Welcome to PatsFans.com

Okay You Lefties Debunk "The American Creed"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 17, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +604 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

How many times have you read that the Middle East is none of our business?

I disagree...but it is all about opinion. This came on a Disabled Americans Veterans calendar in the mail today...I had forgotten about this creed...thought it would make a good thread so I publish it as is...I forgot to link the page so I will find that and do that to keep Ian happy.
    EDIT: I FOUND IT..TIME TO GET TO WORK...BE BACK TONIGHT... http://www.homeofheroes.com/hallofheroes/1st_floor/flag/1bfc_creed.html

The thread title is to get the lazy to click...disregard it now.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

I am not quite sure what you are referring to, but if this is it, as a lefty I do not have a problem with it. But I think George Bush has an issue with it, particularly the part about supporting its constitution. I do not see any issue with it except for your perception of what the left actually is and what the left believes in.

I believe in the United States of America as a Government of the People, by the People, for the People; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; A democracy in a republic, a sovereign Nation of many Sovereign States; a perfect Union, one and inseparable; established upon those principles of Freedom, Equality, Justice, and Humanity for which American Patriots sacrificed their Lives and Fortunes.
    I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to Love it; to Support its Constitution; to obey its laws; to Respect its Flag; and to defend it against all enemies.
  3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +604 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Just looking for a debate on it...catchy titles get people to open and have a look.

I think some will see it quite literally, some will interpret it as they see it, and others wil perhaps think a few words should be changed.

When discussing the Constitution it is so much harder because interpretation is huge and there are many ammendments. This is a bit harmless and I thought good for discussion.

I forgot all about it ... I am a regular donater to the Disabled American Veterans and it is on the calendar they sent this time...bigger stuff gets bigger donations LOL! I see through what they are doing...but I would give them money if they sent nothing...I think they are very creative to get the fringe donaters though.
  4. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't have any problem with "The American Creed." No urge to debunk it, sorry.

But it's disturbing to think that some on the right believe that some on the left don't believe every word of it. Of course they do. Patriotism is not the property of the right or the left, of Democrats or Republicans. It is the property of Americans.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

Profile Then Kill Them Before They Kill Your Kids
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2005
  6. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Harry Boy, what's with the larger letters? Do you think that increases your credibility or makes you look like a grade schooler?
  7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

He's shouting, just like the guy in the bar who talks over everyone to get his point across.
  8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +604 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Mainefan you are mistaken on this. There are many on the left who think other countries affairs are not our business. There are many examples here I could point to...it is a common theme.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2005
  9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +604 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Certainly got my attention...Harry is very passionate and untrusting of terrorist type leaders. Harry's type may be too small if anything.
  10. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'm mistaken on what? There are isolationists in both parties, and as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter which party they belong to. They're wrong.

But I wasn't discussing isolationism. I was talking about patriotism.
  11. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +604 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Fair enough...no question they are everywhere.
  12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Not true, FBN. You're lying.
    Leaving people and other countries alone is a very conservative position. It is the essence of being an American. The radical position is the arrogance to think everyone wants to be like us, and even if they don't we should force them to be.

Don't make me whip-out Washington's point of view on this.