PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Okay Steelers fans deserve respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo7

Totally Full of It
Reaction score
Okay, there were some that talked sh!t but for the most part I've felt the Steelers fans have been the most gracious leading up to this game and in defeat. They've taken it well, haven't made excuses (like the Colts fans) and have been mostly complimentary of the Pats after this game. We get a lot of trolls here, but I'd say that, especially for a legit team, the Steelers fans have been the most respectful, knowledgeable and accepting of defeat. Good luck to your team/organization, who I believe does everything well, you have a very good team.

I'm wicked drunk by the way.

Last edited:
Pretty much only Steel74 and a few others..

Everyone else can get lost though.

A big GO F--k yourself to the Steelers and thier fans..Enough said

I HATE that team,always did,Always will

Pretty much only Steel74 and a few others..

Everyone else can get lost though.

TimeSteel was cool too....

I just meant looking at their boards (steelersfever.com) the vast majority of threads and posts seem to indicate something along the lines of "the better team won"

Last edited:
A big GO F--k yourself to the Steelers and thier fans..Enough said

I HATE that team,always did,Always will

common don't be such a grinch, it's the holidays

maybe 1-2, most prominently Steel74. A bunch of em sucked though.

common don't be such a grinch, it's the holidays

O.K. Then, To all Steelers fans and team ect: GFY on January 2nd till the following mid December...Is that better? ;)

They've taken it well, haven't made excuses

You need to read more posts. But, we'll excuse your ignorance due to alcohol. :)

Okay, there were some that talked sh!t but for the most part I've felt the Steelers fans have been the most gracious leading up to this game and in defeat. They've taken it well, haven't made excuses (like the Colts fans) and have been mostly complimentary of the Pats after this game. We get a lot of trolls here, but I'd say that, especially for a legit team, the Steelers fans have been the most respectful, knowledgeable and accepting of defeat. Good luck to your team/organization, who I believe does everything well, you have a very good team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wow. That was the funniest **** I've read on a message board in a long time. My sides are hurting. At least you're not a mean drunk.

Maybe I'm stupid, but when your team gets annihilated, what are you going to say: I hit your fist with my face?

The game was close until early 3rd quarter, then we got clobbered. End of story.

I mean I guess if I snorted some of the **** that was under the kitchen sink I could fantasize that the Steelers crushed Brady, smothered Moss and ran the ball down New England's throat all game, but why make excuses when our coach isn't? We aren't close. He's right, we're not. Maybe we come back in the playoffs totally transformed, but at this point in time we don't have it.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the sentiment, Wildo, I guess I just don't get why someone should get a medal for stating the obvious.

You need to read more posts. But, we'll excuse your ignorance due to alcohol. :)

I think if you peruse Stillers.com you'll see, if anything, an orgy of self-loathing which is so realistic it's distorted.

Drunkeness aside, I beleive a few of thye mods have already gone on record as sayin that this week has been TERRIBLE when it comes to having to delete "troll" posts. Just cuz you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

There have been a few keepers in the bunch though, I have to admit that. Maybe we can trade Steel72 for Jimmy crackhole. :singing:

I just did.

pre game..."we'll KILL those stupid ba$tards!!!"

post game..."kill Anthony Smith!!!"

I never knew Steeler fans were 99% manic depressives

we got "lucky"?

take away the two long plays??

we ran it down their throats???

was there ANOTHER Steeler game played somewhere this afternoon?

No fans of any opposing team deserve respect. Screw them. They suck. Their team sucks. They are jealous. They can kiss my you-know-what.

I love the "us-against-the-world" thing. It's great. Seriously.

First thread I read there doesn't square with your assertions:

http://forums.stillers.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=4527.

Maybe it's different on the other threads, but.... this one's all about the state of denial.

Yeah, there's some nitrous-huffing going on in that post, but there's also:

"You people are delusional. The Pats threw for 400 yds...we couldn't stop 'em and we won't in the playoffs either."

and

"Man, I'm kind of with you on this. We just got our ******* doors blown off. I can't get into the "gosh golly I'm proud" *********** right now. Some would say that we are not even as good as our 1st half performance and that we were lucky to keep it as close as we did for 2 quarters considering how we looked in the 2nd half.

Our secondary was exposed .... and right now I'm not sure if it was the personnel on the field or the system we use when it comes to the Pats.

They have our number ... that's indesputable."

And this gem:

"Because winning is all that matters in football. Not second, not third, not "good" games that we tried hard.....winning championships. Ask Terry Bradshaw about it. He was boo'd out of Three Rivers Stadium because he refused to grasp this concept, and even he admits that he DESERVED it. I'm never proud of this team after they lose, which is what makes the older Steelers fans in this world so great.....they simply refuse to accept losing. Other teams in the NFL and their fans do accept losing, which is why they are not the Steelers.

What gives us the right to demand a winner? We pay the salaries of the players and the coaches, not Dan Rooney. When you pay $60.00 for a ticket, you buy the right to stay at your seat and cheer anyone you want or boo anyone you want. If you want to cheer that pathetic piece of **** performance we had today, have at it, just don't expect the MAJORITY of Steelers fans to agree with you. **** that ****, it was unacceptable, I don't care if we played God's team."

and the last one:

"last time I checked those are still yards. As much as it pains me to say the PATS are an exceptionally talented team with some great calls. I dont like them but I'm not going to be some whiney **** and not show some kind of respect to what they can do. FORGET about what their offense did...What did ours do? Thats where the real problem lies."

Sounds pretty grim to me.

the steelers fans on here have been pretty good this year, but in the past they have been awful on some other boards. i remember in 2004 they were going on all season about how they ended our winning streak, then harldy said a word after the afc title game

The most recent crop of Sh!ttsburgh trolls have been relatively harmless (and boring).

I sometimes wax nostalgic back to 2004 when we were treated to the musings of "Plaxico Rules".

Now HE was a gifted troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey