the Liberal media, and nitwit moonbats like yourself so wanted Bush to lose that you believed all the fabricated and unfairly stacked polls showing that result.

Why not? You guys equated exit polls with actual votes in 2004.

It would appear that Hannity cited the "only poll" that would later mirror the actual election results!

It must just suck to be a moonbat Liberal.

16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +892 / 7 / -3

My favorite liberal reference is the "a black friend of mine" , " an evengelical christian I talked to" or "a homosexual republican I met"

Love when libs slip that into a point they are trying to reinforce.

17. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, see this is exactly what I was talking about that is ridiculously obvious to almost everyone on this board but Nem and Patters don't seem to have the necessary faculties to figure it out or understand the concept.

When you present an ultra-radical liberal opinion, you can't back it up by simply giving a reference from an ultra-radical liberal column on an ultra-radical liberal website.

It would be like me saying, for example: "George Bush is doing a great job and, as proof, I point you to Ann Coulter's column of October 12," and then claiming that I had "proven" my original contention that Bush is doing a great job because I provided supporting references.

18. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rofl: Yeah they do tend to do that, don't they..? Reminds me of a disussion we had on education in this forum. The libbie I was debating with, quite conveniently, all of a sudden had all sorts of friends and relatives that worked in the education field. "My brother-in-law, a teacher... my friend's stepson, who used to be a teacher... my cousin's half-sister who works as a principal..." and so on and so forth... Needless to say all these people (who I am sure really exist and aren't made up :rolleyes: ) agree 100% lock, stock and barrel with everything he said.... how convenient....

19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 3 / -10

They think when they do that they are showing the world how kind, caring and wonderful they are.

20. italia44

italia44 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Because of low ratings,NBC,thinking of moving Olberman and Matthews from MSNBC to the business channel CNBC.
    http://newsbusters.org/node/8454

Sounds like the LIbs will only get to see them if they wear "tin foil hats".