PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OL props

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbell31

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
since im the harshest critic on our oline, i think they deserve great credit for performance against the titans...although belichick did leave a tight end in alot to help protect..kaczur is playing much better than last year..vollmer, wow, quite impressive, going to b our lt starter next year for sure..already better in pass pro than light and kaczur..neal struggles at times as duz mankins...the weakness in the line is in the interior here as of lately..if levoir is a stud then no i dont think we need to draft a tackle early like i previously had said..but we either need connolly, orhnberger, or simmons to step up becuz we will need g/c rebuilding...what a complete game, brady was finally on, everyone executed, nice work, now im just worried bout the colts, and saints in the future...

I would love to see this team get a stud center.
Dan Koppen gets the job done and at a good price so
that probably won't happen.

It looks as if our interior line has been the weakness, but it seems to me that the interior line pressure is what Brady struggles the most with. Every since the superbowl that is where the majority of opponent blitzes have been focused towards. So i think it is more a product of that and less their lack of skill. I think our interior line is the strength of our line, but potentially the weakness of Brady.

(i've been drinking and this could be utter nonsense)

Well done O-Line - Volmmer has really impressed this year...but there is a long way to go.

We should do better next week...

And Light - when he becomes healthy... puts Volmmer back in the reserves.

Forget the argument that Light will move to RT

Or that Kaczur will take the bench for Volmmer

Because if one thing is true: it is consistency in the O-Line provides stability for a potential for consistency in the rest of the offense

It allows for better timing with up and coming receivers with the HOF QB

As well as time for young receievers like Tate and edlemen to establish trusting relationships with Brady

Logan Mankins is an absolute beast - although in the Denver game he showed signs of imperfection

Koppen still surprises me as a consistently consistent man. He is fantastically irrelevant when talking post-game, which any great center is.

To be able to snap the ball accurately while blocking the dominant nose tackles in the NFL is supperb. Koppen is the man.

As for Stephen Neal, well his penalties of late have really hurt. I'm surprised no one has shown him as a "down" for the Titans game. 2 penalties? this guy worries me at times.

As for kaczur, in BB we trust. the guy loves Kaczur. i just dont get it. religiously false starts and consistently shows a lack of blocking with power rushers.

Volmmer is a great backup and gives me confidence as we move forward. Havent seen enough out of Connolly, and Kendall Simmons is getting old. anyone see Orlando Pace yesterday?

Yates was a surprise cut in the offseason, havent heard much from him. did he sign elsewhere? looks like hochstein is getting enough PT in denver?

Any other thoughts here? come on guys let's hear it. We either love or hate the o-line

The offensive line has played very well, and the future is as good as it has ever been.

We are all set through 2011 at OT with Kaczur, Vollmer, LeVoir and Light (for as long as he stays).

We are set at center with Koppen. Connolly is the backup center and is an ERFA next year, so if we wish to keep Connolly, we are set through 2011 there also.

There is a bit of a mess at guard considering that Neal and Mankins are signed only through 2009, although Mankins could be an RFA if there is no CBA deal. Even here, there are options in addition to re-signing the pair. Simmons is here through 2011 and could start at either spot as needed. Wendell is on the Practice Squad and could be in the mix, as could be rookie Ohrnberger.

Of course, if none of this works out, we could use a draft pick on the OL.

what a weird way to post amhunt.

The interior still worries me, although a bit less after the ravens game.

Any other thoughts here? come on guys let's hear it. We either love or hate the o-line

Posting while drinking is outlawed in here.

Seriously ... the O-Line is playing well, they are running some great stunts and I especially love the downfield blocking. These guys are very mobile. The opposition knows Brady will be throwing more than 1/2 the time and still they are protecting Tom very well. It is intriguing to think how Bill will use Light and vollmer together with one as a TE.

Prediction: Matt Light will catch a TD pass this year ... at home.

I don't think that Simmons has an age issue. He is a 30 year old veteran and (if healthy) capable of starting. While he may or may not work out, he was a good addition, and a possible competitor for a starting position next year if either Neal or Mankins is not re-signed (their contracts are up this year). Simmons is learning the offense and played some this past week.

Light 30
Mankins 27
Koppen 30
Neal 33
Kaczur 30
Simmons 30

While Simmons is 30, the other backups are younger.
LeVoir 27
Connolly 27
Vollmer 25
Ohrnberger 23

Volmmer is a great backup and gives me confidence as we move forward. Havent seen enough out of Connolly, and Kendall Simmons is getting old.

Last edited:
No matter what the position, the best treatment for a knee injury is to have a rookie come in and play well in your absence.

Matt, I trust your rehab is coming along well, maybe even a little ahead of schedule, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes