Welcome to PatsFans.com

O'Keefe (ACORN Liar) Caught Trying to Punk CNN

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DropKickFlutie, Sep 29, 2010.

1. DropKickFlutie

DropKickFlutie Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Fake pimp from ACORN videos tries to 'punk' CNN correspondent - CNN.com

Why isn't it reported more that O'Keefe basically lied and heavily edited the original ACORN videos?

Him getting caught in this immature, amateurish project should really put an end to any credibility he had (however small).

This guy is a real credit to the Republican Party. It's too bad there are so many deceitful, hypocritical wackos like this guy who think they are in the right.
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

Because the bits on the ACORN video were damning enough on their own. combined with indictments and conviction on multiple occasions, for voter fraud and other law breaking.

This appears to be pretty stupid attempt to play gotcha. guess he got punked.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  3. DropKickFlutie

DropKickFlutie Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Actually, if you read the article, it confirms that his original videos were heavily edited and fabricated to deceive, and the videos have been dismissed as having no credibility.

It's similar to that recent Breitbart lie that end up costing that woman her job.
  4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

Doesn't matter how it was edited everything we see on TV is edited, the Couric interview with Palin was 8 hours, the ACORN people are on tape telling people how to break the law and steal taxpayers money. What is so hard to understand?
  5. DropKickFlutie

DropKickFlutie Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

It isn't hard to understand, but is simply more of the same, that a complete fraud of a person from the Republican Party continues to be seen as a credible voice.
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Some people want more than their 15 minutes ... like this azzhole.
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +310 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

13, there is responsible editing and there is irresponsible editing and there is outright manipulation.

Most major news agencies and all reputable news reporters and investigators do not "set things up" to begin with - and they certainly don't edit out pertinent parts - such as leaving off Shirley Sherrell's introduction into what made her change her mind about how to treat white people.

Katy Couric did not pretend to be anything or anyone other than Katy Couric when she interviewed Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin knew she was being filmed, Sarah Palin agreed to the terms of the interview and Sarah Palin should have been prepared to be interviewed. The ACORN people, on the other hand, were lied to from the very beginning by people who totally misrepresented themselves. They did not agree to be taped, they did not ask to be taped and they were left unaware that they were being taped. The unauthorized tape was then heavily edited - perhaps even to the point of the outfits that were worn by O'Keefe and his "hooker" were not even the same as those shown in the video clips.

Besides which, when Sarah Palin looked a bit dumbfounded and unprepared people took it at face value. Their opinion of Sarah might have gone down but it didn't change their perception of the Republican party as a whole. No one immediately began screaming for the whole party to be disbanded based on the actions of one unprepared vice-presidental candidate. And yet those same people had no trouble destroying the entire ACORN entity - based on the actions of a few employees.

Even if the whole video was 100% correct, unedited, above-board and totally honest (which I do not think it was) why should the whole organization have been vilified? There's a few rotten apples in every barrel - you don't ordinarily throw it all out, you simply get rid of the rotten ones.

You are one of the very first ones to get upset if someone mentions some racist sign or remark at a Tea Party rally. You are the first one to tell us that it's not representative of the Tea Party as a whole and we lefties are a mean evil bunch to think they are....and yet you have no trouble condemning ACORN for the actions of a few employees - even though it's been brought out time and time again that O'Keefe set up the same situation multiple times and every other time it was handled correctly. Where are those videos? Why aren't you asking to see those, too?

You need to start living by your own rules before you storm around demanding that everyone else follow them.
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

Yeah I understand Editing that cast criminal libs in a bad light are irresponsible.
    :rolleyes:
  9. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who the heck is calling him a credible voice after this? Everyone is blasting him. I think the prank was just a silly 20-something showing his true colors but he definately lost his "investigative journalist" card with it.
  10. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Doesn't matter if the tapes were edited :rolleyes: Two AG's found that they were edited to the point that they were totally mis-leading and that the ACORN staff had done nothing wrong, in fact right after okeefe left they called the police to report what had happened. You've been doing this sort of thing for four years now, you have a track record, i doubt anyone believes anything you post. Before you even post the inevitable crap about how i'm a liar and i've never posted anything truthful :rolleyes: I'll put my rep up against yours any day. If i post something 99% of the time i can back it up.
  11. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Aaaand they got defunded. Are there any lawsuits?
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

ACORN
    What a great little outfit, I sent them $10,000 dollars this morning.

tra la la twiddle dee dee
    it gives me a thrill
    to send acorn some money
    to pay their f-cking electric light bill

:bricks:
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

IF you are referring the the guy in Brooklyn he never asked for the raw tapes and he got campaign donations from the groups involved. We know that dems never investigate crimes from their allies se the New Black Panther investigation that Holder ordered dropped. same sort of corruption.
  14. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

They got defunded before it came to light that the tapes were edited. I don't think anyone in congress is going to try and revive acorn in this political climate. The people who lost their jobs maybe suing, i don't know. I do know that i believed the tapes, i even told Darryl to forget it, stop sticking up for acorn its obvious watching those tapes that they are corrupt. Then last spring it came out that they were heavily edited, and that in-fact the staff hadn't done what the tapes portrayed them doing. I hadn't heard of acorn before the 08 election and unless something puts them in the headlines i don't pay attention to them.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

Edited how? Anyone think a 30 min tape would have made the TV news? What does the Media put on without editing?

What a sad attempt to deflect. They asked how to break the law, the ACORN folks told them how that segment wasn't edited it was what it was.
  16. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

See thats why you have to stop watching only rt wing blogs and faux. It came out last spring that the tapes were edited for someone to think that acorn employee's would try and help bring under age kidds to the US for prostitution. Do even you really think that the staff at an acorn office would really tell a guy dressed like a pimp from a Seventies movie how to bring under age kids into the US its just to ridiculous to believe.

B'klyn ACORN cleared over giving illegal advice on how to hide money from prostitution

Brooklyn prosecutors on Monday cleared ACORN of criminal wrongdoing after a four-month probe that began when undercover conservative activists filmed workers giving what appeared to be illegal advice on how to hide money.

While the video by James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles seemed to show three ACORN workers advising a prostitute how to hide ill-gotten gains, the unedited version was not as clear, according to a law enforcement source.

"They edited the tape to meet their agenda," said the source.

http://news.firedoglake.com/2010/04...ow-defunct-acorn-okeefe-tapes-heavily-edited/

vidence obtained by Brown tells a somewhat different story, however, as reflected in three videotapes made at ACORN locations in California. One ACORN worker in San Diego called the cops. Another ACORN worker in San Bernardino caught on to the scheme and played along with it, claiming among other things that she had murdered her abusive husband. Her two former husbands are alive and well, the Attorney General’s report noted. At the beginning and end of the Internet videos, O’Keefe was dressed as a 1970s Superfly pimp, but in his actual taped sessions with ACORN workers, he was dressed in a shirt and tie, presented himself as a law student, and said he planned to use the prostitution proceeds to run for Congress. He never claimed he was a pimp.

I don't like the source fire dog lake, but they do state that Acorn is guilty of other things, and i didn't realize who the link was until i posted it. Still there were plent of other links that stated the same thing that the AG of Cali found that the okeefe tapes were edited to make the viewers think that Okeefe walked in dressed like a pimp from Superfly and that the staff answered his questions when they did not.

ACORN Tapes Heavily Edited? - Sean Hannity Discussion
  17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

18. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

19. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +77 / 5 / -7

#37 Jersey

Jerry Brown and Andrew Cuomo?:rofl::rofl: Are you ******* kidding me.
  20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +106 / 7 / -10

You are confusing the Daily NEws with the NY Post, Mort Zukerman is the owner of the Daily News is a democrat. He is one of the left wing guys on the MCLAughlin Group, wrong again.