PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OL Brian Waters' Future In Patriots Hands

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
OL Brian Waters' Future In Patriots Hands
By: Ian Logue

Offensive lineman Brian Waters became an integral part of New England's offensive line during the 2011 season, but now it will be up to the Patriots to decide what his future may hold....

Sorry Ian, but I think Waters is done. He's going to be 36 next week and he missed an entire year of football. I doubt anyone would give up anything for him and it would have to be the Cowboys or Texans for him to even consider coming back.

Personally, I think we have heard the last of Waters. He is already retired even if he hasn't officially retired.

Sorry Ian, but I think Waters is done. He's going to be 36 next week and he missed an entire year of football. I doubt anyone would give up anything for him and it would have to be the Cowboys or Texans for him to even consider coming back.

Personally, I think we have heard the last of Waters. He is already retired even if he hasn't officially retired.

I think there were a lot of assumptions made last year about this and we dont know what truly went down what you are stating seemed like popular opinion of the situation but I dont think it was fact.

If there was something specific that kept him home last year it could be resolved now and he might still want one more shot and who knows maybe he would be fine with one more year away now or whatever.

I tend think that the ship has sailed here but you never know.

IMO if the guys wants to continue playing and he wants to do it closer to home then you should try to trade him quickly and release him if a trade cant be done. It was one thing the way it went persumably went down last year to retain his rights but early in the offseason if he wants out let him out.

it will be interesting to see what happens with him but one has to wonder why he has not retired yet?

Might be hard ass but I'd not release him and insist on a conditional 6th as a minimum but accept a 7th. My bet is that nobody that Waters would play for bites.

Might be hard ass but I'd not release him and insist on a conditional 6th as a minimum but accept a 7th. My bet is that nobody that Waters would play for bites.

Unfortunately, if as reported, geography/family is important to Waters, Dallas and Houston are his destinations of choice. Dallas definitely will not have cap space for adding Waters; Houston has space but will need it elsewhere. Waters will not be coming back for vt minimum or anything close to it.

I'd love for us to pick up a mid-to-late pick, but I think Waters is done.

At the stage he is in his career you can't take a season off and come back. It just won't work, he checked out last season, He is done!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back