PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OK, We're Running . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Through 2 games we're third in the league averaging 40 runs per game. 40.

To put that in perspective, last year the league leader in rushing attempts was Pittsburgh with 34.3 runs per game.

Guess what we averaged last year ? 27.3.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
Through 2 games we're third in the league averaging 40 runs per game. 40.

To put that in perspective, last year the league leader in rushing attempts was Pittsburgh with 34.3 runs per game.

Guess what we averaged last year ? 27.3.

That's what is so great about having 2 capable backs. You can run the ball 40+ times in a game without wearing out your RB. In fact they are left thirsty for more carries.

I can't wait for Brady and the recievers to get on the same page, because we are going to kill people with play action. I will also love to see them trotting through the snow come December and January.

Early forecast calls for showers, you better believe we're running.

Denver's never faced a running attack from us like this one- Bailey and Lynch will be neutralized for the most part.

As much as I love Maroney that 11 yard run by Dillon when he just plowed over the LB or DB was sick. Lower that shoulder and kill them, Corey.

BelichickFan said:
As much as I love Maroney that 11 yard run by Dillon when he just plowed over the LB or DB was sick. Lower that shoulder and kill them, Corey.

Maybe we should make Dillon our DB coach so he can show them how to put people on the ground. :)

BelichickFan said:

Along with C. Jackson's T.O.-like first catch, that was my favorite play of the game.

What a smashmouth run that was by Corey - - it was as if he was telling the Jets (as he put it in training camp) "N.F.A.".

jeffd said:
Maybe we should make Dillon our DB coach so he can show them how to put people on the ground. :)

Easy there fella. No need to go there. :eek:

shmessy said:
Along with C. Jackson's T.O.-like first catch, that was my favorite play of the game.

What a smashmouth run that was by Corey - - it was as if he was telling the Jets (as he put it in training camp) "N.F.A.".
That was a fantastic play by Chad. If you watch it again it looked like the Jets CB had intercepted it for a second, and Jackson took it out of his hands.

When healthy, Corey Dillon is great. And definitley the run at the end...for a near first down was great. The Jets defense was certainly beat up and tired thanks to Dillon at that point.

shmessy said:

What does N.F.A. stand for?

PatsChick87 said:
What does N.F.A. stand for?

At his first impromptu press conference at training camp this summer, he made the declaration that he has a new mantra for himself this season...."N.F.A", then he looked the writers in the eye and said they can figure for themselves out what it means.

My feeling is that was what he was telling the NY Jets yesterday with that exclamation point run (or should've been if they had converted the FG a few plays later).

Kdo5 said:
NO

F******

AROUND!!!!

ok, thanks. I remember reading Dillon's comment and wondered at the time what he meant.

It doesn't even feel like we're running that much.

What I find the most suprising is that at 40 attempts a game is only third in the NFL. The large amount of rushing in general in the league is probably will come down as the season goes on. I think that a lot of teams are running for mainly two reasons:

1. Just as we are experiencing here, many offenses passing games are not quit clicking because it is early in the season and guys are getting to know eahc other or getting back into the swing of things. Since teams are still developing their passing games they are relying a lot on the run, which I think is more about pure talent and strength than timing and familiarity, as is with passing.

2. Many run defenses have also yet to gel because it is early in the season. Run defense is very much about continuity so there are a lot of teams that will not see their best run defense until later in the season. This is opening up the opportunities for running the ball.

zippo59 said:
What I find the most suprising is that at 40 attempts a game is only third in the NFL. The large amount of rushing in general in the league is probably will come down as the season goes on.
I should have addressed that. 80 attemps is actually more than it looks with the 3rd in the league thing.

These are the top 4 :

But the the top team is Atlanta, which has 21 carries from Vick. So in terms of RB carries we move up to #2, even after subtracting for a few from Brady. Then the only team ahead of us is SD with a first time starting QB and LT in the backfield.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey