PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Okay you ESPN Insider folks - Ty Warren chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Welker! (Though the summary and choice quotes would have been fine since posting the complete transcript may get Ian a nasty note about copyright.) :rocker:

To follow up on the weight lifting discussion: I'm betting Ty has actually backed off a bit on his squats since his game got so much quicker and faster last season. I'm sure he's doing the reps he needs for max explosion, but I'm sure his goal isn't bulk by a long shot.

I cant stand Ronnie Coleman, always screaming YEA BUDDY! and LIGHT WEIGHT!
Besides im almost positive he is still on the juice. amongst other things.
LOL, I know what you mean. And if he was actually off the juice, I think he got right back on after Cutler beat him. You ever see his tackle box of pills? Amazing.

LOL, I know what you mean. And if he was actually off the juice, I think he got right back on after Cutler beat him. You ever see his tackle box of pills? Amazing.

That and he was too overconfident he would win every year. Cutler had been training like a madman and at least has people around the same size as him to motivate him and push him with heavier stuff.

Ronnie has a crew of every day men. Seriously if Ronnie dropped 600+ pounds on his chest does anyone think any of those men were picking it up?

The thing that i thought was even more amazing was that he eats at his house with giant wooden stirring spoons and so forth. Crazy.

Thats all of it --

Heres my favorite answer:

Brian (Philadelphia): Ty, who do you see as being the biggest challenge to you guys in the AFC this year?

SportsNation Ty Warren: Anyone that we don't prepare well for.

Thanks for posting this! Agree with you on that answer; as I was reading it, that struck to me as a great answer.

When he talks BB-style, effortlessly, you can be pretty sure he plays BB-style just as well.

Of course you need to max out and to get stronger! No matter on what body part. Thats how your muscle fibers tear and rebuild bigger and stronger. Doing the same weight consistently just defines your muscles and tones them even if your doing them at a high %.

Example. I max bench at 275 yet i do reps at 210. Just because i can do reps at 210 doesnt mean ill get stronger from it. I have to push the bar eventually to hit that peak and get that pump and volume.

u dont need to max out on squat or deadlift

what do u prove by doing it once? its more dangerous than bench press and clean, etc

Thanks for the interview. Great stuff. Junior Seau is the funniest guy in the locker room according to Ty? Interesting stuff,I would of never figured. Rosevelt Colvin is the biggest talker? Now that I could envision.

Thanks for the interview. Great stuff. Junior Seau is the funniest guy in the locker room according to Ty? Interesting stuff,I would of never figured. Rosevelt Colvin is the biggest talker? Now that I could envision.

for talker it would definitely Colvin or Hobbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back