PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OL Nick McDonald, WR Lavelle Hawkins, WR Perez Ashford cut

It's normal to not know who either of those WRs are right?

I guess I missed the part where Rutgers had a NFL level defense last year

well that didnt take as long as I expected.

am I confused or dont we have a long way to go til cut-down day (see notes from Morgan below). So BB must be definitely trying to get McDonald on IR - early while other teams are busy and not thinking about adding anybody elses castoffs.

2013-14 Calendar: Key Dates for the Pats and the NFL :All Things Pats

Thanks Gumby - I was just wondering what were the key cutdown dates after seeing these cuts. Anyone think that the other two open spots on the 90-man roster are going to be filled? This could open the door for a veteran wideout or a veteran defensive tackle to be brought in...

Thanks Gumby - I was just wondering what were the key cutdown dates after seeing these cuts. Anyone think that the other two open spots on the 90-man roster are going to be filled? This could open the door for a veteran wideout or a veteran defensive tackle to be brought in...

I was figuring one of each:

- DL (done)(to fill Armstead's reps)
- G/C (not much there with Connolly still out)
- WR (with Edelman and Harrison on the sidelines and these two cut at least one more camp body is needed)

I was figuring one of each:

- DL (done)(to fill Armstead's reps)
- G/C (not much there with Connolly still out)
- WR (with Edelman and Harrison on the sidelines and these two cut at least one more camp body is needed)

Yep - I could see that JMT. I really hope that Armstead is back on the practice field soon and that this infection is really something minor.

Commence another "re-sign Brandon Lloyd" thread ... :cool:

Vet FA Wide Receivers
Brandon Lloyd
Randy Moss
Deion Branch
Laurent Robinson
Steve Breaston
Earley Doucet
Austin Collie
Brian Robiskie
Ruvell Martin
Matt Willis
Devin Aromashodu

Vet FA Defensive Tackles:
Sione Pouha
Shaun Cody
Richard Seymour
Corey Williams
Casey Hampton
Rocky Bernard
Ty Warren
Antonio Johnson
Justin Bannan
Vonnie Holliday
Amobi Okoye
Ryan McBean
Maake Kemoeatu
Leger Douzable

Vet FA Guards:
Brandon Moore
Derrick Dockery
Rex Hadnot
Deuce Lutui

Commence another "re-sign Brandon Lloyd" thread ... :cool:

Vet FA Wide Receivers
Brandon Lloyd
Randy Moss
Deion Branch
Laurent Robinson
Steve Breaston
Early Doucet
Austin Collie
Brian Robiskie
Ruvell Martin
Matt Willis
Devin Aromashodu

Vet FA Defensive Tackles:
Sione Pouha
Shaun Cody
Richard Seymour
Corey Williams
Casey Hampton
Rocky Bernard
Ty Warren
Antonio Johnson
Justin Bannan
Vonnie Holliday
Amobi Okoye
Ryan McBean
Maake Kemoeatu
Leger Douzable

Vet FA Guards:
Brandon Moore
Derrick Dockery
Rex Hadnot
Deuce Lutui

There are still some names on there that I would think someone in the NFL would take a look at.

With Nick McDonald gone that ironically opens the door up for his brother Chris to make the club.

It depends.

Did he go to Rutgers?

Steve Breaston and Early Doucet are two names I wouldn't mind looking at. Breaston was a great slot receiver in Arizona and then for god knows what reason the Chiefs tried to turn him into an outside receiver and move him around a bunch. He isn't a TD machine but he definitely moves the chains.

It's pretty strange that these two guys are still unsigned. I know Breaston had an injury last year. Maybe he isn't far along enough yet in recovery?

Steve Breaston and Early Doucet are two names I wouldn't mind looking at. Breaston was a great slot receiver in Arizona and then for god knows what reason the Chiefs tried to turn him into an outside receiver and move him around a bunch. He isn't a TD machine but he definitely moves the chains.

It's pretty strange that these two guys are still unsigned. I know Breaston had an injury last year. Maybe he isn't far along enough yet in recovery?

Breaston's done.

I guess I missed the part where Rutgers had a NFL level defense last year

They had one of the best defenses in college football last year.

Let's do another Deion Branch rental. It's been a while since we signed him.

Hmm, no obvious Rutgers connection; weird:

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 8m
Per @caplannfl, Oregon WR Lavasier Tuinei signed with the Patriots, according to his agents, Paradigm Sports Management.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back