Okay - It's The Official "I Am Worried About Tomorrow" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Need some pick-me-up here guys!

Maroney likely out; Watson likely out; Big Vince likely out; no one else who has been out coming back!! Playing a bad team, but we have looked AWFUL the last two weeks!!! We really need a win and I (and I am usually an optomist) am worried that we are going to lose. Also worried the Jets will beat Minnesota and we will be in danger of not making the playoffs! Talk me off the ledge! How the !@#$#@! are we going to win this game?

Strange as it may seem., I am extremely confident that we will win tomorrow, and win BIG.

Boo Hoo! But how? We can't stretch the field! Corey Dillon can't run for three plays in a row! Reche Caldwell can't get open if he is jammed at the LOS! Daniel Graham can't run down the field because he has to stay in to help the suddenly old Matt Light! Heath Evans, Chad Jackson and Jabar Gaffney are invisible!! AARRGGH! I am pouring out all my negatives in hopes of turning positive by tomorrow at 1:00 pm.

Boo Hoo! But how? We can't stretch the field! Corey Dillon can't run for three plays in a row! Reche Caldwell can't get open if he is jammed at the LOS! Daniel Graham can't run down the field because he has to stay in to help the suddenly old Matt Light! Heath Evans, Chad Jackson and Jabar Gaffney are invisible!! AARRGGH! I am pouring out all my negatives in hopes of turning positive by tomorrow at 1:00 pm.

I'm not worried for this game.We're better team than Texans and we will win.The nexts games is other thing...

MY God, someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.:D

Here' s how we do it. Control the Line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. The team that does that and does not turover the ball, usually wins. I read something this morning that the OL was embarrased about last week (as they should). That should mean that they are in a "kick ass" mood.

Play smart and inspired football with a minimum of penalties and that should do it.:rocker:

Rich Gannon via Reiss's Pieces,

"[The Texans] have a number of issues along the offensive line. They have been decimated with injuries all season long. They have a new center. Both tackles are guys that did not start the season. Protection is still a problem for them. All things considered, they have done a better job of trying to address that. They have tried to run the ball more. They have tried to move David Carr out of the pocket to try and cut down on the number of sacks. Thatís still a problem for them. David Carr has made some progress this year. His numbers arenít Earth-shattering, but he has limited some of the costly mistakes -- the interceptions. The only way they are going to win a football game, and Gary Kubiak knows this right now with their personnel, is to run the football and play mistake-free football on offense. They have to try and win games defensively. They have to try and keep the score close and find a way to win in the end. They are just not explosive enough offensively. They donít generate enough points offensively to win games that way."

Summation: No way the Texans wins.

Maroney likely out; Watson likely out; Big Vince likely out; no one else who has been out coming back!! Playing a bad team, but we have looked AWFUL the last two weeks!!! We really need a win and I (and I am usually an optomist) am worried that we are going to lose. Also worried the Jets will beat Minnesota and we will be in danger of not making the playoffs! Talk me off the ledge! How the !@#$#@! are we going to win this game?

I'd be nervous if they blew out Miami last week and not vice versa. I think they want to make a statement tomorrow.

We will win easily tommorrow. The team will be all about the business of winning this critical game. And yes, they wan't to erase the taste of last week.

We will win easily tommorrow. The team will be all about the business of winning this critical game. And yes, they wan't to erase the taste of last week.

This coupled with their last home game, will make them hungrier than usual.. they have all gotten beaten up pretty good on the talk shows and in the press. I look for them to turn it around and have a very good game.

Well I can understand your concern. the way this team has played of late
gives anyone some concern.
The struggles in Detriot ; the loss to the JETs ; the domination by Miami
- gives plenty to be concerned about.
Add to that, the key players you mentioned being unhealthy and likely not
to play puts this team in a difficult situation.
Everyone says Houston is a bad team but that doesn't mean they don't
have a lot of talent.
Look at their wins and losses.
They beat Jacksonville TWICE! and one of those games was just a month ago. The lost to Titians way by 6 points but they put up 20 points.
They did this against a team that has been improving and kept the Colts
explosive offense to 17 points just the week before.

I expect the PATs to win but if they don't go into this game highly
motivated and if they can't find the key to turn the offense on ...they could
lose. Defense alone will not win this game.
Sorry I can't talk you out of your concern.

The Pats have totally destroyed the weak teams on their schedule all year. Even against Detriot, they slept walked through the first three quarters and completely dominated in the fourth.

I am not convinced Maroney is out. The Texans don't have a great running game son we can get into a 4-3 which may surprisingly hides the loss of Wilfork better than a 3-4 because Mike Wright and Warren can play DT in a 4-3 better than anyone other than Wilfork can play NT in a 3-4. This is probably why he is being held out for precautionary reasons. Teams have been able to move the ball and score on the Texans. We are still third in the league in points allowed.

I am fairly confident we will win, but in today's NFL nothing is a given for sure.

I hate to use the phrase, "must win game", but this is one of those. This is an AFC opponent that we share with the Jests. We also have what is turning out to be a very tough game coming up against the Jags.

Kubiak has been a thorn in our side for years. Between him and Shanahan they have owned the Pats. Can Kubiak do it again without Shanahan and without the Bronocs talent out there on the field. We shall see.

Ron Dayne doesn't scare me but the zone blocking scheme does. That being said with all the change on the Texans O-line they probably can't execute it well. Also is a 4-3 defense better able to counter zone blocking?

Would love to clinch the division this week but I don't see the Jests losing to the Vikings.

We are 0-13 arent we?
Oh no, thats just your post, not the season.

Its kind of getting out of hand around here. We lose a game and suddenly everyone is convinced we couldnt beat a terrible team.

Its understandable, because we have spoiled. We expect perfection. Beat the 9-1 Bears, and it means nothing. Win, but don't blow out a team, and its a negative. Lose a game, on the road, to a team we rarely beat on the road, and now that 9-4 team is AWFUL.

BB makes a comment that we are 9-4 and many teams would like to be where we are, and its treated on this board as if he committed a mortal sin.
The fact is we are 9-4. 9-4 teams go on to win Super Bowls. 4-9 teams do not. This board is treating this team like it is 4-9.
No we arent 11-2 and we wont be 14-2 and favored to win the SB. No we havent sat down every week and watched this team be the epitome of a champion that makes no misstep, overcomes every single adversity, and almost never has a bad day. That was 03-04. What we seem to be missing is being as good as the 03-04 Patriots pretty much guarantees a Championship, but being that good isnt necessary to win a Championship.

We are not as good in 06 as we were in 03 or 04, but we don't NEED TO BE. Lets start gauging this team based on reality and the competition, not on comparing them to 03-04 team, and throwing them under the bus because they arent at that level. No one is.

I hate to use the phrase, "must win game", but this is one of those. This is an AFC opponent that we share with the Jests. We also have what is turning out to be a very tough game coming up against the Jags.

Kubiak has been a thorn in our side for years. Between him and Shanahan they have owned the Pats. Can Kubiak do it again without Shanahan and without the Bronocs talent out there on the field. We shall see.

Ron Dayne doesn't scare me but the zone blocking scheme does. That being said with all the change on the Texans O-line they probably can't execute it well. Also is a 4-3 defense better able to counter zone blocking?

Would love to clinch the division this week but I don't see the Jests losing to the Vikings.

The Texans are incapable of executing a zone blocking scheme. Out LT is a Ephraim Salaam, who was a backup at Jax and gets beat more often than not. The RT is roookie Eric Winston who has also gotten beaten a lot and only recently started due to injuries. Our center is undersized, the only good player we have on the line is Chester Pitts. You're right that our OL has been ravaged by injuries, Pitts is the only opening day starter who's not out for the season.

Our DL has also had an unusual amount of injuries, the two DT's are both street free agents. Mario Williams is injured but playing, ineffectively I might add. Anthony Weaver's been doing alright, but hasn't exactly set the world on fire. In fact the only player on defense who can be considered exceptional is DeMeco Ryans the MLB. He's the only playmaker we've got on defense.

Trust me when I say the Pats will have a field day against the Texans. I would also like to add that the Texans have won only 2 road games the past 2 seasons, this year at JAX and Oakland. And the only reason we beat the Jaguars is because for some reason the Texans actually decide to play above their abilities against them and Oakland is god awful.

Thanks, TexansFan ...
for taking the trouble to ease our angst.

Not to mention that the mental distraction of a crumbling relationship with Bridget by Tom B. is finally over. Brady should be in a kick-ass mood!

The last time I was worried because of all our injuries was before the Minnesota game. That turned out pretty good, and this one will too.

Wow! you sound like I did last Sunday night! I said I was 50 floors up and watching the traffic below. Asking why I need to back off the ledge. And I was politely encouraged to jump and make the gawkers day!

Well as you can see from these posts, there is little to be that concerned about. Disgraced Texans Fan describes the woes of the Texans' lines very well. They have a scatter shot QB, an ok group of WR's, and a journeyman back in the vein of Antwain Smith. Defensively, their line is shot, their LB's have one rising star surrounded by average talent, and their db's, while they hit like hammers, aren't exactly the best at coverage. There is no real reason not to assume this will be a great bounce back game for us and our bruised ego's and suicidal tendencies!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots