PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OL beards shaved

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/archives/2006/12/locker_room_loo_9.html

December 13, 2006

Locker room look

Hey all --

There were a bunch of new faces -- and old faces with a new look -- in the locker room today. First of all, the offensive linemen, who had been growing bushy beards as a sign of solidarity, shaved them off, apparently at Matt Light's word.

The seat in front of Doug Gabriel's locker didn't even get cold before there was another number 85 there, tight end Rod Trafford. Trafford landed and came straight to Foxboro -- his suitcase was in front of his locker -- and was getting to know his new/old teammates. Trafford's first team coming out of South Carolina in 2003 was the Patriots, who signed the 6-foot-3, 250 pounder as an undrafted rookie free agent, and he was sent to NFL Europe by the Pats. Since then, he's been bouncing around the league.

Defensive back Justin Phinisee, signed to the practice squad yesterday, was dressing between Mike Wright and Jarvis Green and Guss Scott peeked his head into the room but that was about it.

Daniel Graham, Ty Warren, Mike Vrabel and Rosevelt Colvin all drew large crowds to their locker. Graham said his brother, who recently underwent a kidney transplant (their mother was the donor), is doing well and out of the hospital.

shalise

Posted by Shalise Manza Young at 12:25 PM

Last edited:
The wheel turns.

There was a brilliant thread stated here last Monday. The author of that thread showing tremedous insight came to the conclusion that the OL play has deteriorated as the beards grew longer. He then boldly predicted that the beards would be shaved and the play of the OL would improve.

It was reported earlier today( much earlier than Pats1 info I might add)by the PROJO that the beards have been shaved. The author of that thread deserves much credit in his analysis of the situation.:cool:

Last edited:
So Pats signed this TE? Doesn't look good for Watson ........

There was a brilliant thread stated here last Monday. The author of that thread showing tremedous insight came to the conclusion that the OL play has deteriorated as the beards grew longer. He then boldly predicted that the beards would be shaved and the play of the OL would improve.

It was reported earlier today, much earlier than Pats1 info, that the beards have been shaved. The author of that thread deserves much credit in his analysis of the situation.:cool:
Unfortunately, the author's "body of work" was weighed against the luck that resulted in a rare analytical triumph. That and the fact people obsessed with facial fur are tickled by these things...:eek:

Unfortunately, the author's "body of work" was weighed against the luck that resulted in a rare analytical triumph. That and the fact people obsessed with facial fur are tickled by these things...:eek:

So you think the "blind squirell theory" was at work?

Explain? ...

Signed this TE scrub to PS, and just signed OJ Santiago, another TE. A week after Watson gets hurt. Just saying if Waston's injury didn't look like anything serious, both of these moves probably don't get made.

I'm not a sky is falling type, but I can read the writing on the walls.

Signed this TE scrub to PS, and just signed OJ Santiago, another TE. A week after Watson gets hurt. Just saying if Waston's injury didn't look like anything serious, both of these moves probably don't get made.

Insurance for the playoffs if Watson can't come back. Until Ben goes on IR, it's just depth.

Insurance for the playoffs if Watson can't come back. Until Ben goes on IR, it's just depth.

Signing a TE to PS is depth. Signing another TE to the active roster to make 4 TEs and tacking on another to the PS is more than depth.

I hope you are right, but color me worried.

Or it could just be an irrational need for ever more tight ends. Nahhhhh.

Who's available at TE in the draft this coming year, anyway? Even with 2 new ones we're down to like 5 total, with Watson out.

The writing on the wall is highly overrated IMO! Nothing good ever comes from it, just disease and jail time!;)

The writing on the wall is highly overrated IMO! Nothing good ever comes from it, just disease and jail time!;)
There speaks the voice of experience - well, I think in the jail time anyway. :p

Seeing that they've been playing pattycake like a bunch of grade school kids the past few weeks, I suppose it's only fitting that they shave their beards until their balls drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes