Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
If what is available at 21 includes a guy that BB forsees as a top level 3-4 OLB, I think there is no way he passes.
That position is the most important in his defense (althought the team D concept says not as much more important as other schemes value any single guy)
We are fine at OLB with Colvin and Vrabel, but if Vrabel stays inside, we need a guy to play now. Even if not, this guy would see a lot of time as a 3rd down DE if he is ready.

There is only one conclusion in my opinion if the guys mentioned Lawson, Wimbley, etc are on the board an BB goes elsewhere, and that is that his opinion of the guys at that position is very low.

With all of the different ways we can go at 21 and 3 more picks on day 1 this should be a fun day, and trades may happen too.

It's gotta be LB all the way. With so many good ones this year, how could you not? That said, i'd like a guy to play inside while moving Vrabel back outside.

well doesnt have to be a OLB at round 1..they might like Mark Anderson..Parys Harylson..Darryl Tapp maybe in 2-3rd round

When it gets to the 21st pick and the best guy they have on the board for the OLB/DE position is only 40th on thier draft board, they'll take someone else. It depends who's there and where they have them rated. I heard last night Manny Lawson got a 43 on his wonderlic. Athletic ability and brains. He very well may not be there though.

CrazyDave said:
It's gotta be LB all the way. With so many good ones this year, how could you not? That said, i'd like a guy to play inside while moving Vrabel back outside.

If the scrutiny of BB Piloi and the PAts scouting department leaves those players graded as highly as you and many on this board feel they are, then it will be OLB. I just never bank on trying to figure out BBs opinion based on the opinions of the Kipers, Mortensens, draft guides, etc of the world.

In other words, common opinion says we will be going OLB and maybe even trading up to do it, based on COMMON OPINION of the ability of these players.
It is no where near a certainty that BBs opinion of the ability of these players is the same.

AndyJohnson said:
If the scrutiny of BB Piloi and the PAts scouting department leaves those players graded as highly as you and many on this board feel they are, then it will be OLB. I just never bank on trying to figure out BBs opinion based on the opinions of the Kipers, Mortensens, draft guides, etc of the world.

In other words, common opinion says we will be going OLB and maybe even trading up to do it, based on COMMON OPINION of the ability of these players.
It is no where near a certainty that BBs opinion of the ability of these players is the same.

cowboys at 18 would be a prime trading partner (if parcells and bb could make a trade)....cowboys are shopping it to add picks in the mid rounds and we have multiple picks in the 3rd, 4th and 6th rounds....i think sims is gaining late momentum....top five talent allegedly....but too small?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back