PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OK to cheer the bitter rival just once?

efin98

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
As much as I hate to go against tradition...but maybe it is OK for just one game to set aside the decades old bad blood with Montreal to possible cheer for their victory? One game...just one game?

It has a huge stake- home ice in the semifinals. With their victory the Bruins would get home ice vs. the Flyers, the Canadiens would get stuck going to Pittsburgh.

Boston was 2-1-1 against the Flyers this year, they were 1-2-1 against the Capitals...getting the 7th seeded Flyers on home ice and more evenly matched should bode better than on the road against the heavy shooting Caps.

So can we just once maybe cheer the age old enemy on to victory...if only to get a better chance in the next round :bricks:

Yeah, I've always said that under no circumstances would I root for the Canadiens. In fact, in a conversation with somebody last week while watching Canadiens/Caps, my exact words were, "If the Canadiens were playing against Al Qaeda, I still wouldn't root for them."

That being said, if the Bruins can make an unlikely run to the Stanley Cup only having to beat, at most, one of Washington or Pittsburgh and not both, I'm considering reconsidering.

Hell, imagine a Bruins/Habs Wales conference final? I mean, it won't happen unless Halak can make 53 saves every night, but that would be something...take me back to when I was a kid.

Canadiens win! Boston to host the Flyers instead of having to face off with the Penguins...

That can wait until the next round...if the Bruins survive.

I just want Pittsburgh to lose. If we have to deal with Pierre McGuire (or whoever else) drooling and fawning over Crosby for another series, I'm going to go ape****.

Halak is the Ryan Miller of this year's playoffs, so if he stand on his head for one more round, I'm happy. Of course, I'm not a B's fan, so it's easy for me to say. ;)

I'll never root for the Habs! That being said, I'm not too overly disappointed in the outcome for the Bruins' sake. The Pens will do away with Montreal in 5.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back